Rs4 b7 brake pads

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
PaulT
1st Gear

Re: Rs4 b7 brake pads

Post by PaulT » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Faisal,

Would be great to hear how you are getting on with the Hawk HPS pads now they have been in for over a month. Do you still find them bit dead from cold and especially the past week or so when temps have been lower?

I am considering a set of these too and the cold performance is my only concern for road use. I spoke with Cambridge Motorsport yesterday who stock them, sell on ebay and said they use on their own cars - their opinion was: cold performance was not a problem, dust is low, perfect for fast road use, and no good for heavy/fast cars on track.

Would be great to get update when you have a chance. Thanks!
Daytona RS4

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:11 am

@PaulT - apologies for the delayed response!

They do indeed still have a poor performance from cold, but it is literally for just the first 1 or 2 applications. After that, they're great! The bite is considerably better than OEM, and they slow the car much more effectively. I can't say I've noticed the cold performance getting any worse since the temps have dropped.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:29 am

FaisalJ wrote:@PaulT - apologies for the delayed response!

They do indeed still have a poor performance from cold, but it is literally for just the first 1 or 2 applications. After that, they're great! The bite is considerably better than OEM, and they slow the car much more effectively. I can't say I've noticed the cold performance getting any worse since the temps have dropped.
Colder temp especially here in U.K. Would not make a difference to pads performance from cold. Operating temp of OEM brakes around 150-250c
So a single gentle application raises the temp to around 100-150 degrees in just a few seconds. So really makes no difference where you start it from 20+ or 5+ . Temp difference is neglegeble to pads performance. Unless you compare 40+ somewhere in the Middle East to arctic -40.. than it would matter. But here. Nada... maybe they would cool slightly faster that's about it. I might give them a try in summer ;)
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

PaulT
1st Gear

Post by PaulT » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Thank Faisal, Ilya for your feedback. I have about 5mm of material on current oem pads so few miles before they need changing and then very likely i will give the hawk pads a try.
Daytona RS4

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Post by Seattle-squash » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:21 pm

I agree with what was said above, I have had them for 2 years and as long as you know that they take a quick warmup, then the rest is upsides from the OEM pads. And I can say 2 years later, that they are not that bad on the rotors either.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”