RS4 Thoughts and Advice

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
114uyc
2nd Gear

RS4 Thoughts and Advice

Post by 114uyc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:38 pm

Sorry for the repost but in the right section this time ((thanks Surrey Sam))..I am going to look at these two http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 185265?v=b http://www.0260cars.com/used-cars/detai ... vant-U173/ any thoughts ? spec ok anything missing ??

Matty
1st Gear

Re: RS4 Thoughts and Advice

Post by Matty » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:25 am

Hey fella
Can't load the first link but the second grey one looks superb. Great example and has all the favoured features of buckets and flat bottom steering wheel etc( not necessarily multi function)... But that's advertising for you. I see you just joined the forum... Is this your first RS4?
2007 Black RS4 Avant | Black Optics | Pioneer AVIC-F20BT Navigation AV System | Full Interior / Exterior LED Kit (Trups) | 19" Team Dynamics Le Mans Gloss Anthracite Alloys | 12mm Bimecc Hubcentric Spacers all round

114uyc
2nd Gear

Post by 114uyc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 am

Hi Matty
Yes my first RS4, well it may be if all goes well over the weekend !!

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 am

Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:49 pm

Both look very similar in spec, mileage and condition. Is it really worth an extra £5k to buy from an Independent Dealer? I personally don't think so, all you'll be getting is perhaps a 6 month warranty. You could buy a 12 month warranty for about £1200 from warrantydirect or similar outfit and still save a fortune.

It obviously depends on the condition and maintenance history of each car so worth going to see them both and drive them.

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:58 pm

I bought my RS4 (cabriolet) for less than the second and it had less miles. There seems to be a price premium being charged by the dealer sold one for the fact it is 42,000 miles and sold by him (I assume it's a him..) as opposed to the private sale of a 52,000 mile car.

I like the private sale, you'll get a feel for the owner too and it's a much better price IMHO

x
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:I like the private sale, you'll get a feel of the owner...
...ahuh, go on.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:52 pm

They both look good, the private one is probably better value. It needs a wheel refurb though, they're well kerbed. Check the discs for wear, they're likely to be the original ones and I had to change mine at about 50k. New pads and discs are about £1800 if fitted by a main dealer. I replaced mine myself. Other things to check are the oil cooler pipes, aux rads and DRC for leaks. There's plenty of advice on here that I found invaluable when looking for one, just use the search function.
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:07 pm

I could be wrong but the private car looks to have the later 2010+ sat nav.

Matty
1st Gear

Post by Matty » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:05 am

Welcome to the forum my friend. There's significant expertise to be had on here but at the end of the day you'll go with your heart. Bottom line, these B7s are magnificent cars but enter into it with eyes wide open... They are 10 years old and they come with a cost of ownership... But the thrill of owning one outweighs any expense. Whatever one you you buy is the right decision because you felt it was right. Go and enjoy !
2007 Black RS4 Avant | Black Optics | Pioneer AVIC-F20BT Navigation AV System | Full Interior / Exterior LED Kit (Trups) | 19" Team Dynamics Le Mans Gloss Anthracite Alloys | 12mm Bimecc Hubcentric Spacers all round

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:40 am

I'd want to go see the privately advertised one as a priority. You can get a better idea of how well looked after it has been than the one at a trader, as you get to talk to the owner and ask them about the usual maintenance issues. Have a look at the buying guide sticky if you haven't already, covers all the usual issues.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:14 am

MikeFish wrote:I could be wrong but the private car looks to have the later 2010+ sat nav.

I agree Mike, in fact I'd say they both have one fitted.

These were my ramblings in the original welcome thread:
Car 1 (private)

Looks to be a wife/weekend car, so all the wheels need refurbishing but it's refreshing to see a full Audi history still on the car, also it needs an OS fog light. Give the interior condition a thorough check over, as that's where the wear will be. Spec wise, it looks to have a good one with sunroof, FBSW, bucket seats, black optics, auto lights, auto wipers, dimming rear view mirror, centre armrest, black headlining(?), it also has Piano Black inlays instead of the more preferred Carbon version. From looking at the pictures it may have the SS+ suspension option, so check the sticker located in the front of the service history booklet for the build code 2ME (standard suspension is 2MC).

Other observation is that it has a 2010+ RNSe (£1200 retrofit) and a parrot phone kit - I'd personally rip out the parrot kit and get an OEM Bluetooth module fitted instead. The good thing with a 2010+RNSe is the unit can have Audi's AMI module retrofitted and coded to replace the CD changer - this then gives you full USB/Apple integration through the head unit. Only strange thing is that it doesn't look to have a perforated leather gearshift knob to match the steering wheel, instead it looks like a suede one that's worn smooth and the matching steering wheel replaced with a second hand perforated one.

Car 2 (dealer)

Great mileage and getting rare now, hence the premium price.

Spec is near identical to the private car except for Sunroof and suspension - looks like this one has the standard 2MC option. It has the Carbon inlays and the light headlining which I personally don't like as much - others do however. Interestingly this also has benefited from a 2010 RNSe retrofit; this time the client/installer decided to have the newer gloss black screen surround and chrome control dials, rather than retain the original items like done in the private car.

Hope that helps a bit, nothing beats going and getting a feel for them though.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:49 pm

I'd ring the Audi spec team on Monday. 0800 542 3037

If you give them both registrations they will be able to confirm factory spec and any Audi service history (providing the service was input into the system as a service, which often it isn't if the owner is having other work done).

Both look good. Check the interior pictures are of the car in question and hence 2010+ RNSE is actually in the car. :bigblink:

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
MikeFish wrote:I could be wrong but the private car looks to have the later 2010+ sat nav.
I agree Mike, in fact I'd say they both have one fitted.
Just look at the second button from the left - on a Mk1 RNS-E it says CD/TV on a EU model or CD/SD on a US model; on a Mk2 RNS-E it says MEDIA.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 pm

That's what made me think it was a mk2. However, when I swapped my fascias over I left the buttons and knobs as they were so I have an mk1 with a media button and silver knobs.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”