Newbie! Anyone know DK06 YFB sprint blue saloon?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Davidol
Neutral

Newbie! Anyone know DK06 YFB sprint blue saloon?

Post by Davidol » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi all :bigwave:

Long time lurker first time poster! Decided I'm getting a bit old for the chav but loads of fun evo 5 and have wanted an RS4 for a while now so I'm finally taking the plunge!

Placed a holding deposit on this with a view to collecting it this weekend

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282326630751

CAT D and is missing a bit of history but is within my budget and looks good mileage owners and tax wise. Most RS4s around this price point seem to have an interesting history shall we say but the way I see it I can still afford to do bits as and when required rather than spending even more be still potentially having to do unexpected bills.

Does anyone know anything about the car? Quick search suggests it was sold in October by a trader on eBay that uses the show plates 'KING' for photos but can't seem to find them or anything about them. Current seller is automania in Birmingham and have only been a registered company for 2 months.

Thanks in advance!

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: Newbie! Anyone know DK06 YFB sprint blue saloon?

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:25 am

Probably not the answer you are going to want to hear, but I'd lob another 2k into the pot and buy one that hasn't been crashed

Better still, buy a forum car with as may jobs done as possible, such as the suspension etc

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=122935
B5 B6 B7 B9

Davidol
Neutral

Post by Davidol » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:37 am

Hi Ian,

Thanksfor your opinion, haha I was waiting for someone to say that :biggrin3:

It'd be nice to chuck some more money in but I'd have nothing left for the enviable jobs that'll creep up regardless of service history or not. That car you've linked too is £3k more too and If I'm honest I'm not a massive fan of the avant - I much prefer the saloon. :beerchug:

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:54 am

There was a saloon with similar mileage with pretty much every service item ticked off for 16k on here recently. Yes, I agree you will always have 'the next job' to do with a car like this, but I wouldn't want to spend money sorting a 13k Cat D, you may as well buy the best straight car you can for 15/16k? You'll get more of your money back when you come to sell too
B5 B6 B7 B9

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:06 am

Doubt it's straight with the drivers door rubbing on the B-pilar like that. Hasn't even got an RS4 gear knob.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

chriswhite1992
2nd Gear

Post by chriswhite1992 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:05 am

I'd never touch a cat d car tbh. You will find it very hard to sell on and for an extra £2000 you can get one that you know has been looked after. If your set on a cat d because its cheaper make sure you have plenty on photos of the crash damage

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:12 am

As others have said , for little more you could buy a straight one with higher mileage and jobs ticked off
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black , Billy B14 and ss+ arbs, LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Custom Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, alcantara wheel, gaiter and handbrake retrim, R8 gearknob, red belts (anyone want to swap belts for black ;-/ ) 438PS

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:01 am

I don't think you'll find any other opinion of Cat D cars on here to be honest. Either buy a straight one or prepare to live with the consequences.

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)
2.8 VW Bora V6 4motion (Blue)
4.2 Audi RS4 B7 Avant (Black)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 am

What Simon said....
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Davidol
Neutral

Post by Davidol » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Wow a lot of negativity here for cat D status. I do agree with the comments you've all made to some extent however non cat status doesn't guarantee a non bumped straight car as a quick browse of co part and the like websites showing RS4s with not declared status.

The biggest niggle in my mind I guess is the car was purchased in October last year and has all of a sudden made its way back to a dealer again, admittedly you've got some protection in the sense the car needs to be roadworthy and fit for purpose. Ideally I need to speak to the previous owner but I can't imagine the garage being particularly forthcoming with that info.

TommyC
1st Gear

Post by TommyC » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Alarm bells would be ringing for me mate. Looking at the rest of their stock, maybe not the best place to buy an RS from.

Worth an inspection/health check if possible before committing. Or failing that taking along someone who knows the RS4.

I feel your pain.

I've just gone through the buying process myself. I ended up waiting another year till I had enough to get a 'better' example which still had a few issues which I had to fork out for.

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Buy these cars with your head, not with your heart... To me it sounds like you have emotionally invested in wanting an RS4 (I can understand that...) when maybe you aren't prepared for the costs of ownership?

I have to say, that with 5 owners I'd want a better history. Mine has 5 owners and that maybe isn't unusual but I did a good history check.

I think you'll end up with a car with issues but maybe you live with that?

Personally I would steer clear unless the CAT D reason is open and fully photographically documented...

Get it inspected at the very least
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

matt-jones
Neutral

Post by matt-jones » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:44 pm

It sounds like you've asked for advice and despite the consistency you're ignoring it and carrying on regardless. Personally I think you're mad buying it and LadyP is bang on, wait, save and buy a straight car with your head. I looked at 7 before I ended up with the right one.

Don't do it.

Davidol
Neutral

Post by Davidol » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Knocked the car on the head for the time being gents, emailed the seller yesterday asking for previous keepers details so i could ask why they sold etc. Obviously didn't want to give them to me followed with I'm here to make money, it's a bottom dollar Rs4 what do you expect speech. Which is fair enough. Niggled me all day though so he kindly returned my holding deposit when asked so back to square one.

Still really interested in the history of the car though, would love to know its story!

mikep99
4th Gear

Post by mikep99 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 am

I've got a cat d. Only for the seats being robbed though.
I wouldn't touch anything that's been in a smash...
PM if needed.,

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”