Leather Care & Restoration

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Leather Care & Restoration

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Does anywhere have any recommendation on where to get the seats etc a refresh? Mine are looking a little dry!

I'm around London/Sussex at the moment. So anyone with previous experience with anyone would help.
2007 RS4 Saloon; Mugello Blue

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Leather Care & Restoration

Post by Covkiller » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Use CIF cleaner, I cleaned my seats, steering wheel, gear nob, centre console, handbrake etc, the sh1t that comes off is incredible. And after the clean your car smells like new inside.

This is no joke, some people don't believe me.

Use only a pea size amount on a small area 6" in diameter on a wringed out rag then rinse and wipe off any residue.
You can then use leather seat restorer if you like but I didn't with no problems.
:thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

iduff
1st Gear

Post by iduff » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Never heard of it on this side of The Pond. Is this it? http://www.amazon.com/Cif-Professional- ... B000TAWBOY
B7 RS4 Sedan, Phantom Black Pearl
Valved non-resonated Milltek with 200-cell DPs, and JHM tune, 10mm spacers
B8.5 Allroad, Monsoon Grey
CPO, stock

Former Quattros
B5 S4 Sedan, C4 S6 Avant, Type 89 Coupe Quattro, Type 44 Quattro Sedan

blm70
3rd Gear

Post by blm70 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:30 pm

That's the stuff (used to be called Jif until about 2000) although it appears a bit expensive in your link - quick search on eBay.co.uk finds 3x500ml bottles for £6 inc p&p (US$9.) Linky
Current:
TT Mk1, 225 Quattro Misano Red, AmD map

Former:
RS6 Avant 2004, MRC Stage 1+, Bilstein Coilovers, Milltek & s/s downpipes
Saab 9000 Aero 1997, GT3071, Siemens Dekka 630s, Forge 50mm i/c, 3" downpipe, Maptun stainless header, Konis, Quaife lsd, a/c deleted, 4.05 ratio 'box, custom map, 470hp & 440lb/ft.
Saab 9-3 Aero Estate 2.8 v6 2006, 3" stainless downpipe & remap, 302hp & 380lb/ft.
Rouse Sport 304R Sapphire Cosworth 1990 (stock), 260hp & 300lb/ft.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:17 pm

I'd be a bit concerned it smelt like a bathroom after using it! It's quite abrasive too.

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Might give CIF a go as the interior in mine's looking a bit grubby. I used a Giptone kit when I bought the car 3 years ago and was very impressed.
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc stage2 manifold: Bmc filter :Black optics exhaust :kW springs :trups led lighting :10mm rear h&R spacers :front 8mm H&R spacers :Carbon front splitter,& oil cooler :Carbon seat backs :hel braided hoses :
Security viper alarm /tracker

Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:58 pm

#1Rs4 wrote:Try here

https://www.colourlock.com
Thanks, i'll look into them, have you used them personally?

Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:59 pm

jaysrs4 wrote:I'd be a bit concerned it smelt like a bathroom after using it! It's quite abrasive too.
Yeah, sounds like it would take the dirt off but also all of the natural oils in the leather too!!

I mainly just need someone to condition the leather and do a bit of magic on the driver bolster - mainly because i don't have the patience to do it myself.

audi_do_dat_den
3rd Gear

Post by audi_do_dat_den » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm

I swear by pears hand soap for cleaning everything.
A small bowl of warm water and work the soap into the water as if you were washing your hands in it... a medium soft nailbrush to work it into the leather, plastic trims and so on.... then use a damp sponge to wipe up the <beep>.
Then go over the leather with some auto glym conditioner.
The plastics and dash etc can be finished off with some armourall matt finish wipes once its all clean and dry....
Your hands will come up like brand new and you can use the soapy water bowl to dip yer scrotum in afterwards :bigblink:

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:37 pm

jaysrs4 wrote:I'd be a bit concerned it smelt like a bathroom after using it! It's quite abrasive too.
audi_do_dat_den wrote:I swear by pears hand soap for cleaning everything.
A small bowl of warm water and work the soap into the water as if you were washing your hands in it... a medium soft nailbrush to work it into the leather, plastic trims and so on.... then use a damp sponge to wipe up the <beep>.
The plastics and dash etc can be finished off with some armourall matt finish wipes once its all clean and dry....
Your hands will come up like brand new and you can use the soapy water bowl to dip yer scrotum in afterwards :bigblink:
I am sick and fuck1ng tired of people who doubt that CIF cleans your leather seats, bathroom sniffers and scrotum dippers. If you want to meet me and see my car then let me know and I'll be only too pleased to demonstrate what I am talking about. I'm at MRC tomorrow morning, so come along and lets have it out, twats.
:rant:
Last edited by Covkiller on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

seanwalker987
Neutral

Post by seanwalker987 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Covkiller wrote:
I am sick and fuck1ng tired of people who doubt that CIF cleans your leather seats, wankers. If you want to meet me and see my car then let me know and I'll be only too pleased to demonstrate what I am talking about. I'm at MRC tomorrow morning, so come along and lets have it out, twats.
Hahaha. This rant.

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:21 am

Jaheenormous wrote:
#1Rs4 wrote:Try here

https://www.colourlock.com
Thanks, i'll look into them, have you used them personally?

Yes used it on another car so can recommend no problem :thumbs:
This is the same stuff , when swissvax got busted for re labelling colourlock
as there own leather care gear , but with the inflated prices lol.
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc stage2 manifold: Bmc filter :Black optics exhaust :kW springs :trups led lighting :10mm rear h&R spacers :front 8mm H&R spacers :Carbon front splitter,& oil cooler :Carbon seat backs :hel braided hoses :
Security viper alarm /tracker

audi_do_dat_den
3rd Gear

Post by audi_do_dat_den » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:30 am

Covkiller wrote:
I am sick and fuck1ng tired of people who doubt that CIF cleans your leather seats, bathroom sniffers and scrotum dippers. If you want to meet me and see my car then let me know and I'll be only too pleased to demonstrate what I am talking about. I'm at MRC tomorrow morning, so come along and lets have it out, twats.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Obviously spends a lot of time in the bathroom with a bottle of Cif.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”