Re: Jonys RS4 Project

Post by Jules » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:04 am

Looking really good mate :thumbs:
Drive low,park lower

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:07 pm

So it's been a quiet few months between updates with multiple trips to Aus, xmas etc but now things are back to normal I am back on it and have pretty much decided to go balls deep with the car... F..k it

I have just got back after picking the car up from KDS, gold detail with 40 hours of machine polishing and a few coats of Gtechniq Crystal Serum. What can I say? Car looks f...ing amazing. The thing just pops now with zero swirls and scratches. Even a deeper scratch that I was convinced would need to be painted buffed out. I'm truly amazed at how good it looks. If anyone is ever looking to get a proper detail I couldn't recommend them higher. I'm waiting on progress shots to be sent across to share but I have taken a few on the phone which are a bit <beep> but should give you an idea... Car looks even better in the flesh...

Apart from this I am now playing the waiting game before she goes in to Plush for a full retrim, stereo install and, air (I know I know, but it looks so good). I think I have finally settled on an idea that I am hoping we can pull off and if we do I look forward to sharing it with everyone.... Really excited for it... I'll try and keep this updated once the work begins but for now I've uploaded some shots....

Oh Jules, I'll also be hitting you up for some wheels too, I know what I want but just need to wait and see whats left over after Luke Plush works his magic... Exciting times....

RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:04 pm

When is it going in to Plush? Might pop along and take a look.

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:10 pm

MikeFish wrote:When is it going in to Plush? Might pop along and take a look.
Dropping it off on the 24 but I'm expecting it to be in for a month.
BUILD THREAD

Paddski
3rd Gear

Post by Paddski » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:05 am

great work here. Can't wait to see what you do with the interior. What did you decide about the TTS? Have you decided on audio yet?
RS6 Performace C7
Honda NSX 2017
Ford Licensed Shelby 1966 350GTH Replica......in build.....
Porsche Cayman GT4 Agate Grey...Wrapped Matte Blue, sold
RS4 B7, 2007, 20" HRE P40's + MRC mods
Bentley Continental GT Titan 600hp, sold
L200 Barbarian, sold

harrier
2nd Gear

Post by harrier » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 am

In case you are still thinking of supercharging, MRC fitted a TTS Supercharger to my RS4 - it went from quick to very quick and I can thoroughly recommend it. On 140 mile round tip in to London and out again it would return 24mpg. My advice would also be to give the no-cat down tubes a miss; I didn't keep them fitted too long as everyone would know when I was anywhere nearby, and what for, do you really need another 20bhp? Also, make sure you aren't responsible for any, even low speed, front end collision when the engine is running, as that isn't a safe way to stop a supercharger and, for the sake of safety, TTS will say it should be written off.
Hope you continue to enjoy your B7.
RS6 PE DMS, Daytona, Pano., 21" 5-V-Spoke Tit.Alloys, C/Ceramics, Dynamic Pack +, Parking Pack Adv., Assist. Pack, TV (MMI only), Road Angel (essential) + Python, A. Connect & Phone Box + S/phone Interface, Head-up Display and Night Vision Assist., RS6 Proj. Puddle Lights, Clear 3M Wrap.

Mini Cooper S ("hot"Chili) 265BHP; VW Fox 59BHP; Citroen C1 68BHP!!

RS4 (B7) w. TTS S/C, C/Ceramics - sold
Audi TT Coupe won at model launch, for 3 months, from Audi UK !

FaisalJ
Cruising

Jonys RS4 Project

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:34 am

Good call on KDS mate! It looks stunning under those lights in their workshop. I know how much it hurts right in the wallet too haha.

Likewise with plush - they do awesome interiors; look forward to seeing what you have planned.

It'll look awesome on air. What system are you going for, and if you don't mind me asking - how much do they charge? (Maybe PM me if that's better?)

Any chance of a passenger ride when the air's on?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Wow, stunning work there. I think of all the colours the RS4 is available in black can look the worst if neglected and the best if well detailed like yours :thumbs:
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Paddski wrote:Imagegreat work here. Can't wait to see what you do with the interior. What did you decide about the TTS? Have you decided on audio yet?
I did give the charger a lot of though but decided in the end that I would get more enjoyment out of getting the car looking the way that I want and trying to get involved in some shows over the season. Lets see what happens but for the time being it's not on my list.

