2nd Gear

carbon interior trim

Post by rs4pat » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:37 pm

is there a how to for changing the trim? i got a carbon trim to put in the car

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Re: carbon interior trim

Post by SupraEdd » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:58 am

could do with that myself. although I still need to buy some replacement trim, I think the guy that had my car before me tried to remove it all, and the lacquer has cracked, doesn't look great :(
If it's a tabby cat, I'm ok with that. If it's a bit leopardy, I could be in jeopardy!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Pat, its fairly simple.
I can dig out a guide when I get home next week as I'm on holiday at the moment.
But its the same as any A4 B6 or B7.
For the door trims you prise up the trim at the front end and lift it towards the rear and here is a little hook at the rear end.
For the left hand dash trim I think you need to pop off the peft hand dash end cover. Also need to pull off the top centre console trim (near the hazard lights etc) then undo all the Bolts. For the right hand dash trim I think you need to remove the lower steering wheel cover. This is all from memory so I could be wrong bit I you search for audi A4 trim removal you will probably find a guide with photos.

rs4pat
2nd Gear

Post by rs4pat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:33 pm

MikeFish wrote:Pat, its fairly simple.
I can dig out a guide when I get home next week as I'm on holiday at the moment.
But its the same as any A4 B6 or B7.
For the door trims you prise up the trim at the front end and lift it towards the rear and here is a little hook at the rear end.
For the left hand dash trim I think you need to pop off the peft hand dash end cover. Also need to pull off the top centre console trim (near the hazard lights etc) then undo all the Bolts. For the right hand dash trim I think you need to remove the lower steering wheel cover. This is all from memory so I could be wrong bit I you search for audi A4 trim removal you will probably find a guide with photos.

ok thank you mike

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:52 pm

on a rare warm sunny sticky day like today the plastics seem to have a lot more give in them... :beerchug:
on a cold winters day they split with ease.. :bash:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”