My Rs4 Project

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
seaney76
1st Gear

Re: My Rs4 Project

Post by seaney76 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:08 am

Rick!
where did you get the bluetooth streaming module kit from, as my daughter is complaining she wants her tunes streamed in the car or else she's defecting to the wife's A1 black edition for gymnastics!!!
:jump:

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 pm

i used one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Blu ... 3f3c7364c0

it has an internal battery but i took it appart and removed it and hard wired it into the aux in on the rnse, it could be just plugged in however.

i just didnt want to see it, so it powers up when the ignition is turned on, phone connects to the handsfree bluetooth then to the audio bluetooth,

only downside is you haveto use your phone to control the tracks etc as im a samsunger not an i sheeper

seaney76
1st Gear

Post by seaney76 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:04 pm

thank you,:boots:

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:32 am

whilst waiting for the inlet spacers to arrive i wipped off my inlet, ive got it down to about an hour now to remove.

i have been reading up on the inlet trumpets and looking at the standard rs one its very rough

i found that the edges oof the velocity stack should be roundled off and not square

here is my stage 2 mani, alot of oil coming from the rear oil seperator

even with alot of sanding in the past times i removed the mani its still rough and has the square edges on the trumpets

started sanding the edges

also made a tool to widen the inlets

which was very slow so i made this

here is lower side nearly complete and top as before

still a long way to go but its getting there

whilst the inlet was off i decided to tidy up the ali heads

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:08 am

well a bit more of an interesting read hopefully,

ive decided to wrap the front grill satin black to make it stand out, but as my side strips were gloss i thought id do those too.

under the old wrap the fake ali trim was mint no watermarks or discolouring

start the rear hard bit

cut fold and voilla

the spacers i had made i didnt get them to cut the outside only the insides due to time and fitmentquestions

trial fitted with longer bolts

inside lines up perfectly

marked and cut to shape

fitted

inlet spacers are along the same lines

i didnt want the securing holes cut in the spacers because in the gaskets they are oval and thought this would make lining it all up when underneath very tricky, so ill get on that tomorrow

ImageImage

new gaskets and spacers all round

oh and ive now finished my wheel, full real carbon :biggrin3: love it

thanks for looking

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am

It looks like you've done a great job with that wrap; the ends look suberb, much better than my effort. I did it all in 3 pieces per side, so the bottom of each door then 1 piece around the rear quarter light all the way to the bonnet. Maybe I should have done it 2 and joined at the natural seam. Think I might get them sprayed with the inlays to finish it off as both wraps are not perfect (even though the inlays were done by an award winnnig wrapper).

Your wheel looks amazing but a little too much carbon for me.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:21 pm

thanks Mike,

debating removing the middle carbon part around the rings.

i was going to do the wrap in one but there is a join in the trim anyway.

need to get all ready fo aitp as i missed last year

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 pm

I know, I was gutted I couldn't make it last year due to the unusual timing of family holiday. I was a little bit less gutted when I found out it was a wash out!

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Amazing job Rick your car is right up there! cant wait to see it in person, i also missed AITP bet will make the next one so hopfully get to meet some of you guys!
Great progress on the spacers too, cant wait to get started on mine now :thumb:
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

CharlieD
2nd Gear

Post by CharlieD » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:12 am

Hats off to you Rick, looking amazing :)
RS4 B7 Phantom Black Saloon
[ MRC Stage 2 Map w/ LC/FS @ 440 PS ] : [ TubiStyle Exhaust ] : [ Milltek Decat Downpipes ] : [ Deflapped Manifold ] : [ Cold Air Feed ] : [ Revo/Pipercross CF Induction ] : [ H&R ARBs Front+Rear ]
[
Forged Rotor RS5.0 OEM+ 20x10.5 ] : [ AccuAir Airlift Performance + e-Level Mgmt ] : [ Wrapped in 3M Black Rose ]

Build Thread

FA57GTA
1st Gear

Post by FA57GTA » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:23 am

That steering wheel looks sick!! I was wondering, where did you get the carbon bits on the steering wheel from? Cheers Tom.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Wow!!

Impressive DIY skills!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 am

Nice work on the manifold, be interesting to see how that compares with standard

What was the outcome of the cabby dash, is it a no go?

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 am

thanks guys

the wheel is a combination of companys, the lower part and buttons were from argon, however these were not finished and they only sent the rough shape, so i took time and finished it, ill dig out a spare carbon lower and show you,

the mani has had quite a long time spent on it, i think the port profile should change flow for the better, with my mods still have cats and no map ran a 425 so decat and map should boost it a little hopefully.

the dash is still a go but ineed a trim piece from another car but people wont sell it unless its with the whole dash, i keep looking and will do it but i want to collect all the parts before hand, will need some carbon making too for the trim etc,

i think it makes the interior eel newer, odd i know just being round vents that are different but it does

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”