Another brake disk thread...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
emwe
Neutral

Re: Another brake disk thread...

Post by emwe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:55 pm

I am thinking Brembo oem all around used with EBC Yellowstuff. Seems like a popular choice. But is that enough for a track day or two per year and an hour or so of hard driving? Is there a better choice than yellowstuff? I would like to keep the dust to a minimum and low disc damage i guess. Im just looking for a really good street/onceayeartrack setup^^

I feel there is some brake fade in my RS4 today after a while with harder driving but it has oem discs thats been there since it was new, around 4200 miles or so. The pads have been changed but i dont know the brand.
2006 Phantom Black RS4 Sedan -Milltek system, BMC filter, stage 1. Otherwise completely stock for now..

dougle_turbo
3rd Gear

Post by dougle_turbo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:22 pm

I ordered the front disks on that deal today, should be delivered tomorrow. I'm going to try EBC yellows on the front and see how it goes, I hear good things about them.
2010 987 Cayman S.
Clio 172 Cup track car "Nicole" aka NV2 Sold
Clio 172 Cup track car "Nicole" aka NV1 - R.I.P
2007 Phantom black RS4 avant - with added ceramics. Sold
2006 Phantom black RS4 saloon. Sold
1990 Black Audi S2 (3B) - full engine rebuild. Sold
1981 Black Porsche 924 Turbo, rescued from under a tree and restored. Sold

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi guys, my brake warning light has just started to switch on when going on longer drives so I have been looking at replacement options leading me here. I have a few questions:

1) I have had a look at the disks and pads all around and they look ok (disks are still smooth so probably just need a pad replacement) - Are there other signs to look for with the disks, other than warping?
2) Would I be able to get access to an error code to tell me what is setting off the sensor? I was looking at purchasing the interface cable anyway to switch on the Aux channel on my RNS-E.
3) Once the warning light starts coming on roughly how long can you drive before having to complete the work? (I know that this depends but lets assume the pads are just worn)

It would be good to know what needs doing so that I can plan, if I needs disks thats no biggie I would just like to organise these myself instead of leaving them up to someone else.

I don't mean to hijack the thread.

Thanks.
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

kernowrs4
1st Gear

Post by kernowrs4 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Are the rear brake discs sided? On euro car parts they only list the left hand rear, are they sided or will they fit either side ??

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:20 pm

kernowrs4 wrote:Are the rear brake discs sided? On euro car parts they only list the left hand rear, are they sided or will they fit either side ??
Front left and right discs are identical with the same part numbers.
Rear left and right discs are handed so you need one of each disc with different part numbers.

odd but true.

Edit: they will fit as far as I'm aware, but the drilled holes will be sweeping in the wrong direction (like one of the front discs do anyway).

pecker320
Neutral

Post by pecker320 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:05 pm

dougle_turbo wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:30 pm
I have been trawling the forum and website for a few days trying to work out what front and rear brake disks I should get.

Obviously the OEM ones are easy to get hold of and are around £1300 delivered.

I spoke to MRC and Brembo have released some replacement front disks at just under £600. They may have also released some rears but waiting to hear back.

VW Phaeton disks are around £400 for the front and I'd prob get them grooved (can get it done for free).

I can't find any alternatives for the OEM rear disks, not sure if the standard Phaeton disks would go on? If so I'd get those grooved to match the fronts.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or alternative solutions.

Thanks,

Doug.
Hi, Sorry to resurrect an old thread but do VW Phaeton discs really fit the B7 RS4...? Any advice regarding front disc replacement would be much appreciated for a skint B7 owner... Thanks :thumbs:

sumdy
2nd Gear

Post by sumdy » Mon May 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Phaeton discs do indeed fit,had em on ours for a few years now. You do need to swap the centre bells over,and the phantoms are not drilled.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Yellow stuff = :dung:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”