pule333
5th Gear

Re: To supercharge or not to supercharge

Post by pule333 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:48 pm

rs4pat wrote:My hart says go for it my head says I'm mad
Go with your heart, head will follow!
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:27 am

i would not sc a b7 rs4 it is perfect as is .
No doubt , lots of fun & something different .
Most end up in classifieds for whatever reason
it is never ending, looking for more power , maybe sacrificing drivability /reliability .
I would Put money, towards a newer motor
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc tuned

rs4pat
2nd Gear

Post by rs4pat » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:34 am

#1Rs4 wrote:i would not sc a b7 rs4 it is perfect as is .
it is never ending, looking for more power , maybe sacrificing drivability /reliability .
I like the b7 more than the new one . I do like the c7 rs6 but it's to much money

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Speed only and appreciating motoring, I'd go for a 996 / 997 turbo. If you need the practicality though, charging the B7 would be great.

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:52 pm

#1Rs4 wrote:i would not sc a b7 rs4 it is perfect as is .
Agree with you , once SC it wont take long until you are used to it and want the next level . 12k is a lot of money to spend on a 10 year old car that wont make it go much faster .

rs4pat
2nd Gear

Post by rs4pat » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:30 pm

id say it will make it quite a bit faster

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:02 pm

rs4pat wrote: I like the b7 more than the new one . I do like the c7 rs6 but it's to much money

Yes c7 rs6 awesome motor , but still strong money ,
my plan was going to change to from b7 to b8
However being a classified addict
It' is a m4 one week, then , then Amg c63 another . hahah
We are all different , There is too many good cars out there to try.
I would rather swap & change for the experience Than put loads of cash in mods :thumbs:
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc tuned

fzo
Neutral

Post by fzo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:19 am

Hi new to the forum been lurking for a while though.

I am in the market for an Audi RS4 B7 Avant think they are fast becoming great value for money and as mentioned earlier I also came across the TTS Supercharger kit (from MRC Tuning in the UK).

I think all in with clutch and suspension etc plus purchase of the car will set me back around £30k which I think is damn good value for money considering I will have a 600+ BHP Audi RS4.

Like the OP I also want to know what experience anyone has had with any make of supercharger on their RS4 and what it was like to live with.

I think mechanically they make more sense than turbo charging much more sympathetic of the engine.

Thanks in advance.

Fzo

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:41 am

fzo wrote:Hi new to the forum been lurking for a while though.

I am in the market for an Audi RS4 B7 Avant think they are fast becoming great value for money and as mentioned earlier I also came across the TTS Supercharger kit (from MRC tuning in the UK).

I think all in with clutch and suspension etc plus purchase of the car will set me back around £30k which I think is damn good value for money considering I will have a 600+ BHP Audi RS4.

Like the OP I also want to know what experience anyone has had with any make of supercharger on their RS4 and what it was like to live with.

I think mechanically they make more sense than turbo charging much more sympathetic of the engine.

Thanks in advance.

Fzo
FON.
No matter where you go, there you are.

bluebull
Neutral

Post by bluebull » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:54 pm

I have a first generation APR SC (stage 3+) on my 2007 B7 RS4...pushing about 565hp. It is fantastic! It should have been a factory option. 40,000 miles and no issues.

Very easy to drive when not in S mode, no compromise on fuel economy, fast as any 911 turbo (actually is faster), faster than Panamera turbo, blows any ricer away...

Carbon cleaning is less frequent due to higher air flows, higher compression, air scavenging, etc...

If you have never been in an RS4 that is SC...then you are truly missing out. No regrets here. :nogarors4:

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:40 pm

bluebull wrote:I have a first generation APR SC (stage 3+) on my 2007 B7 RS4...pushing about 565hp. It is fantastic! It should have been a factory option. 40,000 miles and no issues.

Very easy to drive when not in S mode, no compromise on fuel economy, fast as any 911 turbo (actually is faster), faster than Panamera turbo, blows any ricer away...

Carbon cleaning is less frequent due to higher air flows, higher compression, air scavenging, etc...

If you have never been in an RS4 that is SC...then you are truly missing out. No regrets here. :nogarors4:
Sounds good mate.
What would be needed to get yours up to the 600hp mark?
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

fzo
Neutral

Post by fzo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:40 pm

bam_bam wrote:
fzo wrote:Hi new to the forum been lurking for a while though.

I am in the market for an Audi RS4 B7 Avant think they are fast becoming great value for money and as mentioned earlier I also came across the TTS Supercharger kit (from MRC tuning in the UK).

Thanks in advance.

Fzo
FON.
So 37 after 35 or 35 before 37... :-)

fzo
Neutral

Post by fzo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:41 pm

bluebull wrote:I have a first generation APR SC (stage 3+) on my 2007 B7 RS4...pushing about 565hp. It is fantastic! It should have been a factory option. 40,000 miles and no issues.

Great that's what I was looking for, happy motoring fella.

bluebull
Neutral

Post by bluebull » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:59 am

Lukes3 wrote:

Sounds good mate.
What would be needed to get yours up to the 600hp mark?

I'm looking at METH INJECTION... apparently really good concept with deterring detonation and increasing BHP.. From what I've read, any car can run METH and expect good BHP results. 10-15% gains? 10% would get me just over 620bhp?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPFZWd8wj4
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/uni ... ge-2a.html

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”