Rs4 coolant tank cover

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Re: Rs4 coolant tank cover

Post by Audi Pardner » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 pm

MikeFish wrote:No the cap is from an R8. Can't remember how much it was; either the oil or coolant cap is quite cheap (circa 20 or 30 pounds) but the other one is about £80.

The coolant cap will fit as standard but the picture will be at 90 degrees. Simple mod to fix.
Just checked. The coolant cap is the pricier one.
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Audi Pardner wrote:
MikeFish wrote:No the cap is from an R8. Can't remember how much it was; either the oil or coolant cap is quite cheap (circa 20 or 30 pounds) but the other one is about £80.

The coolant cap will fit as standard but the picture will be at 90 degrees. Simple mod to fix.
Thanks. I thought it might be as the coolant cap has slightly more to it with the pressure relief bit as you open it whereas the oil cap is just a plain cap with a shiny bit of plastic.

Porsche ones also fit.

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Post by Seattle-squash » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Mike, is the washer fluid one a billet aluminum cap? Either way, where did you get that one and the power steering cap? I got the Porsche/R8 combo oil/coolant/fluid but need the power steering one. Thanks

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:23 pm

chriswhite1992 wrote:Going to a meet with mainly jap cars and vxr's etc people are gonna ask
There's your problem Image

Joking aside, a new OEM tank freshens up the bay no end. And it remains functional (you can see the coolant level).

Before and after:

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Seattle-squash wrote:Mike, is the washer fluid one a billet aluminum cap? Either way, where did you get that one and the power steering cap? I got the Porsche/R8 combo oil/coolant/fluid but need the power steering one. Thanks
The washer fluid is made by Forge and is metal, not sure it is aluminium though, I'd have to check their website. Doesn't fit perfectly, it is quite hard to get in and off.

The power steering one was from an R8 but it doesn't fit the B7 so I took the R8 cap and removed the innards / level guide and glued it to a B7 cap lid that had been modified to accommodate the R8 cap on top. See my build thread for photos and details of how I did this.

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Post by Seattle-squash » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 am

MikeFish wrote:
Seattle-squash wrote:Mike, is the washer fluid one a billet aluminum cap? Either way, where did you get that one and the power steering cap? I got the Porsche/R8 combo oil/coolant/fluid but need the power steering one. Thanks
The washer fluid is made by Forge and is metal, not sure it is aluminium though, I'd have to check their website. Doesn't fit perfectly, it is quite hard to get in and off.

The power steering one was from an R8 but it doesn't fit the B7 so I took the R8 cap and removed the innards / level guide and glued it to a B7 cap lid that had been modified to accommodate the R8 cap on top. See my build thread for photos and details of how I did this.
Thanks for the reply, I will do some more research. Cheers!

Paddski
3rd Gear

Post by Paddski » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:25 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Audi Pardner wrote:

Thanks. I thought it might be as the coolant cap has slightly more to it with the pressure relief bit as you open it whereas the oil cap is just a plain cap with a shiny bit of plastic.

Porsche ones also fit.
What year R8 Mike for the oil cap?
RS6 Performace C7
Honda NSX 2017
Ford Licensed Shelby 1966 350GTH Replica......in build.....
Porsche Cayman GT4 Agate Grey...Wrapped Matte Blue, sold
RS4 B7, 2007, 20" HRE P40's + MRC mods
Bentley Continental GT Titan 600hp, sold
L200 Barbarian, sold

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Hmm. Don't know. I assumed they were all the same. I can try and dig out the box when I finish putting my car back together in a moment.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”