Charger build thread

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Lukes3
4th Gear

Re: Charger build thread

Post by Lukes3 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:01 pm

chriswhite1992 wrote:Wow that seems a piss poor quality on tts's part for that kind of money and they are just sticking a cover over and centrifugal charger. Thought it was a proper roots/screw charger. They make great power but to me it seems a cheap design for big bucks to me
Depends on what you want from the kit. This setup is a smoother power/torque delivery then root set up. I thought the centrifugal charger was a good idea beacuse it can also be brought separately if it goes wrong big time.( hope not ) :bowdown: If a roots charger goes wrong it will need a whole new housing. Also not sure if you know but the top housing also holds the charge cooling system. Also from reading up and talking to people the roots system also makes abit more heat.
I made my decision buying this kit amongst other things but because MRC an TTS have worked together on this kit an they are both based here in the uk.( Not sure where your based) i can say though the parts to me are bang on an im happy with the kit so far.
Sorry if this is a load of crap at the moment first build thread :thumbs:
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Very jealous Luke. Looking forward to keeping up to date with this thread :thumbs:
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

chriswhite1992
2nd Gear

Post by chriswhite1992 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Lukes3 wrote:
chriswhite1992 wrote:Wow that seems a piss poor quality on tts's part for that kind of money and they are just sticking a cover over and centrifugal charger. Thought it was a proper roots/screw charger. They make great power but to me it seems a cheap design for big bucks to me
Depends on what you want from the kit. This setup is a smoother power/torque delivery then root set up. I thought the centrifugal charger was a good idea beacuse it can also be brought separately if it goes wrong big time.( hope not ) :bowdown: If a roots charger goes wrong it will need a whole new housing. Also not sure if you know but the top housing also holds the charge cooling system. Also from reading up and talking to people the roots system also makes abit more heat.
I made my decision buying this kit amongst other things but because MRC an TTS have worked together on this kit an they are both based here in the uk.( Not sure where your based) i can say though the parts to me are bang on an im happy with the kit so far.
Sorry if this is a load of crap at the moment first build thread :thumbs:
Be awesome once fitted tbh mate. My old 350z was supercharged and the delivery was instant and very linear Image

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:07 am

chriswhite1992 wrote:Thought it was a proper roots/screw charger.
You wot m8?

Centrifugal supercharging any day of the week. They are better at everything except for creating gobs of low end torque. Well that and creating whine. With one of these you keep the character of the engine that builds more power with revs and at reasonable intake temperatures.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Not much of a update but just trying to keep you guys in the loop. Due to health issues i have not been able to start this yet just been getting things ready to hit it once on my feet again. Hopfully soon then it will be none stop lol
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Hope you get back on your feet soon :thumbs:
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:18 pm

+1 to that.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Cheers lads appreciate it. :thumbs:

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:29 pm

We need updates Luke. No time for slacking as we all need our fix :thumbs:

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:18 pm

:thumb: Sorry lads, just brought a new set of injectors as i might aswell replace them while im there to be on the safe side,
Really want to start it soon as possable, but i dislocated my shoulder and had a operation to put it back in hoping to get a mate to give me hand with heavy ish stuff. Soon as i can im on it mate :thumbs:

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't comment back to back as I haven't experienced a centifugally charged RS4 but they say mid range and on / off power delivery is better with a screw :-)

I might fancy a track day this year keep me posted how you get on...

Cheers

Rob
B7 RS4 MTM K540 Sprint loon, Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger, Ceramics, HEL Hoses, Loba SM Fly, Sachs performance clutch kit, MTM full stainless exhaust system with freeflow cats & quad valved tailpipes, Hotchkis ARB's, Bilstein B16 Coil Overs, LED Rear lights, Interior & LED 50W DRL's, Buckets in race cloth, Black optics, FBSW, Titanium pack, Solar Sunroof, Adaptive lights, MTM 10mm spacers Fr & Rr, 193 Nav unit, 2nd careful owner :-)

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Right lads i know its been a long one...BUT i should be able to start this build this weekend if all goes well lol :jump: hopfully none of you are bored yet lol

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:39 pm

:boots:
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am

Waiting patiently :sleeping_2:
Attachments
IMG_20161223_1405071.jpg
B7 RS4 MTM K540 Sprint loon, Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger, Ceramics, HEL Hoses, Loba SM Fly, Sachs performance clutch kit, MTM full stainless exhaust system with freeflow cats & quad valved tailpipes, Hotchkis ARB's, Bilstein B16 Coil Overs, LED Rear lights, Interior & LED 50W DRL's, Buckets in race cloth, Black optics, FBSW, Titanium pack, Solar Sunroof, Adaptive lights, MTM 10mm spacers Fr & Rr, 193 Nav unit, 2nd careful owner :-)

Paddski
3rd Gear

Post by Paddski » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:37 am

What you fitting again? TTS?
RS6 Performace C7
Honda NSX 2017
Ford Licensed Shelby 1966 350GTH Replica......in build.....
Porsche Cayman GT4 Agate Grey...Wrapped Matte Blue, sold
RS4 B7, 2007, 20" HRE P40's + MRC mods
Bentley Continental GT Titan 600hp, sold
L200 Barbarian, sold

Return to “Readers' Rides”