Haven't made a final decision on audio yet, I've been out to listen to different components JL, Focal, Audison etc and even though they do sound different it's really difficult to decide. I do think that I would be happy with any of these brands so am thinking of just letting Plush sort out the system. They have quoted for Audison Voce components, Audison AV 5.1k amp and a Hertz sub, the Audison bits have very good reviews but I was thinking of throwing the sub and potentially going for a shallow 13" JL Audio sub so we have a bit more flexibility with the install. Then the head unit is between a Pioneer and a Kenwood, both 7" screens, sat nav & apple car play so both very similar except the Kenwood provides far more tuning capabilities..
BUILD THREAD

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:15 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Good call on KDS mate! It looks stunning under those lights in their workshop. I know how much it hurts right in the wallet too haha.

Likewise with plush - they do awesome interiors; look forward to seeing what you have planned.

It'll look awesome on air. What system are you going for, and if you don't mind me asking - how much do they charge? (Maybe PM me if that's better?)

Plush does seem to be the place and it's great that they can handle everything, audio, air and trim.

The air system that I am going for is the Accuair E-level management system which is made up of Accuair electrics and Air Lift struts. This is the only system that when the height is set it is fixed meaning the height is monitored and not pressure levels like other systems.. Oh you can also control this system with an iPhone app too which is cool.

I'll pm you Faisal with the section of my quote. And yes, I'm more than happy to take you for a spin..
BUILD THREAD

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:22 pm

jonytek wrote:
FaisalJ wrote:Good call on KDS mate! It looks stunning under those lights in their workshop. I know how much it hurts right in the wallet too haha.

Plush does seem to be the place and it's great that they can handle everything, audio, air and trim.

The air system that I am going for is the Accuair E-level management system which is made up of Accuair electrics and Air Lift struts. This is the only system that when the height is set it is fixed meaning the height is monitored and not pressure levels like other systems.. Oh you can also control this system with an iPhone app too which is cool.

I'll pm you Faisal with the section of my quote. And yes, I'm more than happy to take you for a spin..
The geek in me just scream now!!!! Control your ride hight with an iPhone!! Ahhhhh I want :)
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

J130YCE
3rd Gear

Post by J130YCE » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Sounds great, Luke's work is great, looking forward to seeing the outcome. Pictures please ...and soon.

Superchargers are fun though.
BMW M2 Comp
RS4 Supercharged
Current Abarth 500c Two tone Grey and Mint - a modified go-cart.
Current T5 180 bi-turbo - modified, Reimo pop top, ABT kit, Caravelle 7 seats, going on 'air' this summer
Gone RS4 B7 Avant MRC, MK5 R32, 205 GTI, Mk1 golfs... plus some other poor souls

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 am

Looks stunning mate, and I look forward to discussing wheels.

Mine was done by plush with audison and hertz and its sounds alright.

I'm really enjoying mine at the minute but still doubt it will last to long unless I charge it.
But then I think well I can have an rs6 for that money so time will tell.

I bet you are so excited lol, I bet your air audio and retrim will prob be close to what I paid for my car lol.
Drive low,park lower

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:06 am

+1 for Plush, they installed a full Accuair system with airlift performance struts in my car and couldn't be happier with it, very clever system.
The B7 also looks so good slammed to the floor :smile_smoking:

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Jules wrote:
I bet you are so excited lol, I bet your air audio and retrim will prob be close to what I paid for my car lol.
Can't wait mate.. Really looking forward to being able to get in a few shows..

I definitely haven't got into this because it's a cheap hobby, if I wanted cheap I would have got into bird watching... Lol.
Ozzyz wrote:+1 for Plush, they installed a full Accuair system with airlift performance struts in my car and couldn't be happier with it, very clever system.
The B7 also looks so good slammed to the floor :smile_smoking:
They look soo good..
BUILD THREAD

Return to “Readers' Rides”