Front bumper parts...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
SupraEdd
1st Gear

Front bumper parts...

Post by SupraEdd » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Sadly when the other half took the RS4 out last week she forward parked it into a bay that had a very high curb!

The oil cooler splitter has 'split', it must have loosened the fittings for the drivers side lower bumper grill (have no idea of the proper name of that - the grill that he fog lights sit in) as that seems to have completely disappeared. Any idea of a replacement price? Have check the salvage/breakers on ebay and not really surprisingly they all seem to be front damaged.

I'm sure the entire front bumper is out of alignment now too, its drooping even lower than it did before, and isn't flush with the bottom of the headlights :(

I might change the fogs at the same time, one is cracked and the other has a lot of dampness in it that just wont budge.
If it's a tabby cat, I'm ok with that. If it's a bit leopardy, I could be in jeopardy!

jonytek
5th Gear

Re: Front bumper parts...

Post by jonytek » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Is this what you're looking for?

or this?

So im guessing you're looking for a new Mrs now as well as the parts? :thumbs:
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:11 pm

RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:59 pm

£53 I think these are cheaper at Audi. As I lost one when I hit a peasant. Sorry I mean pheasant. :bash:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Post by SupraEdd » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:54 am

yup that's what I need thanks. will give Audi a call later to see their prices. also going to get the front up on some ramps, see what I can do about replacing oil cooler splitter, cant seem to find them anywhere apart from carbon fibre replacement ones.
most worrying is that the whole bumper seems to be out of line but im in a bit of a catch 22 situation at the moment as I cant get the bumper off because I havnt sorted out the bonnet catch yet! viewtopic.php?f=35&t=121351

:( :(
If it's a tabby cat, I'm ok with that. If it's a bit leopardy, I could be in jeopardy!

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:50 am

The lower splitter you can source from Audi too
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Post by SupraEdd » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:38 pm

oh I know, but always looking for a better deal. lol

alefustec
2nd Gear

Post by alefustec » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:40 pm

.....hang on ere a minute, you let your other half drive your RS4??!! For the love of god why? As you have now learnt no good will ever come from it. I won't even let mine move it in the driveway whilst I'm away in case she somehow smashes it into something and manages to curb all for alloys......they only possibly exception is if they can prove they can drive their own car for more than 3 months without rounding a corner off it, destroying at least 2 wheels and putting a swipe across the rear quarter panel (I didn't realise I was that close?).
06 Phantom Black RS4 Saloon(since Jan 15)
19x9.5 Bola alloys, LED interior/door lights, exhaust flap delete, pre-cat delete, resonator delete, chrome to black optics, B&C pillars, rear boot strip, front grills & lower intakes gloss black, revolution induction kit, LED Drl's, de-tangoed, RNSE delete - Pioneer Apple CarPlay, reverse camera. 380mm upgraded JHM front rotors, Eibach control arms, Bilstein P14's, MCarbon diffuser & Cupra R splitter.

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Post by SupraEdd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:57 pm

well, she has never had a problem driving it, and its quite sensible compared to my old Supra that she used to drive - just the parking that's a problem!!!
But saying that, I just got a call, shes just driven it to the garage to get a quote to sort the bumper out, and the engine management and EPC lights have come on! - I think the car doesn't like her!!!

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Post by SupraEdd » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Are the front fogs of the RS4 the same part as a standard A4? Most sources (ebay lol) seem to point towards the fact they are.
Ebay new genuine fog £40 - audi garage £156!!! although I guess they want to charge an hours work for unscrewing 3 screws!!!!

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Where about a in Essex are you? I'm on the outskirts of Colchester.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:46 pm

On e bay there is 2 RS4 B7s being broken in Clacton on sea . I've contacted him regarding a few bits as I am near battlesbridge Essex

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Post by SupraEdd » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:55 am

Hi David, I'm Colchester based too.
Thanks Harris, I'll see if I can find them, usually breakers always seem to be up North when I look!

So, Bungalow Diner meet one day for people in Essex? lol

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”