Delivery of RS5 Imminent

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 444 bhp
seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Delivery of RS5 Imminent

Post by seventeenAPG » Wed May 11, 2011 9:15 am

Just got word that it will be delivered to the dealer in Belfast this weekend. Will head down Saturday for a peek!!
RS5 in Ibis White with black roof:Alcantara on Supersports Seats:Silver Headlining:Black Styling Pack:Comfort Pack:Carbon Fibre Inlays:20" Titanium Alloys:Sports Exhaust:Audi Music Interface:Homelink garage door opening:Convenience Package:Privacy Glass.
Previous:: B7 RS4 in Sprint Blue.
Also :: June 1992 Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 (from new) in Ebony Black. Showroom condition with 70K on clock!!

chunky79
Cruising

Re: Delivery of RS5 Imminent

Post by chunky79 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:10 am

Look forward to the pic's. I love the rs5
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Wed May 11, 2011 11:21 am

Will upload as soon as I get a few decent ones!! Thanks..
RS5 in Ibis White with black roof:Alcantara on Supersports Seats:Silver Headlining:Black Styling Pack:Comfort Pack:Carbon Fibre Inlays:20" Titanium Alloys:Sports Exhaust:Audi Music Interface:Homelink garage door opening:Convenience Package:Privacy Glass.
Also :: June 1992 Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 (from new) in Ebony Black. Showroom condition with 70K on clock!!

Steve_C
Top Gear

Post by Steve_C » Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Congratulations - hope you like it. :kissmyrings:
Gone to the dark side

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:51 am

Well, took delivery this weekend past . Nice car. Will take a few pics at the weekend and upload.
One disappointment though, on reading here I thought that I could decide upon individual settings for the exhaust, steering and suspension but I have learned that this can only be done if the MMI (read satnav) had been ordered. I have only the choice of comfort, auto or dynamic and I can say that dynamic simply cannot be used and in any case there seems to be only 4 gear changes (not 7) in dynamic. Can someone confirm this for me?? :(

RSphantom
3rd Gear

Post by RSphantom » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:58 pm

seventeenAPG wrote:Well, took delivery this weekend past . Nice car. Will take a few pics at the weekend and upload.
One disappointment though, on reading here I thought that I could decide upon individual settings for the exhaust, steering and suspension but I have learned that this can only be done if the MMI (read satnav) had been ordered. I have only the choice of comfort, auto or dynamic and I can say that dynamic simply cannot be used and in any case there seems to be only 4 gear changes (not 7) in dynamic. Can someone confirm this for me?? :(

Hi there, look forward to seeing some pics soon. In dynamic mode it runs a sports gearbox which has 6 gears if run in automatic mode. If you switch the gearbox over to manual mode in dynamic and run it on the paddles it then converts to seven gears again. You probably haven't seen more than 4 gears in automatic dynamic mode due to the fact you would have to going at quite a speed to see fifth (well over 100mph). I agreed its not the most comfortable ride in dynamic (to say the least!!!). I'm lucky to be able to choose auto mode so I can switch the suspension and steering to comfort or auto but keep the gearbox/exhaust in dynamic. If you do run it in dynamic mode I would always change to manual gearbox as you can get the noise from the exhaust without having to run everywhere at 4,500 to 5,000 rpm. Give it a try and see what you think? Cheers
2018 RS5 Nardo Grey with the good toys - Gone
2019 Mercedes E63s AMG - Broke down 3 times - got rid
2019 RS3 4 door - Gone
2020 RS6 Launch Edition - The right spec unlike factory orders - gone
2021 RSQ3 Sportback - Nardo Grey - gone
2022 RS Etron GT Carbon Vorsprung - Daytona Grey - gone
2023 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey - Current

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 am

Yip, you are right; the only way to run in dynamic is in manual mode. But the ride is just too hard, it is more for a track day. I am seriously pissed that Audi cannot see fit to give anyone who buys a 65K car the option to individually choose these settings. I now have no choice but to use auto all the time. :FIREdevil:

Pete.S
3rd Gear

Post by Pete.S » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:26 pm

So you must have ADS (as you've said you have the choice of Comfort, Auto & Dynamic) - is there not also the "Individual" button/option on the ADS, as there is on the S4?

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm

No, my ADS button is on the console behind the gear knob and beside the seats. There is only comfort, auto and dynamic. I have cheked the oprions too in the car settings on the display and there isnothing there in th emenu either; but maybe I am missing something......anyone??

Also noticed on pictures here that most people have a start button on the centre console along with the MMI buttons, my MMI buttons (don't have sat nav) are on the dash below the radio and I do not have an engine start button. I start the car by pressing in the key. Very dismayed.

almoRS
3rd Gear

Post by almoRS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 pm

The start button needs the "Keyless entry" option specifed. I've been speccing one up after a test drive and would definately want this.
RS3 Saloon, Merlin Purple, incoming.....
S3 Sportback Black Edition, Panther Black, BBS CHs
Previous:
RS6 C7 Riviera Blue, Carbon Pack, Sports exhaust, BC Forged HS04
C63 AMG Coupe, Fire Opal Red, Performance Pack, HRE P44SC's
RS4 B7 Saloon, Avus Silver, HRE P40s, Tubi exhaust
Volvo S60 R Black Saphire, Evolve Suspension + aerodynamics, BMC
Volvo S40 T4 Standard

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Thx, I guess when you have had an RS4 before you expect things like the start button to be just there and not specced with keyless entry only. Hmmm, we should be told these kind of things when we are in the Audi showroom!!

AdamM
3rd Gear

Post by AdamM » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Congratulations on your new purchase, really warmed to the RS5 recently, look forward to seeing some pictures.
RS 6 C5 - one day

Flickr Photo page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44883793@N05/

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:51 am

Many thanks, hope to post a few pics this incoming weekend...

seventeenAPG
1st Gear

Post by seventeenAPG » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:03 am

A few pics this weekend , finally!!

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:17 pm

About bloody time . :lol: what's took you sooooooo long?
Dunc
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Return to “RS5 (8T) 2010–2015”