Gruppe m throttle hesitation

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
callumjones
Neutral

Gruppe m throttle hesitation

Post by callumjones » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:22 am

I fitted my gruppe m carbon airbox last night and took it for a quick blast to see what its like and absolutely loved it.

However i noticed that after a fast gear change the car was slightly hesitant, like a loss of power for a second and then returns to normal.

There is no cel so nothing to indicate that it is fitted incorrectly and i have positioned the MAF at a similar angle to the standard airbox.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Callum

Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Re: Gruppe m throttle hesitation

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:44 am

Is it just going into gears 2 and 3? If so, disable traction control and see how you get on.

It's quite a crude system in a sense, it seems to cut power in anticipation of slip on WOT high engine speed gear changes from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3.
2007 RS4 Saloon; Mugello Blue

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 am

As above, I drove around for best part of a year thinking that the hesitation was some kind of torque limiter, as you dont see any traction control light flashing. However turn the system off fully and the hesitation dissapears.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:17 am

Jaheenormous wrote:Is it just going into gears 2 and 3? If so, disable traction control and see how you get on.

It's quite a crude system in a sense, it seems to cut power in anticipation of slip on WOT high engine speed gear changes from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3.
Yeah. I've had it a few times when pushing it in lower gears, just cuts totally cuts power.
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

irishmike
3rd Gear

Post by irishmike » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:18 am

Interesting!
I've had that at times and thought something was amiss, good to know.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”