Rs4 b7 brake pads

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Rs4 b7 brake pads

Post by MikeFish » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:38 pm

The Ferodo DS2500 are missing pad wear sensors for all cars I believe.

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 pm

My cossie's have DS2500 both have wear sensors .

mf51y
2nd Gear

Post by mf51y » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Any opinions on the ferodo premier fdb 4165 pads...not track use ok for fast road?
Mugello blue avant black optics...Nearly standard...milltek resonated valved, spaced 10 rear 8 front☺

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:57 pm

skywriter wrote:If i'm not mistaken that picture of a pad is ebc green stuff witch is not recomended for an rs4 b7 or any car of similar weight

they are green stuff, not off mine was a customers car. disks are still the same and pads made in the same factory

skywriter
2nd Gear

Post by skywriter » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:10 pm

may have come from the same factory but different make up the yellow and red use aramid fibres so less metalic element in the mix at present i'm useing red and they work fine same as the yellow before

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 am

Seattle-squash wrote:
I have been very happy with them, low dust, no noise, seem to be easy on rotors, strong performance. I have no issue with warmup at all for me the grab right away however both Seattle/Dallas is warmer climate both been driving in the negative Celsius territory several time. The only thing I can feel is if you go a long time on the freeway in heavy rain with no break application you need a first engagement to get them clear/warmed up to get full bite. However, a rare condition and tough to expect them to be 100% in cold/wet condition like that. Let me know I can probably help you ship a set if you need to "simplify" custom as needed if you buy from US, pending how safe/consistent you feel your mail service is "if" declaring minimal value etc... Sure you know the game. Ship to Sweden all the time and yet to lose anything nor have to deal with customs and Sweden tend to dig into it if you declare it incorrectly. I would also install steel braided lines of you do t already have them, and easy and cheap upgrade, especially once doing fluid. AND they look sexy! :) I got the ECS red ones 3-4 years ago together with my HPS pads and skimmed OEM (your term right?) rotors, and plenty to go.
Thanks for the feedback! Decided to give them a go.

£280 delivered for a full front and rear set from this ebay seller in case anyone else wants to try too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291257313238
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:24 pm

mf51y wrote:Any opinions on the ferodo premier fdb 4165 pads...not track use ok for fast road?
I wanted to ask opinions on Ferodo also? I have noticed there are a couple on the market, DS1.11 and DS2500 what are peoples experiences? I need to pick something up this week.
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:31 pm

jonytek wrote:Also where are people getting their rear disks from? 840 quid at Stoke Audi and can't find them anywhere else - ebay or euro car parts...
Stoke Audi website says £648.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:34 pm

jonytek wrote:Also where are people getting their rear disks from? 840 quid at Stoke Audi and can't find them anywhere else - ebay or euro car parts...
Or from ebay for £506 but currently out of stock.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111784431548? ... EBIDX%3AIT

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:13 pm

jonytek wrote:
mf51y wrote:Any opinions on the ferodo premier fdb 4165 pads...not track use ok for fast road?
I wanted to ask opinions on Ferodo also? I have noticed there are a couple on the market, DS1.11 and DS2500 what are peoples experiences? I need to pick something up this week.
I have a set of ds2500 that going in on Saturday. Read only good things about them.
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:16 pm

pule333 wrote:
jonytek wrote:
I have a set of ds2500 that going in on Saturday. Read only good things about them.
Me too. Hitting the old Ikea car park they Ilya?
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

pule333
5th Gear

Rs4 b7 brake pads

Post by pule333 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:18 pm

jonytek wrote:
pule333 wrote:
jonytek wrote: I wanted to ask opinions on Ferodo also? I have noticed there are a couple on the market, DS1.11 and DS2500 what are peoples experiences? I need to pick something up this week.
Me too. Hitting the old Ikea car park they Ilya?
Ha ha not really :) have a little space between my house and the neighbours. Usually do everything there. Unless it's pissing down with rain.Image
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:50 pm

DS2500's
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Initial impressions on the Hawk HPS

I'm comparing to the OEM pads that came off the car. They still had a bit more life in them, but I wanted to change them anyway.

I knew from seeing the graph below, and forum feedback, that the Hawks would underperform OEM when cold.
hawk-2004-2014-lamborghini-gallardo-2003-audi-rs6-v8-2007-2008-audi-rs4-2008-2011-audi-r8-hps-[3]-56533-p.jpg
Well, I wasn't expecting just how much they underperform when cold! The brakes feel completely wooden the first time they are applied. I nearly overshot a junction over the weekend pulling out of a car park, as I temporarily forgot about this!

Looking back at the graph, from stone cold it looks like the coefficient of friction of the HPS is about half of that when up to temperature - certainly feels that way. I should have expected it really. Note the "OEM" line seems much flatter in comparison.

That's the bad news. But, fortunately it only seems to take a couple of applications to get them working. .

When up to temperature though, they seem to grab the discs significantly better than OEM. Great bite, and the car feels like it's had a much more significant brake upgrade than just a new set of pads. Had a good run up the A3 yesterday with an Evo behind me, up to some naughty speeds, when we hit completely stationary traffic ahead of the the M25 junction over the crest of a slight hill, so saw it late - got on the brakes hard and in my mind I went from "oh sh!t" to "oh sh!t these brakes are awesome!" Could have been brown trousers (well, shorts) with the OEM pads.

No squeeks/squeels noticed so far either.

Hoping I'll get a chance to try them out on track at Audi Driver. But so far, I'm liking them (apart from the cold performance).
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Rs4 b7 brake pads

Post by Seattle-squash » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:22 am

FaisalJ wrote:Initial impressions on the Hawk HPS

I'm comparing to the OEM pads that came off the car. They still had a bit more life in them, but I wanted to change them anyway.

I knew from seeing the graph below, and forum feedback, that the Hawks would underperform OEM when cold.
hawk-2004-2014-lamborghini-gallardo-2003-audi-rs6-v8-2007-2008-audi-rs4-2008-2011-audi-r8-hps-[3]-56533-p.jpg
Well, I wasn't expecting just how much they underperform when cold! The brakes feel completely wooden the first time they are applied. I nearly overshot a junction over the weekend pulling out of a car park, as I temporarily forgot about this!

Looking back at the graph, from stone cold it looks like the coefficient of friction of the HPS is about half of that when up to temperature - certainly feels that way. I should have expected it really. Note the "OEM" line seems much flatter in comparison.

That's the bad news. But, fortunately it only seems to take a couple of applications to get them working. .

When up to temperature though, they seem to grab the discs significantly better than OEM. Great bite, and the car feels like it's had a much more significant brake upgrade than just a new set of pads. Had a good run up the A3 yesterday with an Evo behind me, up to some naughty speeds, when we hit completely stationary traffic ahead of the the M25 junction over the crest of a slight hill, so saw it late - got on the brakes hard and in my mind I went from "oh sh!t" to "oh sh!t these brakes are awesome!" Could have been brown trousers (well, shorts) with the OEM pads.

No squeeks/squeels noticed so far either.

Hoping I'll get a chance to try them out on track at Audi Driver. But so far, I'm liking them (apart from the cold performance).
Glad it worked out, yeah cold or wet takes a few bites... and since I am in warm climate the rain is my only issue for a second or 2. And agree with you on bite when warmed up - very good, and no noice issues.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”