Oem size brembo disc + trw pads

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
HYFR
Cruising

Re: Oem size brembo disc + trw pads

Post by HYFR » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Wow
About time these were reasonably priced !!

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:19 pm

rob-s wrote:I installed these Brembo front discs as well last week :)

Just to be clear..the OEM discs and the Brembo discs are identical. They are both manufactured by Brembo.
Its a pity they don't stay this good looking!
OEM discs are Brembo disks :) :) I guess brembo decided to cut the middle man out aka AUDI THE Stealer lol
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Dolphie
1st Gear

Post by Dolphie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Just ordered these from Eurocarparts using code SUMMERSALE giving 25% discount. Used Topcashback for the first time which gave a further £37 cashback. They are offering 7.35% cashback for 2 days.

Also ordered Ferodo Premier pads and new pins and springs.

Now need to decide whether I fit them myself (never done it before and only really fettle push bikes) or take them to my local indie.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm

My local tyre / brake place charged me £50 + vat (so £60) to change discs and pads. Not worth the hassle to do yourself if you ask me.

pule333
5th Gear

Oem size brembo disc + trw pads

Post by pule333 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:05 am

MikeFish wrote:My local tyre / brake place charged me £50 + vat (so £60) to change discs and pads. Not worth the hassle to do yourself if you ask me.
Hmmm really? I usually can't wait for a weekend to do something on my car... It's not about the money for me. It's just I know I will do a more careful job myself than any other mechanic working on my car, and in most cases a better job.. It's like you second body lol, you know torque setting for all the bolts on your car ;)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Rw@@dy
4th Gear

Post by Rw@@dy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:41 am

I've just done front and rear discs/pads in about 3 hours total. Getting the pins out of the front calipers was a pain! U doing the bolts wasn't too bad with a big breaker bar, no way to do it without one. Rears are easy once the piston is wound back

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Pule333 wrote:
MikeFish wrote:My local tyre / brake place charged me £50 + vat (so £60) to change discs and pads. Not worth the hassle to do yourself if you ask me.
Hmmm really? I usually can't wait for a weekend to do something on my car... It's not about the money for me. It's just I know I will do a more careful job myself than any other mechanic working on my car, and in most cases a better job.. It's like you second body lol, you know torque setting for all the bolts on your car ;)
I used to feel the same way.

Then I got married and had 2 kids....

£60 you say? Bargain!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:08 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Pule333 wrote:
I used to feel the same way.

Then I got married and had 2 kids....

£60 you say? Bargain!
Yeah but you need time off from all this family things :) cars is the only real relax time in my books ;)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”