Advisory list after a MOT

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Banc Blue
Neutral

Advisory list after a MOT

Post by Banc Blue » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:01 pm

image.jpeg
Hi all,

She had the MOT today, passed but a few advisories, I hope you can read them as I took a photo on my phone.

My girlfriend drives her more than I do and is worried that this has to be done ASAP. I told he that I'd ask the experts here and show her all the replies.

Thanks in advance.

weekenny
2nd Gear

Re: Advisory list after a MOT

Post by weekenny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:51 pm

The worn track rod would be top of my to do list. The others can be done later. .

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:40 pm

I'd get the DRC / shock issues checked by an expert like Unit20 before paying a fortune to Audi to fix.
Sealant is an easy one to solve.
Also, do they mean the CV gaitors? If so, relatively easy fix for an independant garage.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:44 pm

Audi for an MOT?

Girlfriend drives it more than you?

You're a brave, brave man.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Human Joist
3rd Gear

Post by Human Joist » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:47 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Audi for an MOT?

Girlfriend drives it more than you?

You're a brave, brave man.
:jump: :jump: :jump:

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 pm

That was very, very polite Faisal! I nearly posted earlier but had to stop myself :biggrin3:

OP all jokes aside, there is nothing massive on that list. If it was me though, I'd want it perfect. But I wouldn't want Audi to do it. Get the DRC checked as suggested and the track rod end whilst it's there.

Regarding the missing service, check which one and check with the actual dealer that did work at that time. They don't always record it on the system as a service if it came in for other work at the time. Would be good to straighten out the record. Unless of course it did miss the service. If in doubt, ring the Audi SPEC service and they should be able to give you more info.

Oh, and stop your missus driving it more than you. :bash:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 am

marc1 wrote:That was very, very polite Faisal! I nearly posted earlier but had to stop myself :biggrin3:

OP all jokes aside, there is nothing massive on that list. If it was me though, I'd want it perfect. But I wouldn't want Audi to do it. Get the DRC checked as suggested and the track rod end whilst it's there.

Regarding the missing service, check which one and check with the actual dealer that did work at that time. They don't always record it on the system as a service if it came in for other work at the time. Would be good to straighten out the record. Unless of course it did miss the service. If in doubt, ring the Audi SPEC service and they should be able to give you more info.

Oh, and stop your missus driving it more than you. :bash:
I thought it said missing service book not missing service. This is not an MOT advisory as far as I know but ive had it listed on a service before (service book was in folder under steering wheel where it should be).

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:57 am

Good point Mike. To be honest, they'd probably not see it if it was left on the passenger seat. :(

Banc Blue
Neutral

Post by Banc Blue » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks for all your replies.

The service book wasn't in the car when it had the MOT but it's not missed any services.

It passed with Audi last year and this year, £50 for an MOT isn't that bad I don't think. But I think it's worth going to unit 20 and let them have a look.

I've got a van that I spend most of my working life in, hence that's why my girlfriend drives it more.

Once again thanks for all your replies, it's really appreciated.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”