Big thanks to the boys at MRC today...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Big thanks to the boys at MRC today...

Post by Lady Penelope » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Well, earlier today hubby returned from MRC where my precious RS4 has been for the past few days. Stage 2, decarbon (yes, I know it will come back but then so do my kids from my ex and in the meantime, I party!...). Oh and a cold air feed (plus a replacement MAF they said was needed..). Thank you to them and all of you whose views and mods have helped me along the way add to my wonderful car.

I know pictures are everything and she made 431PS on that Dyno thingy hubs tells me and here is the printout.
MRC.jpg
I've just taken her for a spin and OMG, in fact OMFG......just as you boys say, 'night and day'. The difference between 'S'port mode and non is awesome :biggrin3:

I don't find normal mode rough at all and so far pottering around my town seems just great.

I've put the silver MRC badge up on the right hand side of my boot lid but as I am running a black 'RS4" rear boot badge on the other side I'm not sure how long it's staying but it is well deserved at the moment and actually looks quite good in contrast.

Not sure what's next, LED DRLs are in the pipeline and maybe that's it. Who knows?

Can someone kindly explain RNS and whether and why I would update/upgrade?

Lady P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Starry
4th Gear

Re: Big thanks to the boys at MRC today...

Post by Starry » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Hi Lady P, i was collecting mine this morning and saw yours in the carpark, i absolutely love those seats :bowdown:
2006 RS4
Phantom black
MRC Stage 2, Milltek non res, pre cat delete,

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi!

Was yours the one parked up by the fence adjoining the road as you head towards the office? Nice car...

Yes, it was the seats that really attracted me to the car in the first place. They aren't the original colour as the Audi Spec line tell me the car came with black buckets originally.

Through the forum I have tracked down the then owner who had those seats and the rest of the interior trim done. I have the details of who in case I need to ever retrim but so far not.

Hubby has got hold of some red nylon seat covers for when we're not really showing the seats with the roof down. I admit they are saving the leather but I just think life is too short to be covering up those buckets.

What did you have done there?

Lady P
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Starry
4th Gear

Post by Starry » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Mine would have been gone when you got there, mines a black Avant.
I had a full cc with de-flap and a new PCV fitted. Little disappointed with the result as i went to the lengths of gutting the pre cats and recorded very similar to yours.
I thought i might of made a little more. Ill post my results in a bit.
2006 RS4
Phantom black
MRC Stage 2, Milltek non res, pre cat delete,

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Now do you understand why we kept going on about MRC and told you that happydayz map was a waste of time?
Last edited by MikeFish on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:47 pm

I know the feeling well! My car made very similar before and after power figures from my last MRC visit.

Enjoy!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Good result Lady P :D Mine's going to MRC after the Bank Holiday for the same treatment. Really looking forward to getting it back :rocker:
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:00 pm

"Now do you understand why we kept going on about MRC and told you that happydayz map was a waste of time?"

Oh now do I feeltold off and very little, like a naughty little girl on the big boys forum... Where's the forum naughty step then?...

LoL..

Well, partially. I don't consider going to Hazzydayz was a waste of time as they did good things to the car and the remap they did made a difference. MRC are without doubt better on the tuning side from what I've seen over the past few days. Maybe it was the way that you boys on this forum say things to newer members who sometimes learn by experience? Just a thought...

Anyway, I've learned a lot and all I need to do now is find a 'trumpet' thingy for the end of the CAF that MRC have done as it appears to just end in a cut off tube. I am sure that it will work just fine but the ones I've seen on this forum seem to be better finished. Again, maybe that's just a female comment but I am happy with what they've done and how it makes my car go and feel.

I didn't go to MRC because if I am honest I was thinking it would be all blokey and I'd get told what's what which I don't need.

Mind you, hubby enjoyed it and people always seem to want to race him when he drives it :biggrin3:

Any help with this RNS(E) thingy and whether I should or shouldn't?

Thank you!

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:Oh now do I feeltold off and very little, like a naughty little girl on the big boys forum... Where's the forum naughty step then?...
The entrance to Bams cellar

Leave the RNSE. Would be like upgrading a 3210 to a 3310. :thumbs:
B5 B6 B7 B9

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Lady Penelope wrote:Oh now do I feeltold off and very little, like a naughty little girl on the big boys forum... Where's the forum naughty step then?...
The entrance to Bams cellar

Leave the RNSE. Would be like upgrading a 3210 to a 3310. :thumbs:
Everyone has a different opinion on the satnav options. I'm with Ian though.

I can understand why some like to stay OEM and upgrade to a newer Audi system, e.g. My car had a 2010 RNS-E with recent maps. However, being into my gadgets, and moderately into audio, it just wasn't good enough - poor sound and prehistoric satnav.

I decided to go aftermarket. A pioneer apple CarPlay headunit, better front speakers, better amp, and a sub in a stealth box in the boot. Much better ;-)

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:31 pm

I assume you mean upgrade to the later RNS-E rather than upgrade to an aftermarket sat nav like the ones from Alpine / Pioneer / Kenwood etc?
If you are talking about upgrading to the later RNS-E the benefits are that it still looks OEM, it works with the DIS perfectly (so you get sat nav directions etc on the dash), but the main benfits are that it is faster to use and recalculating directions etc, the screen is much nicer, it will allow you yo use bigger SD cards (old one is 4gb max, this one can use up to 64gb) and it allows you to install the AMI interface which gives a better ipod interface or allows you to plug in a hard drive with all your music on.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:35 pm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... air-inlets

You need to know the size of the pipe installed by MRC. I think they normally go for 89mm hose but probably best to measure it first.

But also take a look at this page in case you fancy one a little different or want the gauze filter to fit on the trumpet:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... cting-hose

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Ian_C wrote: Leave the RNSE. Would be like upgrading a 3210 to a 3310. :thumbs:
That's a bit harsh...6310i I'd say.

I did the 2010+ RNSe upgrade and if I had another B7 RS4 I would do it all over again. I don't like aftermarket stuff though, OEM+ all the way.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:That's a bit harsh...6310i I'd say
Hahaha. :bigblink:

Very old technology even compared to something modest like the 2013-2016 prefacelift A3 8V with HD Nav
B5 B6 B7 B9

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:36 am

So to summarise, the choice is yours Lady P....

OR

:bigblink:
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”