Bluetooth connection on RS4?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
simonhill
1st Gear

Bluetooth connection on RS4?

Post by simonhill » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:07 am

Only had the car for a few days now so still finding my feet. My car has the phone holder thing mounted on the facia. 2 Questions-
1. Can I easily remove this without leaving holes in the facia?
2. How do I link my mobile via bluetooth?

I have tried searching for audio enhancements from my mobile, but it doesn't pick anything up. I read the handbook and followed the instructions but to no avail. My phone can connect to bluetooth connections in my other cars so it's not the phone that's the problem. Any ideas?

Awesome car by the way - it is hilarious that an estate can go that fast, it just goes against the laws of physics, brilliant!

aidanjaye
5th Gear

Post by aidanjaye » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:16 am

I thought BT was standard but reckon it might not be. Mine has it, set your phone to BT, switch on iginition, ask phone to search for BT and the Audi BT symbol comes up. Asks for a connection code (1234) and thats it. After that, when ever I get in the car (with phone in pocket), the BT automatically connects.
Hope this helps.
PS My car has cradle on fascia too (ugly as sin)

simonhill
1st Gear

Post by simonhill » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:02 am

Yeah - I've tried that, but it isn't picking anything up. I'll probably have it checked with the dealer.

poon
1st Gear

Post by poon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 am

aidanjaye wrote:I thought BT was standard but reckon it might not be. Mine has it, set your phone to BT, switch on iginition, ask phone to search for BT and the Audi BT symbol comes up. Asks for a connection code (1234) and thats it. After that, when ever I get in the car (with phone in pocket), the BT automatically connects.
Hope this helps.
PS My car has cradle on fascia too (ugly as sin)
+ 1, I have an iPhone and got an Audi sled for the cradle, iphone now sits perfectly in view

pad125
4th Gear

Post by pad125 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 am

Mine didn't come with Bluetooth I had it fitted by a third party. Didn't work well at first, I was slightly worried that one of east European cousins came to fit it but after a little bit of tinkering it all works good now. Not sure if Bluetooth is also fitted with the cradle, maybe someone here can answer this on here

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:41 am

aidanjaye wrote:I thought BT was standard
BT isn't standard - but it did come with the phone options. If the car has either of the Audi phone options (cradle on the dash or in the centre armrest) then you have BT, otherwise you don't - unless either the Audi phone kit or a third party BT kit has been retrofitted.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Re: Bluetooth connection on RS4?

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 am

simonhill wrote:Only had the car for a few days now so still finding my feet. My car has the phone holder thing mounted on the facia. 2 Questions-
1. Can I easily remove this without leaving holes in the facia?
2. How do I link my mobile via bluetooth?
1. Several people have had the cradle removed - but you do need a new centre console unless you want to see the holes.

2. Turn the ignition on, make your phone discoverable and wait you should see a message on the phone that Audi UHVnnnn has been found, accept that and enter the 4-digit passcode, then do whatever you need to on your phone to make it automatically connect next time. The initial pairing is only active for a short period after turning on the ignition.

simonhill
1st Gear

RE: Re: Bluetooth connection on RS4?

Post by simonhill » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Sorted - you only have 20 seconds from turning on the ignition to search for the Audi connection otherwise you've missed it.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”