Life with a Tubi Rumore, milltek non Res & sports cats

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: Life with a Tubi Rumore, milltek non Res & sports cats

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Good work mate! I hope the police don't give you too much hassle.

That vid Mike shot from inside the car sounds a lot like my system when I have the valves open - not sure on absolute volume level though.

Harding - if you want a system that sounds like the above vids, but with flaps, you know what to do!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

RichieRS
4th Gear

Re: Life with a Tubi Rumore, milltek non Res & sports cats

Post by RichieRS » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:58 pm

harding wrote:If there only would be a rumore with flaps i would order it tomorrow....
Since i have 2 original exhaust systems, one with removed center resonator, what could be the next step in getting it abit louder? What if i replaced the downpipes resonators with straight pipes, would that make a big difference?
Or removing /replacing the rear muffler? Or gut it?

Would be cool to try, and also keep the flaps on and active and see what happens. Anyone has experience with modifying the original pipe to its edge? :biggrin3:

My car is parked right in the middle of three 7 storie buildings, and my neighbors already look at me when i cold start it :biggrin2:

I'm running the standard zoost with no centre res, precat delete, valves disconnected and gutted back boxes. It's louder by quite a margin over a miltek, it's actually not far from a JCW system in terms of noise, just not as refined!!

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”