RS4's and car seats.

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Human Joist
3rd Gear

Re: RS4's and car seats.

Post by Human Joist » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:14 am

Recaro sport all the way mate. Only thing that fitted in the S3, R32 and then the B5 RS4. My lad is now 6 and only on a booster. I do have a near perfect unmarked recaro sport never crashed child seat I no longer need I tempted to sell it as we have decided no more children.

Stairs
2nd Gear

Post by Stairs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:46 am

I dont care what any of blokes that have posted on this thread say, they are all talking bollocks... The only reason they bought a Recaro is the same reason I bought it.... It looks good in the car and matches the seats.

We have this one for the RS http://www.uberkids.co.uk/prams-travel- ... d-car-seat

I like this one as it has the ISO fix and the way the child is held in is by the bolster thing on the front, which I think some kids wouldn't like but I turned it into a game when we strap him in and he is fine, when he is bigger you take this out and its a normal belt situation.

The other car has the young sport hero like everyone else on here seams to have bought, it is pretty good and you have the proper harness.

I was battling the misses for some maxi cosy or britax thing, which at the end of the day they all meet the same safety standards it just depends on what you think is best for you... I like everyone else on here went with aesthetics!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 pm

FaisalJ wrote:As others have said, I'd imagine at 6 months old, you'd want them rear facing for a while yet.

My 3 year old is front facing now. I'm also a fan of the recaro seats, this is a monza nova 2 seatfix (isofix)

I use one of these under the ISO base and the Recaro kid seat.
http://www.uberkids.co.uk/Product.do?me ... oCU83w_wcB

I found if I didn't there'd be a massive depression and some scuffing on the leather. I recommend it.
No matter where you go, there you are.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:42 pm

bam_bam wrote: I use one of these under the ISO base and the Recaro kid seat.

I found if I didn't there'd be a massive depression and some scuffing on the leather. I recommend it.
Good call Bam, just ordered the same protector on amazon prime. Haven't noticed and depressions etc. but maybe that's because the seats keep coming in and out of the car to take rear passengers, but for £15 I may as well.
Stairs wrote:I dont care what any of blokes that have posted on this thread say, they are all talking bollocks... The only reason they bought a Recaro is the same reason I bought it.... It looks good in the car and matches the seats.
I mostly agree, I bought it because it looks cool!

But of course, I wouldn't have bought a particular seat if it wasn't also safe. The Monza Nova 2 and Monza Nova IS are both Which best buys. :thumbs:
Last edited by FaisalJ on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Only Mumsnet hates the Recaro kid seats.
No matter where you go, there you are.

edge
5th Gear

Post by edge » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Stairs wrote: I was battling the misses for some maxi cosy or britax thing, which at the end of the day they all meet the same safety standards it just depends on what you think is best for you... I like everyone else on here went with aesthetics!
They all meet the minimum safety requirements and nothing wrong with that.
bam_bam wrote:

I have these also, well recommend them!

murph7355
3rd Gear

Post by murph7355 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:57 am

To buck the trend a little...

I have a Recaro Young Sport in mine. My 3yr old likes it, but....

- it takes up a lot of room. Not a good thing with rear seat leg room at a premium in the RS4.
- the belts are a royal pain in the arse to tighten etc.

We have a Maxi Cosi Rodi Air Protect for him in the other cars and it's significantly more straightforward to use. But no good for a 6mth old.

He was using a Maxi Cosi Pearl up until using the Rodi and I think that would use up no more space than the Recaro (quite possibly less) and be easier to use.

They don't look as cool though :)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 pm

bam_bam wrote:
FaisalJ wrote:As others have said, I'd imagine at 6 months old, you'd want them rear facing for a while yet.

My 3 year old is front facing now. I'm also a fan of the recaro seats, this is a monza nova 2 seatfix (isofix)

Well that seat protector seems like an even better idea after today!

10min from home at the end of a 2hour drive and little man ejects his breakfast all over himself and the seat. It had to be porridge as well. Awesome.

Don't panic though people, his trousers and the seat took the brunt of it. The alcantara was unscathed! I also had bam's suggested protector in place too.

The cover on the base of the seat comes off pretty easily; jet wash and boiling hot wash later and all is ok.

I don't think I'll be having golden syrup porridge for a while though. Image
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

R4llye
1st Gear

Post by R4llye » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Having justified getting the Avant as a family car, I'm now sorting out a car seat for my 9 month old.

We've been looking at the options and for us keeping the seat rear facing for as long as possible is a must for the improved safety. Plus, I believe it's a legal requirement of driving on the continent now whereas it's just guidelines in the UK at the point.

The one that seems to tick the boxes for us is the Cybex Sirona. Good from birth to 4 years, the seat rotates 360 degrees and can be used forward facing of needed. But a big plus is the fact it swivels sideways for easy loading/unloading. As with all rear facing seats the front passenger seat does need to be fairly far forward, but it seems to be on of the most compact rear facing ones too.

i'm just glad you can get different colours to the god awful bright orange!

rs_fiesta
Neutral

Post by rs_fiesta » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:03 am

R4llye wrote:Having justified getting the Avant as a family car, I'm now sorting out a car seat for my 9 month old.

We've been looking at the options and for us keeping the seat rear facing for as long as possible is a must for the improved safety. Plus, I believe it's a legal requirement of driving on the continent now whereas it's just guidelines in the UK at the point.

The one that seems to tick the boxes for us is the Cybex Sirona. Good from birth to 4 years, the seat rotates 360 degrees and can be used forward facing of needed. But a big plus is the fact it swivels sideways for easy loading/unloading. As with all rear facing seats the front passenger seat does need to be fairly far forward, but it seems to be on of the most compact rear facing ones too.

i'm just glad you can get different colours to the god awful bright orange!
That's what I have in my Cupra R,pass seat needs moving forward so you loose leg room,but gets voted one of the safest child seats so that's why we got it.
Was wondering if it would be a problem with rs4 wing backs as might be getting one soon

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:07 pm

RSMumsnet..... Loving it boys.

x
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:36 pm

I can't believe some of you don't use seat protectors. I've had 1 under every baby seat for the last 13 years.
And Faisal has Alcantara seats!

FaisalJ
Cruising

RS4's and car seats.

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:38 am

MikeFish wrote:I can't believe some of you don't use seat protectors. I've had 1 under every baby seat for the last 13 years.
And Faisal has Alcantara seats!
I saw the error of my ways after bam mentioned that seat protector he recommended, I got the same type off amazon a couple of days after he mentioned it!

RS-Dadsnet thank you very much lady P. Lots of Dads on here, seeing as the Audi RS4 and 6 are (in my opinion) the ultimate Dad-mobiles!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”