My Rs4 Project

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Rick_RS4
Cruising

Re: My Rs4 Project

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:37 pm

ill strip it down tomorrow after work and will post findings, ive read that the owners of the B6 (which this is basically) swap out to the b7 dash as it looks newer, so id say this should go in, the more i look into it the more i find the cab is like a parts bin of the b6 .

yeah think ill leave the outer speakers and maybe upgrade the centre one

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:06 pm

The cabrio dash is the "standard" dash on the Seat Exeo in both Avant and saloon forms - which is basically a B7 dressed up as a Seat (Audi moved all the tooling to the Seat factory when B7 production stopped).

So if any special parts are needed I reckon they might be obtainable from a Seat dealer?
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:20 pm

PetrolDave wrote:The cabrio dash is the "standard" dash on the Seat Exeo in both Avant and saloon forms - which is basically a B7 dressed up as a Seat (Audi moved all the tooling to the Seat factory when B7 production stopped).

So if any special parts are needed I reckon they might be obtainable from a Seat dealer?

ah great thanks for the info Dave

ive taken the dash out tonight, it was quite full on, centre console out and lower dash parts off, clocks and wheel.

the vents look like they might line up now ive removed a spacer part but it doesnt go far enough back to the windscreen yet or wgere the a pillars are it doesnt touch, this is just rested in place at the min so will take time to make it fut correctly

i need to either modify the lower centre console or buy the cab one and the same for the rnse cage

heres a taster pic of the carnage

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

What you going to do when you've finished with this mod?
Guess you might as well cut the roof off :biggrin2:

J130YCE
3rd Gear

Post by J130YCE » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Looking forward to seeing it all done :thumbs:

Cutting the roof off (riv) couldn't help thinking of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwpp-THRH-4 Wonder if anyone has actually done this?
BMW M2 Comp
RS4 Supercharged
Current Abarth 500c Two tone Grey and Mint - a modified go-cart.
Current T5 180 bi-turbo - modified, Reimo pop top, ABT kit, Caravelle 7 seats, going on 'air' this summer
Gone RS4 B7 Avant MRC, MK5 R32, 205 GTI, Mk1 golfs... plus some other poor souls

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Looking forward to seeing it all done

Cutting the roof off (riv) couldn't help thinking of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwpp-THRH-4 Wonder if anyone has actually done this?
Yeh!!you could make the soft top out of panty liners :biggrin3:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 pm

J130YCE wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwpp-THRH-4 Wonder if anyone has actually done this?
Silly biatch's - do they not know the roof adds torsional rigidity?

Women.
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:31 pm

for now the roof stays thanks lads

ive bolted the top dash down today and have fully working air vents :D

it lines up with the original bolt holes but seems to come further out than the original or is just shorter round the screen and sides im not sure yet,

now i could cut the mounts a little and move it back and that would sort the gap at the screen and part of the side but will loose the original mounting points,

looking at the pics of the exeo like Dave said looks like i need the tops of the door cards to make it fit correctly

ive lined up the lower centre console and they fit together rather well, i had to cut the top off the radio cage where the hazard switch and cup holder etc are, as the new dash has this part fixed inside it already..

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:03 am

small dash update,

its back as original now, it does fit but will need work on the a pillars and top dash where the screen meets the dash, all the vents line up etc and imo looks far better inside than standard.

i will still be changing it but i need to gather some more parts before i tackle it again,

while the dash was out i thought id have a look at my video aux in for the reverse cam, I installed the cam and fed the cable ready to connect, but like before i couldnt get it to switch when i select reverse, coded and re coded and nothing, until i realised the rnse pin i thought was reverse out was actually reverse in,

and boom reverse cam

whilst the nav was out i added a stereo aux in, using some repair wires left over from the bluetooth install, wow should have done this ages ago, i ran the cable along and under the arm rest.

i also ordered a bluetooth module that im going to wire in to the ignition live and plug it into the aux in ,giving me bluetooth streaming,

the sound clarity is brillant and makes me love the rnse a little bit more now, if the postcode was full digit id love it, but its going to go eventually

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:53 am

Well done for getting there eventually rick. Let's see the camera? Did you lose the boot lock or go for one like mine?

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:15 am

MikeFish wrote:Well done for getting there eventually rick. Let's see the camera? Did you lose the boot lock or go for one like mine?
thanks Mike, yeah in the end, wish the sash was the same shape tho, but it will go
will take a pic tomorrow, its a camera and numberplate light

daani8112
Neutral

Post by daani8112 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:44 am

Just finished reading the thread from start to end now and credit to you.. your car looks and sounds amazing.

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:21 am

Awsome car !!

leericho
2nd Gear

Post by leericho » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:thanks guys,

since fitting the revolution filter the standard carbon looked too yellow so ive been sanding the top carbon cover the past couple of days, its been a lot of work and quite scary to do as i didnt want to sand through the weave but i managed to remove most of the yellowing in the clear coat. then painted the bages as im not a fan of chrome,

the bages are not stuck down yet btw

not been out to a decent location yet for proper pics so this will have to do

What grade paper did you use to sand these parts down mate?

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:15 pm

all sorts of grades started with some 80, to get throug it enough,

it can be scary but just go with it once the laquer is on its all good again,

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”