Thinking of selling RIV and buying a b7 to charge

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
PJC
Cruising

Re: Thinking of selling RIV and buying a b7 to charge

Post by PJC » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Speak to Iain RS he had both the PES and the TTS super chargers, I've drove his PES and it was epic, you'll lose 6k easily though.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Agreed Paul. If the charger is going to set you back £10-12k, you'd lose £6k'ish. Depends if that matters though or how long you'd keep it. Would be a fairly unique car so should sell.

Silas, I don't think you'd go through clutches unless you were launching it often or the clutch was already worn. You could always uprate it whenever it's due.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Agreed Paul. If the charger is going to set you back £10-12k, you'd lose £6k'ish. Depends if that matters though or how long you'd keep it. Would be a fairly unique car so should sell.

Silas, I don't think you'd go through clutches unless you were launching it often or the clutch was already worn. You could always uprate it whenever it's due.
6k isn't the end of the world, I could go out and buy and m3 or c63 but I just like the idea of 600 on tap with 4 wheel drive.
And the b7 does have a nice steering feel, something the b8 lacks!!
Anyway I'm going to look at his car in the morning and have a think about it :smile_smoking:

22B
4th Gear

Post by 22B » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Do it though I think you'd be better to wait and find a good one that's already charged rather than charging a car yourself as its far too expensive.

You should have bought mine!!! :)
Current;
Porsche 997.1 GT3RS. Pure Orange, ceramics, etc, Sharkwerks exhaust
BMW 2002 restomod; Turbo body kit, S14 M3 Evo engine and lots more
Audi Q3 Black edition Quattro

Previously enjoyed;
Ibis White B7 RS4 Avant : TTS Supercharged 615ps/614 nm
Subaru Impreza 22B
Noble M400
TVR 400SE
Lotus Sunbeam Avon

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Alright fella hope your well...
Like others have said, you have a lovely looking b8. But it does seem the general consensus of opinion that even though the b8 is a capable car.. It just does not have that rawness and the same driving sensation you get/ got from the b7... That orange bread wagon is a lovely motor.. And having been out in a tts charged b7, it amazed me just how capable the car is with that extra power.. It's mentally fast.. And unfortunately tts have not developed one for the b8.. Think it just depends on you and your desire for the rawness/ connectivity you get with the b7.., ain't a bad choice at the end of the day.. Lol
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Si,

Just reading this as not been on for a while, hope your keeping well?

If you need any input (my2 pence worth) quite happy to meet up, maybe at a box hill run?

Be good to meet up with the old crew too

Cheers
R
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

kent_andy
4th Gear

Post by kent_andy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:59 am

Rich, what are you in now? saw your RS4 was for sale but didnt know if it sold or not?
2020 Range rover Sport SVR Urban
2017 911 991.2 Turbo S
2007 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

Gone:-C6 RS6 Saloon - Daytona Grey - ceramics, stage 2, gearbox map, quad tip miltek, pre cat delete and Mrc filters = 753ps + 1052NM

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:40 am

R1RS4 wrote:Hi Si,

Just reading this as not been on for a while, hope your keeping well?

If you need any input (my2 pence worth) quite happy to meet up, maybe at a box hill run?

Be good to meet up with the old crew too

Cheers
R
I'm definitely up for a boxhill meet - my new car should be here within a month
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:06 pm

kent_andy wrote:Rich, what are you in now? saw your RS4 was for sale but didnt know if it sold or not?

x2 Hope you're doing well Rich.

That dealer looks to have now put a black bucket seat interior into the car now.

Definitely need a Boxhill meet soon to catch up and have a chinwag with people. Graham - that time has flown by for your new S3 delivery, I bet it can't come soon enough!
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Once you've spent your clutch fit the Sachs uprated Single Mass Flywheel and their uprated clutch :)
B7 RS4 MTM K540 Sprint loon, Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger, Ceramics, HEL Hoses, Loba SM Fly, Sachs performance clutch kit, MTM full stainless exhaust system with freeflow cats & quad valved tailpipes, Hotchkis ARB's, Bilstein B16 Coil Overs, LED Rear lights, Interior & LED 50W DRL's, Buckets in race cloth, Black optics, FBSW, Titanium pack, Solar Sunroof, Adaptive lights, MTM 10mm spacers Fr & Rr, 193 Nav unit, 2nd careful owner :-)

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 am

Surrey Sam wrote:
kent_andy wrote:Rich, what are you in now? saw your RS4 was for sale but didnt know if it sold or not?

x2 Hope you're doing well Rich.

That dealer looks to have now put a black bucket seat interior into the car now.

Definitely need a Boxhill meet soon to catch up and have a chinwag with people. Graham - that time has flown by for your new S3 delivery, I bet it can't come soon enough!
It sure can't Sam - looking forward to owning my own car again lol
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”