Clutch issue

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
markshepps
1st Gear

Re: Clutch issue

Post by markshepps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 am

boombastik wrote:
Seattle-squash wrote:Nicely done! :) did the USP line work for the right hand drive?
Unfortunately not it was about 8" too short. So getting sent back today.
I'm looking at sending mine back to USP Motorsports, just curious to know if you explored any process to recoup the import duty?

boombastik
3rd Gear

Post by boombastik » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 am

markshepps wrote:
boombastik wrote:
Seattle-squash wrote:Nicely done! :) did the USP line work for the right hand drive?
Unfortunately not it was about 8" too short. So getting sent back today.
I'm looking at sending mine back to USP Motorsports, just curious to know if you explored any process to recoup the import duty?
well I called fedex and told them I was sending the item back as I had it priority shipping across so was here in 2 days.... but I still had to pay the import duty and all fedex told me to do was call HMRC and claim it back from them....to which I haven't done as phoning the HMRC is like dialling a brick wall and waiting for it to answer. however I did ship it back to USP and they had a 15% restocking fee and I had $145 refunded from the $212 I paid

I should have told fedex on the phone that I had already shipped it back and not paid the import tax as the import tax invoice came thru a week later after the delivery
RS4 B7 Saloon Milltek Cat back, CAF with piper cross panel, Wrapped optics black, Satin black wheels, TRUPS LED front DRL's & sides, goodridge braided hoses, H&R 10/15mm spares front/rear
Bilstien B16 coilovers with H&R anti roll bars
MRC stage 2 deflapped, precat gutted 439ps 481nm torque
1/4 mile time 12.884sec

My clutch replacement write up can be found here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=116929&start=15

markshepps
1st Gear

Post by markshepps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

Ok, thanks... Yeah, I've seen the 15% restocking fee... Just looking to get something back, so I think that'll be what I'll do... My indy offered me £40 for the slave cylinder as apparently it's an Audi S2 version, and they do quite a bit of work on various performance Audi's, but even with the restocking fee, shipping etc. I should recoup a bit more than that :)

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Clutch issue

Post by Seattle-squash » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm

markshepps wrote:Ok, thanks... Yeah, I've seen the 15% restocking fee... Just looking to get something back, so I think that'll be what I'll do... My indy offered me £40 for the slave cylinder as apparently it's an Audi S2 version, and they do quite a bit of work on various performance Audi's, but even with the restocking fee, shipping etc. I should recoup a bit more than that :)
I get that you sent the line back if it's too short, but why did you not install the steel slave cylinder over the stock plastic one? Just curious.
Had mine + line (left hand drive) for a while now and works great.

boombastik
3rd Gear

Post by boombastik » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Seattle-squash wrote:
markshepps wrote:Ok, thanks... Yeah, I've seen the 15% restocking fee... Just looking to get something back, so I think that'll be what I'll do... My indy offered me £40 for the slave cylinder as apparently it's an Audi S2 version, and they do quite a bit of work on various performance Audi's, but even with the restocking fee, shipping etc. I should recoup a bit more than that :)
I get that you sent the line back if it's too short, but why did you not install the steel slave cylinder over the stock plastic one? Just curious.
I couldn't get any one local to make a line extension or make a new longer line as the two places I tried never had the fittings and I was putting the car back together the following day so never had time
RS4 B7 Saloon Milltek Cat back, CAF with piper cross panel, Wrapped optics black, Satin black wheels, TRUPS LED front DRL's & sides, goodridge braided hoses, H&R 10/15mm spares front/rear
1/4 mile time 12.884sec

My clutch replacement write up can be found here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=116929&start=15

markshepps
1st Gear

Post by markshepps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Seattle-squash wrote:
Was told that the steel slave was not compatible with stock clutch pipe. My Indy explained that the steel slave (which is an Audi S2 part) could work in conjunction with the line provided in the kit, but as that was too short, a stock pipe was used which made the steel slave redundant. Connectors are apparently different on the stock vs. the steel slave.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Another RockAuto LUK DMF077 flywheel has landed over here, just for future reference, today's customs charge was £103.10 on the below -
flywheel.png
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Just had the same issues as the OP. Had the pipe made to order for $30. Kept the oem slave.

boombastik
3rd Gear

Post by boombastik » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:50 pm

iconic78 wrote:Just had the same issues as the OP. Had the pipe made to order for $30. Kept the oem slave.
are you changing the pipe yourself? im not sure if you can do so with the gearbox still in place ? use a pipe clamp and clamp the pipe beside the brake master cylinder save you losing all the fluid
1/4 mile time 12.884sec

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm

ImageImageImage

Box is now out of the car as there was no way we could anything more in the car.
If this solves it then I've basically completed my build...for now!

Braided Pipe was $30, made here in dubai.

boombastik
3rd Gear

Post by boombastik » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 pm

I see you still have the gear linkage on the box..... 2 nuts and one bolt is all that needs to come off to disconnect it from the box, bit extra work to remove the stick assembly
1/4 mile time 12.884sec

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:47 pm

It's there on purpose as it a JHM quickshifter and we had issues lining it up on the car. So whilst the box was out we did all the adjustments before it goes back in.

Just trying to cover all the bases.

irn_bru_ce
2nd Gear

Post by irn_bru_ce » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

So how much extra pipes does the UPS steel slave with hose avoid then, I notice it has different connectors to the hose above which simply replaces the audi original
Current - 07 Avus Silver B7 RS4 Avant : Ceramics, Non Valved Non Res Milltek, K&N filter, SS+, adaptive xenons, black optics, KW3, 034 rear ARB, rear drop links & front adjustable top arms.
Past - 00 Saxo VTS : 266mm Mi16 calipers, Quaife ATB, 20mm torsions bars, 24mm ARB, Vibratechnics mounts
87 Vauxhall Belmont: 1.6L, 15" rockford fosgate subwoofer in 3 cuft sealed box, 5ch Rockford fosate amp, JBL components

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”