Wing mirrors and assorted advice please..

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Wing mirrors and assorted advice please..

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Boys,

I have noticed that some of you seem to be sporting rather natty wing RS4 silver mirrors that have two points of attachment to the window housing. Mine look different and although many other RS4 B7s have the type I have too I think I'd like to upgrade to the nattier ones.

Is this possible? How much and where's the best place to acquire them in your opinions.

Thank you all in advance for your help and what I am sure will also be some more witty retorts and banter that I have grown to enjoy being part of the forum.

Lady P

PS is there a sunny central Midlands meet suitable to entertain two of my better behaved kids, he who must obey me and of course my good self over the summer?
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

RS04YOB
4th Gear

Re: Wing mirrors and assorted advice please..

Post by RS04YOB » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Do you have a photo of the mirrors on your car be interest to see what you have and what you want to go to

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 pm

I want some like this but assume I need new mounting point?... (picture credit to FaisalJ as these are some he is selling)
Want these.jpg
I have these as this is my car...
image-3.jpg
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:14 pm

The ones on the RS4 cab are the same wing mirrors that are found on most of the B7 A4 range, they have the folding option.
The B7 RS4 saloon and avant mirrors in the picture you have attached are fixed and cannot fold so I would imagine you would need to also get a new mounting point. I'm not sure if it has been done before to a cab.

RS04YOB
4th Gear

Post by RS04YOB » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:I want some like this but assume I need new mounting point?... (picture credit to FaisalJ as these are some he is selling)
Want these.jpg
I have these as this is my car...
image-3.jpg

I know what you mean now is that Janet's old car you have

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:40 pm

I've got 2 spare mounting points too (the triangular base sections).

However, I still don't know if they'll work with a cab? Anyone?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Not sure if the Saloon/Avant mirrors fit the Cabriolet. I think that the rake of the windscreen is different and the A-pillars are thicker (roll over protection), so requires different mountings.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Thanks everyone for their advice. I had missed the fact the mirrors wouldn't fold and I quite like that function although as I type I am not quite sure why.. I have heard the windscreen is different in a cabriolet so that would make sense. Maybe I'll stick with what I have for now.

Goodnight all

x

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Is it worth just pulling them off and giving it a measure?

Then you can compare with Faisal's mountings.
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun May 01, 2016 12:29 am

Not quite central midlands but not far, Audis in the Park in northampton is a nice day out and my fave audi meeting of the year.

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Sun May 01, 2016 10:26 am

Audis in the park looks good. Am away on summer hols for this year's dates having just Googled it but will look to attend a future meet. Thank you..

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu May 05, 2016 9:12 pm

The cab doors and mirrors are different from the saloon and Avant so RS4 mirrors or mounting won't fit I'm afraid.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri May 06, 2016 3:41 am

Thank you all for the help.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”