8 Weeks In......

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
kevconn
2nd Gear

8 Weeks In......

Post by kevconn » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:59 am

Well, had the car 8 weeks now and loving it but it's costing me a fortune. I've had the wheels powdercoated Gloss black first of all:

Then after a oil change service i found out that there was a fault on the inlet manifold flaps so got in touch with Unit 20 and had that done yesterday, turned out to be the arms had worn that operate the flaps, not a cheap job but at least i know the cars right:

Now i find out that the oil cooler pipes are starting to seep oil ever so slightly so rather than go for an OEM cooler/pipes i've decided to have the upgraded Forge oil cooler fitted in a coople of weeks. Hopefully thats it :roll:

Massive thanks to Unit 20 too, quality service :thumbs:
Sprint Blue B7 RS4, Milltek, Resonator Delete, Bilstein Suspension, ITG Panel Filter, Forge Oil Cooler,BBS Alloys, Black Optics, Rear Tints, TRW Track Control Arms, Carbon Clean.

Frostie
3rd Gear

Re: 8 Weeks In......

Post by Frostie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Did you have the flaps removed, or replaced ? Not normally a fan of black wheels, but those look pretty special against the blue.
2007 black RS4 saloon. Bilstein Coilovers, MRC Re-map, Miltek non resonated valved exhaust with de-cats, Gruppe-M carbon induction, JHM manifold spacers, Stage 2 manifold, cold air feed.

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Post by ChrisW » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Some would argue that the Forge cooler pipes aren't exactly an upgrade either!

What were the symptoms of the dodgy flaps?
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:16 pm

I hope you got a carbon clean why they had the car apart.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

kevconn
2nd Gear

Post by kevconn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:08 am

Frostie wrote:Did you have the flaps removed, or replaced ? Not normally a fan of black wheels, but those look pretty special against the blue.
No mate, kept the flaps that's why i needed new flap arms.
ChrisW wrote:Some would argue that the Forge cooler pipes aren't exactly an upgrade either!

What were the symptoms of the dodgy flaps?
No symptoms other than it showing up on the ecu data that they were stuck open and it turned out to be worn arms. Would imagine that the forge cooler and pipes will be good for another 80k miles, it's peace of mind coz these are starting to weep.
docurley wrote:I hope you got a carbon clean why they had the car apart.
No i didn't bother, that would have been another days labour and it wasnt bad enough to warrant it, would have been back to normal in 6 months anyway from what i've read and been told
Sprint Blue B7 RS4, Milltek, Resonator Delete, Bilstein Suspension, ITG Panel Filter, Forge Oil Cooler,BBS Alloys, Black Optics, Rear Tints, TRW Track Control Arms, Carbon Clean.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”