My B6 Supercharged Stage 1+ RS4 build thread...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
iconic78
3rd Gear

My B6 Supercharged Stage 1+ RS4 build thread...

Post by iconic78 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Guys,(and Girls)
I'm James and as you can see i'm new to this forum although have been on AZ for years. Live here in the sandpit aka Dubai(Im a Brit) where the cars are cheap although the parts are not and knowledge is lacking! I'm looking forward to my time on here.

Anyways about this thread, So this is something that I've messed around for a while but now it's finally happening.

The plan was simple; to build something that Audi didn't - A B6 RS4 albeit with slightly more power courtesy of a JHM stage 1+ supercharger kit and a host of other goodies. -There project is a "Go big or go home" project!

I started with a ROW 2006 B7 RS4, a 2004 Japanese imported S4 and just a Regular A4 for the body panels.

These were all running, driving cars before i begun.

The original RS4 had all euro spec seats etc and was a good base to begin with. I actually used it as a my daily driver for 5 months.

I went to JHMotorsport and with the help of Dru/Jake/David over there bought their entire parts catalogue(no joke) including the stage 1.5 intercooled supercharger kit.

Wheels are Rohanna RC7 20" 11's rear & 10's on the front with some P-zero's wrapped around them. ET 28 & ET 33 with 10 mm spacers.

Euro wingbacks retrimmed in german napa leather and Italian alcantara.

Car is being painted in Mercedes Benz cardinal red metallic with extra metallic. (This was before i knew about Audi's own Volcano Red from their Exclusive program). But its very similar so sticking with that.

Ive included all the photos so far of the build and its progress. Ill also post a video i made a few days ago. Feel free to ask any questions.
Attachments
IMG_9195.JPG
IMG_9196.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG
20" Rohanna RC7
IMG_1074.JPG
Retrimmed Wingbacks in German napa and Alcantara
IMG_1095.JPG
IMG_1093.JPG
IMG_5344.JPG
Test fitting the carbon fibre boot before paint
IMG_1167.JPG
Finally in the paint oven!
Last edited by iconic78 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bam_bam
Cruising

Re: My B6 Supercharged Stage 1.5 RS4 build thread...

Post by bam_bam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Confused but subscribed.
No matter where you go, there you are.

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:56 pm

bam_bam wrote:Confused but subscribed.
lol snap

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Not sure I understand the reason for all the work (seems a lot of effort for giving the RS4 slightly older lights etc), but it's different that's for sure. And I love a good project.
And good job with the seats!
Last edited by MikeFish on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:03 pm

now I've seen it all

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Wow, I think you've had too much sun out there.
Nevertheless, this should be interesting :biggrin2:

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 pm

subscribed
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:01 pm

That is an awful lot of work and grief for what I can see as not much return. Mind you not much else to do out there I suppose! Good luck!

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:43 am

MikeFish wrote:Not sure I understand the reason for all the work (seems a lot of effort for giving the RS4 slightly older lights etc), but it's different that's for sure. And I love a good project.
I guess thats why i wanted to do it as no one else would and i prefer the shape of the B6 albeit widebody. I could never do this project back in the UK as the costs would be crazy but labour rates and the price of cars makes it easy. The only pain is the cost of parts.

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:43 am

MikeFish wrote:Not sure I understand the reason for all the work (seems a lot of effort for giving the RS4 slightly older lights etc), but it's different that's for sure. And I love a good project.
I guess thats why i wanted to do it as no one else would and i prefer the shape of the B6 albeit widebody. I could never do this project back in the UK as the costs would be crazy but labour rates and the price of cars makes it easy. The only pain is the cost of parts.

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:51 am

jaysrs4 wrote:That is an awful lot of work and grief for what I can see as not much return. Mind you not much else to do out there I suppose! Good luck!
Depends on what kind of returns you mean; i have a buyer already for the car if and when i come to sell, if you mean in a financial sense. Also if modified a B7 RS4 it would be worth no more than a standard RS; here they really don't appreciate them.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:08 pm

birdiemachine wrote:
bam_bam wrote:Confused but subscribed.
lol snap
Me too
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Cruising

My B6 Supercharged Stage 1.5 RS4 build thread...

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Since you're not scared of this amount of work, and have access to cheap labour, had you considered something like a manual B8 RS4 saloon?

Perhaps a manual B8 A4 Quattro saloon to start with, V8 engine, upgraded chassis/drivetrain etc, and flared panels!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:24 pm

iconic78 wrote:
jaysrs4 wrote:That is an awful lot of work and grief for what I can see as not much return. Mind you not much else to do out there I suppose! Good luck!
Depends on what kind of returns you mean; i have a buyer already for the car if and when i come to sell, if you mean in a financial sense. Also if modified a B7 RS4 it would be worth no more than a standard RS; here they really don't appreciate them.
Not financially, I guess I'm coming from the end result if I'm honest. As what will you have? Something that resembles a B7 RS4 for 99.9% of the build and only the rear end that has a modicum of something that remains of a B6.

Unless you're butchering the front wings and keeping the B6 headlights - but it wouldn't be possible to use an RS4 front grill or bumper then.

Just been looking on Google and there are some quite horrific (half hearted) attempts out there!

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:12 pm

jaysrs4 wrote:
iconic78 wrote:
Not financially, I guess I'm coming from the end result if I'm honest. As what will you have? Something that resembles a B7 RS4 for 99.9% of the build and only the rear end that has a modicum of something that remains of a B6.

Unless you're butchering the front wings and keeping the B6 headlights - but it wouldn't be possible to use an RS4 front grill or bumper then.

Just been looking on Google and there are some quite horrific (half hearted) attempts out there!

Wow that is bad!!!

Have no intention to use the B7 front or rear whatsoever. The only part of the rear that has remained is the lower section of the rear bumper. The front is completely B6; weve blended the front wings to keep the wide arches on both the front and rear.

Doors are B6(the rears have been modified in keeping with RS4 rear arches) to maintain the body line throughout-this is not a half arsed conversion done with FRP from Halfords. Only using Geniune oem parts.

The end result will be a widebody B6 RS4 running 12 psi(i wont put BHP figures until its dyno'd). Give me 2 weeks.....

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”