New to Supercharged rs4

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
O3mrt
Neutral

New to Supercharged rs4

Post by O3mrt » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2006 rs4 that has a APR supercharger and Miltek system installed.
I was hoping someone could shed some light on a couple of things
1. Does the rs4 have after run fans? My water pump runs after the ignition is turned off but no fan, is this normal or should there be a fan as well? Both fans spin when the air con is turned on.
2. Can anyone with a supercharged rs4 confirm wether they get issues by running a different filter, gruppe m intake, drop in filter? I have been told that it can throw a cell but all of the people that have said that have not got a supercharger attached, so wondering if it is the same
Thanks,
Marty

MikeMike
Neutral

Re: New to Supercharged rs4

Post by MikeMike » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:04 am

Congrats on the purchase, its a nice bit of kit that really changes the low down performance of the car. It gives it a nice bump in torque that it needs.

1. Yes, the RS4 does have after run fans that will run if the engine is very hot after it has been pushed hard but they don't normally run after normal driving. The water pump that your hearing is the separate water pump for the supercharger cooling system, it is located just below the front licence plate under the separate intercooler for the supercharger and always runs for about 20mins after you turn the ign off. That is completely normal.

You can see a picture of the pump in this photo. https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5520/143 ... 5539_b.jpg

2. You can run a different filter if you wish, some do run a gruppe m, they sound great but don't do a lot for performance, especially if your in a lot of traffic as they tend to pull alot of hot air from the engine into the intake and then raise the IAT which kills performance. I've got a K&N panel filter in the OEM airbox with a separate cold air feed after removing the drivers side aux radiator, that has worked quite well as it keeps IAT down when in traffic. Lots of posts on RS246 about doing a cold air feed.

HTH

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”