Suspension & tyre Help please

2.7 V6 30v biturbo - 380 bhp
aeronsenna
Neutral

Suspension & tyre Help please

Post by aeronsenna » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Can anyone help. I have a B5 RS4 2000 that is fitted with Koni coilovers in the recent year I have been having problems with
exessive inner tyre wall wear I mean threads are showing while the tread is min 5mm I took the car to Audi when I bought the
car nearly 3 years ago they reset the geometry Thats when the problems started as they set it to standard (she is lowered by
at least 50mm), Since then tyre wear is down to wall wear not tread. I took it to a Koni supplier to get her reset again.
And once again 6 months down the road, while having a service I get told I need 4 tyres, so I need help
I am not a novice to these cars, this is my third but the first with coilovers and I need to solve this problem and what tyres
do you rate as a pilgremage to the ring beckons
:greyrs4: :redrs4: :nogarors4:

Virdee Autos
Trader (Expired)

Re: Suspension & tyre Help please

Post by Virdee Autos » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:36 pm

It's probably due to the negative camber caused by lowering it.

As theres no adjustment from factory, the only way will be to buy adjustable top suspension arms.

Stern or 034 Motorsport spring to mind.
Virdee Autos ~ 07950-526592

Noggy Blue RS4 - 710N's | Supersprint Exhaust | RS6 Calipers/RS4 Discs | Aero Wipers | B7 rear wiper | Pioneer AVIC-F10BT | Alcantara dash | Alcantara headlining | 15mm spacers | Pentagon Tints/Supaglass | After-run mod | Carbon steering wheel | R8 engine bay caps | Brushed Alu plate plinth |

Return to “RS4 (B5 Typ 8D) 1999-2001”