Thinking of buying...what do you think?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
eliano
2nd Gear

Re: Thinking of buying...what do you think?

Post by eliano » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:40 am

Looks the business but alarm bells are ringing at that price and the mileage and category issues. what else may have been lost in paperwork ?
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black , Billy B14 and ss+ arbs, LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Custom Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, alcantara wheel, gaiter and handbrake retrim, R8 gearknob, red belts (anyone want to swap belts for black ;-/ ) 438PS

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:46 am

Certain large crash repair centres have relationships with insurance companies that allow them to buy cars from them prior to the car being officially labelled. This is what I've been told from someone I race with who has such a repair centre in the North. It sounds unethical but in the instance of this car it really shouldn't have been a Cat-D. That said I'm looking for such car and the story with this one now puts me off, I'd hate to of bought this car and then found this thread. The car itself looks good obviously but lots of owners for such a car and a story that doesn't reflect well on its history. By the way how did the gain entry?

I can't see the mileage discrepancy though?
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

RS04YOB
4th Gear

Post by RS04YOB » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

The car went in the end just called them was going to quiz them about the odd mileage difference, lets hope the new owner comes on here

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”