Cheap tyres

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
iduff
1st Gear

Re: Cheap tyres

Post by iduff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:40 pm

MikeFish wrote:
arthur.d wrote:If the tyre noise is too much your exhaust and stereo are too quiet.
/Howling! Too true! :beerchug:

I replaced my worn out P-Zero Rossos with a set of MPSS, and could not be happier. I'm in New England, not Old England, so weather or attitude might be a factor, :bigwave: but the P-Zeros were definitely second-tier compared with the MPSSs.
B7 RS4 Sedan, Phantom Black Pearl
Valved non-resonated Milltek with 200-cell DPs, and JHM tune, 10mm spacers
B8.5 Allroad, Monsoon Grey
CPO, stock

Former Quattros
B5 S4 Sedan, C4 S6 Avant, Type 89 Coupe Quattro, Type 44 Quattro Sedan

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:26 pm

arthur.d wrote:i find them harsh
My experience (and I'm a few days short of 60 years old) is that the F1's are quieter and give a more compliant ride than either the PSS or PS2s but run them very close in grip and feel, so I definitely wouldn't call them a medium grade tyre but also not the very best. I guess it depends what tradeoff you are willing to make, for me the RS4 is a performance vehicle so I am happy to sacrifice some ride comfort in favour of grip & feel. However, a big plus of the F1's is that they have the best sidewall protection bars.

The best ride was easily the Sessantas but the sidewalls on those are so soft that turn-in was very vague, which I didn't like. But they do last a LONG time...
arthur.d wrote:very intresting placement for the P.zero above lol
I hated the PZero Rossos that were OE fit - poor dry grip, appalling wet grip and a very short life (about 2/3 the life of the F1s, less than half the life of the PS2 or PSS and less than 1/3 the life of the Sessantas) - so there was no payoff for the poor grip in longer life. I vowed that I would never, ever fit PZero Rossos to my RS 4 again.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:27 am

Sorry to drag up an old thread regarding tyres and if it has already been mentioned. my local kwik fit are doing a michelin promo, full set of pss for £580 fitted, my best quote was at least £80 more (tyres only) than that, and up to £150 more in some places regarded as cheap locally ( south wales)
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black , Billy B14 and ss+ arbs, LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Custom Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, alcantara wheel, gaiter and handbrake retrim, R8 gearknob, red belts (anyone want to swap belts for black ;-/ ) 438PS

zainster
2nd Gear

Post by zainster » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:16 am

I think that's a very good fully fitted price for the PSS
Current: B9 RS4 Avant
Previous Audis: B7 RS4 Avant, Mk3 TTS, Mk1 TT Quattro Sport 240

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Had the pss fitted today at kwik fit , £580 all in, suprisingly great service, after initial discussions/worries the fitter even bought a slim rubber coated 17mm socket and used a rim protector ready for my arrival, the lads there loved the car and taking pics etc, young fitter even cleaned <beep> of my wheels and had them sparkling, best service ive ever had at a tyre Shop. Never used KF before but a top service in ponty branch and a cracking price. Never thought kwik fit could be so good....the car is transformed from the dunlops that i had !!! Anyone local should jump on this
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black , Billy B14 and ss+ arbs, LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Custom Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, alcantara wheel, gaiter and handbrake retrim, R8 gearknob, red belts (anyone want to swap belts for black ;-/ ) 438PS

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:47 pm

wouldnt pay a quid for a pirelli

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Last edited by eliano on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eliano
2nd Gear

Post by eliano » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:wouldnt pay a quid for a pirelli
Good job they fitted michelin instead lol

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”