any views on this car please?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: any views on this car please?

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:06 pm

daytonamart wrote:lol Mike, I don't know why but I still think it is, 1 owner from new, professional.

Appeared a few weeks after Charles was selling his. Charles on 24k now on 26k, and no RNSE.

I'm no Sherlock but all the signs were there.

With you on that one Mart. Very strange, as there's a lot of similarities between the two and the fact that low mileage, one owner, cars are like the proverbial rocking horse 'xyz' ?

I'm sure the one that was in the classifieds on here, had a half leather interior as well. I remember that I was going to comment on the Silver being a hard colour to sell (especially for premium money) and then noticed no RNSe; so instead decided to try and be positive and suggested fitting one to increase potential interest. Photographs from the original advert have all been removed in March, all very odd?
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

acl
Neutral

Post by acl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:21 pm

I sent Charles the number plate of the car I am looking at via PM and he said it was not his and that he still had his. Also, this one has always been serviced in Cheltenham and Charles is based in Yorkshire.

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Fair play acl.

Hope the viewing goes well.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

acl
Neutral

Post by acl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Will let you know. You guys have succeeded in making me paranoid now!

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Yes good luck with it, just take a note book with you and jot down any concerns/thoughts and report back here. The bumper gap is quite a common issue, as it often comes off to sort out common failure items, like auxiliary radiators, oil coolers and parking sensors. Also, it’s quite easy to put on incorrectly or not quite get the alignment spot on. To be honest, it takes a lot of faffing around to sort out but well worth it in the end.

FYI - I'm in a foul mood right now (own car scenario) which maybe influencing the negativity/suspicious nature of my previous reply.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Didn't want to post.....again.........but can't stop myself,

Late 2006 car: check
One owner: check
Both without RNSE: check
Low miles: check
Part leather: I confess I don't remember this from original ad but Sam seems too.

Now the odds on all these coming together to give us two near identical spec cars is by my reckoning at best remote, not impossible but remote.

Very intriguing. Keep us posted.

I'm off to watch more "Tales of the unexpected"
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

TobyRS4
2nd Gear

Post by TobyRS4 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Obscure spec combinations will put off a lot of people but every car has a buyer at the right price, even though the audi rnse isn't that great I cant help but feel the lack of it dates the dash somewhat...
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 - Black/Titanium optics, Anthracite OEM 19's, De-resonated OEM Exhaust, TTRS FBSW, MRC Stage 2 De-flapped manifold, Full Carbon Clean, MRC Stage 2 Re-map, 431.5 BHP...... must...not...spend....more...

acl
Neutral

Post by acl » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:44 pm

I have now seen the car and decided not to buy it. There were a few cosmetic marks, the air con was not working, history OK but not as comprehensive as I would have liked. Not a bad car but I was very disappointed given the mileage. I used to own another sports car with 65k miles that was in much better condition.

Thanks all for the help and if anyone else here is interested, feel free to PM me for more details.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”