Service time,which plugs,air filter etc indie?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
lengster1
Cruising

Service time,which plugs,air filter etc indie?

Post by lengster1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Ok guys firstly happy new year

My car is due 60k service,I'm having a look over it myself beforehand,plugs were done @ 36k is it worth doing again? There gapping @0.8mm which brand is deemed good? Mrc fitted oe Vw last time.

Air filter is Mrc which I've cleaned for second time but may well just buy another itg (same)

Up until now all major services are audi but I'm not sure I will recoupe there premium rate come resale so very tempted to use an excellent indie (autotechnica) near me,thoughts?

Thanks guys any info appreciated

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Re: Service time,which plugs,air filter etc indie?

Post by Rs4. » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Hny
I am not sure on. Cost difference Audi vs indie services !
Pains me to say , Audi for service only !!!
Not a chance for anything else ..
Most looking for rs4 would like to see full Audi service history
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc stage2 manifold: Bmc filter :Black optics exhaust :kW springs :trups led lighting :10mm rear h&R spacers :front 8mm H&R spacers :Carbon front splitter,& oil cooler :Carbon seat backs :hel braided hoses :
Security viper alarm /tracker

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:33 pm

I think the service book states spark plugs to be changed every 6 years so you are probably ok there depending on how long ago they were last changed.

chriswhite1992
2nd Gear

Post by chriswhite1992 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:46 pm

All i know is audi milton keynes charge £345 for an oil and filter change and £645 for oil,filter,air filter, sparkplugs. Thats when i laughed in the guys face went to a local motor factors to get the parts, went home done the oil and filter change on my drive in half an hour. Only problem is you dont get a stamp but i saved £300

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Just for an oil and filter at £345 ain't bad if they are supplying the oil tbh . My local dealer wanted to leg me up royally @ £255 to drop the oil with me supplying the oil or they wanted another £15 per l on top . I ended up using another Audi dealer week before chrimbo and the brake fluid change was on a special offer too
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

chriswhite1992
2nd Gear

Post by chriswhite1992 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Really?! For a half an hour job and £50-£80 in parts depending on what oil you get and audi are charging £345. I think it's extortionate

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I had a similar argument , I'd had em do it before and charge 1/2 or 3/4 hours Labour and even got bills from various dealers for the same and they came back with it being a 1.6 hour job but the would price match . I told em the price of the other dealer and they still would not budge ! The other dealer did the job and were spot on tbh , while I was waiting they kept me informed or plied with coffee while my usual dealer was far from that attentive bless em
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:42 pm

I've literally just had mine done at Belfast Audi, and they also quoted 1.6hrs labour. This was for oil/filter and inspection. They gave me 15% discount on their labour rate and the bill was £186 with me supplying the oil/filter/sump plug & washer. Keeps me right with the FASH.

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:03 pm

I paid 199 supplying the oil and air filter ( due at 40k ) and they changed the brake fluid too so I got it for £140 backtracking it and they did a healthcheck which was fine , even the tyre goo was in date lol . Cannot fault em at Doncaster Audi , I deffo noticed a difference for having new fluids too in the brakes
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Just had mine done at audi swansea for £300, not bad when the best price my mates garage could do was £220, dont be afraid to negotiate with them and ring around all the closest dealers, most people on here couldnt give a toss about audi stamps but joe public will.
if you have FASH id maintain it as otherwise when you come to sell the car the possible customer base may be smaller, thats my take on it anyway :audibash:
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black , Billy B14 and ss+ arbs, LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Custom Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, alcantara wheel, gaiter and handbrake retrim, R8 gearknob, red belts (anyone want to swap belts for black ;-/ ) 438PS

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:34 pm

chriswhite1992 wrote:Really?! For a half an hour job and £50-£80 in parts depending on what oil you get and audi are charging £345. I think it's extortionate
Totally agree with you . people must be mad or have to much money , its a job you can easy to at home and save yourself the money :audibash: these cars are 10-11 years old now so FASH wont make much difference . My opinion .

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:23 am

Nothing wrong with changing the oil yourself inbeteeen schedules, but if you had had the car for say 6 years and i looked in the service book, i would assume it hadnt been serviced or cared for since 2010/11, no matter how many times youd assured me it had been done, no proof.
My mrs mate is trying to sell her 5 year old hyundai go kart now and struggling, its never been serviced, EVER, her story that her boyfriend is a mechanic is not believed by anyone lol.if your keeping the rs for life then i get it, but the fact the cars are 10 years old makes the servicing more important i feel, 10 years old or not they still sell for £10k-35k , you cannot penny pinch with an rs

Harris. wrote:
chriswhite1992 wrote:Really?! For a half an hour job and £50-£80 in parts depending on what oil you get and audi are charging £345. I think it's extortionate
Totally agree with you . people must be mad or have to much money , its a job you can easy to at home and save yourself the money :audibash: these cars are 10-11 years old now so FASH wont make much difference . My opinion .
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black , Billy B14 and ss+ arbs, LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Custom Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, alcantara wheel, gaiter and handbrake retrim, R8 gearknob, red belts (anyone want to swap belts for black ;-/ ) 438PS

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:20 am

Audi stamps do mean a lot when it comes to sell as does bills etc no matter how you try to say it doesn't , they do a deal for older cars as they call it for stuff over ten years which gets a better rate
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:11 pm

eliano wrote:Nothing wrong with changing the oil yourself inbeteeen schedules, but if you had had the car for say 6 years and i looked in the service book, i would assume it hadnt been serviced or cared for since 2010/11, no matter how many times youd assured me it had been done, no proof.
My mrs mate is trying to sell her 5 year old hyundai go kart now and struggling, its never been serviced, EVER, her story that her boyfriend is a mechanic is not believed by anyone lol.if your keeping the rs for life then i get it, but the fact the cars are 10 years old makes the servicing more important i feel, 10 years old or not they still sell for £10k-35k , you cannot penny pinch with an rs

Harris. wrote:
Keep your receipts and log it yourself if you have done things to the car .

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:38 pm

John Johnson wrote:Audi stamps do mean a lot when it comes to sell as does bills etc no matter how you try to say it doesn't , they do a deal for older cars as they call it for stuff over ten years which gets a better rate
What is this rate do you know ? As when I took mine into Southend Audi there rate was £145 per hour (Shocking)

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”