Right or Wrong

2.7 V6 30v biturbo - 380 bhp
johneroberts
Cruising

Right or Wrong

Post by johneroberts » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:28 pm

Posted on behalf of wilkesy

Just bought rs4 on a reg numer: Y939 PSR in misano red with 10,000 miles, just found out its a personal import dating 2001. Can anybody tell me if ive done right or wrong in doing so ?original pre delivery inspection stamp was by vw/audi WILLY VORTKAMP 48599 Gronau. and if anybody as got any comments would be most appreciated as ive defected from a BMW 330 cab to my dream car and know have 2nd thoughts, please help me, many thanks.
Driving is believing
RS246 Founder

KeithD
1st Gear

RE: Right or Wrong

Post by KeithD » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:52 pm

Is that the one from swift's ?

bobjebb
Top Gear

Post by bobjebb » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:09 pm

I guess it depends purely on how much you paid for it! If it was a reasonble price, a 10k miler sounds great, wish mine had that on the clock, you've practically got a brand new RS4... And what with this undisireable one on its way, I'd keep it!
RS4 B5. Where it all started.
RS6+ Never to be replaced.
Replaced by: 997 Turbo. Didn't like.
Replaced by RS6. I like(d).
Land Rover Defender. Not as nippy.
Back with C6 RS6
And again C7 RS6

wilkesy73
Neutral

Post by wilkesy73 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm

hi, thanks for a quick response, yes the car is from swifts, i'm very happy with it as it's awsome, just concerned i bought a booboo, again many thanks for a quick response.

flashyg
5th Gear

Post by flashyg » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:44 pm

I dont think you have done wrong with this as an import classed car.
I know of another rs4 , just sold and a similar import. It went for exceptionaly high money37k with 28k on the clock.

If you are keeping the car it may well be one of the newest in terms of milage in the country.

It seem a shame to drive its so new.

I belive the cars are basically the same as uk cars anyway and its waranteed and dealer supplied.

simple1
Cruising

Post by simple1 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:21 am

I would be a bit erked if I bought a car then found out it was an import... but I really dont think it makes much odds at this point, if it were a year old it would be more of an issue as they were slightly cheeper new. probably worth a call to Swifts to mark their cards so to speak...

kennyboy
2nd Gear

Post by kennyboy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:06 am

As the car will have no warranty from Audi, then its doesn't really matter.

You brought on the condition, (no of owners?) and mileage. If you've asked whether its was a personal import and they said no, then I would take it further if being an import bothered you at this stage.

Having imported cars myself and later finding out its a bit more harder to get rid off, I personally would not have an import again on a newish (age)car.

But as your car is 2001 & low mileage I would not worry too much and enjoy driving it.

If you have to sell, someone in the future will always buy, just be prepared to lose a few £k. :shock:
No sig, no RS4 anymore

FrankC
3rd Gear

Post by FrankC » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:40 pm

Imported 3 cars now and sold them on no problem at all,the lads that bought my cars didnt seem to make a big deal out of the fact they were imports.
Its only the f@cking stealers that kick up a song and dance,its just another way to knock down what they would give you on your car p/x.

If its your dream car mate just go and enjoy it.....your a long time dead.
Cheers fc

simple1
Cruising

Post by simple1 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:14 pm

Actually makes me laugh.... the dealers give you a hard time if you import a car, at service and warrenty, because you cut them out of the buying loop, then they are quite happy to trade and retail imports as if it were no big thing.... when you think about it, it is ridiculous really.

DavidU
Neutral

Post by DavidU » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:39 pm

Hello this is David from Swifts.
Regarding the red RS4, the chap who bought it was told it was an imported car at the time of purchase. We sold this vehicle to a Nissan Dealer a chap called Martin, who then passed it on to his friend who now owns the vehicle. We told both parties that the car was an import.
We took a phone call from the Nissan Dealer and told him it was an import, then the chap who is the friend of Martin came and viewed the car at our premises was told it was an import from Germany as a UK spec. car.
With regards
David Underwood.
Now you have the full truthful picture!
ps. If John wants to bring it back he is welcome to do so.

wazza
Top Gear

Post by wazza » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:53 pm

David - thanks for the comments. It is always nice to see the other side's stance in these matters.
And welcome to RS246 :thumbs:
Paul

simple1
Cruising

Post by simple1 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:42 pm

How refreshing :thumbs:

FrankC
3rd Gear

Post by FrankC » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:27 am

I for one take my hat off to you David :bigwave:
Cheers fc

lengster1
Cruising

Post by lengster1 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:31 am

Well done david i wish more dealers would hop on board

wayne
Neutral

Post by wayne » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:37 pm

Hi David and to all other owners and 246 user's.

Been working away until yesterday, collected my new car Tuesday night,had to leave it in garage untill this morning. I'm very happy with the car, and pleased with my purchase process.l asked martin to source the cleanest rs4 currently for sale, I'd previously seen your add in autotrader and was very pleased martin came up with your car. I phoned you made an appointment for that afternoon, first and lasting impression of said vehicle is without doubt superb. Short drive around sheffield only confirmed my desire to purchase your friend's rs4. Many thankyou's later said our goodbye's and even commented on a very nicely run business you have there, phoned martin confirmed I had viewed the same vehicle he had sourced, until this point martin had no knowledge I had even viewed the vehicle. Confirmed vehicle was has described david and Swifts where very geninue and believe todate they are, i never asked david if the car was imported and he never volunteered the information. My reasons for the original post was not to vindicate David Underwood or Swifts merely asking fellow members their opinions on personal imported RS4. Posts there after and upto Davids confirmation, i would have still purchased the vehicle. I was looking forward to building relationship with Swifts re: servicing and desirable tuning. But he never once mentioned to me that this vehicle was an imported RS4. His exact words where this is the cleanest straightest RS4 on the market you wont find better!!!!!!!! Happy motoring i certainly am.

Return to “RS4 (B5 Typ 8D) 1999-2001”