map wihout C Clean

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: map wihout C Clean

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:24 am

That's what I'd have thought, Carbon buikd up alone would put you around the 370-380 mark I'd have thought. What fuel are running, is it always run on SUL?

I'm sure MRC will get you the best figures they can.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:That's what I'd have thought, Carbon buikd up alone would put you around the 370-380 mark I'd have thought. What fuel are running, is it always run on SUL?

I'm sure MRC will get you the best figures they can.
I know mate, left car with them for clean flap mod etc on Dougs advice! Kicking about Oxford right now killing time! Not planned so good to get this fitted in should have just listened and booked it all as advised : )
Fingers crossed it will feel as it should end of day!!!
Doug did say no vac leaks! Hate to say though, 95ron most of the time... I know I know...
Cheers
D

davers6
3rd Gear

Post by davers6 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:51 pm

daveb77 wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:That's what I'd have thought, Carbon buikd up alone would put you around the 370-380 mark I'd have thought. What fuel are running, is it always run on SUL?

Doug did say no vac leaks! Hate to say though, 95ron most of the time... I know I know...
Cheers
D

That says it all :bash:

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 pm

davers6 wrote:
daveb77 wrote:

Cheers
D

That says it all :bash:
Amazed at the difference it can make!!! I'll get my coat! Genuinely though the 95 is more handy by a fair few miles but will plan my top ups better in future!
Drive home will take care of the 95...!
D

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Yeah SUL can be hard to get in Wales & Scotland. I got caught out once and had to put £20 of 95 in, to get me onto the next petrol station. Ten miles down the road and the car felt flater than Keira Knightley.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

FaisalJ
Cruising

map wihout C Clean

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:41 pm

I believe the car will pull ignition timing pronto on 95, as it will with carbon buildup. Ask Doug, is your timing fully retarded by any chance? They've probably already looked at that if they had it on the dyno.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 pm

FaisalJ wrote:I believe the car will pull ignition timing pronto on 95, as it will with carbon buildup. Ask Doug, is your timing fully retarded by any chance? They've probably already looked at that if they had it on the dyno.
Just heading back there just now but yep sounds just what Diug suggested, combo of carbon and pi5h fuel!
Spending more than I intended today but fingers crossed it will bring smiles!
Cheers guys,
D

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Carbon clean done some images to share later, shockingly good example of before after! On rollers now, don't know why I'm updating all the time, just excited I suppose : )
Will be mapped for SUL and I'll man up next fill!
D

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:53 pm

daveb77 wrote:Carbon clean done some images to share later, shockingly good example of before after! On rollers now, don't know why I'm updating all the time, just excited I suppose : )
Will be mapped for SUL and I'll man up next fill!
D
Keep the updates coming!Image

I was pretty excited too picking mine up after a clean!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:29 pm

daveb77 wrote:Hate to say though, 95ron most of the time... I know I know...
That's worth more bhp than CC :drink:
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:49 am

snapshot of pics showing example of Cc... All valves were much the same:

On my embarrassing 95 ron effort car made 428 post Cc stage 2 (pre cats gutted) and manifold flap mod. Drive home has emptied the tank though so off to Tescos for shopping today!

Only drove on long haul home but it really is night and day, no exaggeration..., will get out and about today for a 'normal' feel for the beast but wow!

Front brake judder when lightly tapping the brake is extreme now though, always something!!! then tyres : )
Least its mechanically (under hood) perfect now!
D

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:52 am

Carbon doesn't look too bad actually.

Any chance you could manage a 3000-8000 test in 3rd on flat ground? Just tape it with your phone or smth and check the times afterwards.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:28 am

So that's about a 70ps increase from a CC and stage 2 :thumbs:

As said previously. That carbon doesn't look to bad compared to a few I've seen. Looks pretty much on a par with mine which I recently cleaned (73k miles)

Get some SUL in the tank and go out and enjoy it :mrgreen:

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:02 am

Going to stop updating this and other similar post until i get proper miles under my belt, but so far the work has transformed the motor, really please so far. Brake judder letting me down but thats for another day. Car is so eager just wants to pull. Looking forward to a proper A / B road blast. Sounds louder / deeper too, maybe a placebo but worthy of a clyde tunnel run after the gym this morning i think : ).
Interesting that when pressing sports mode (or back to non sport) that there seems a second or so delay in the switch if that make sense. Press Sport, tap pedal, just the same, tap pedal again and its on it! Not the best description ill detail better next post...
Fuel wise, my local Tesco, where i thought had one of these Essso franchise's actually does Tesco Fuel, and with todays prices I've filled up with SUL at a whopping 104p/l... Wow! Its the future : ) Head in shame on this one. I do pass a Shell each day but they dont do top end Petrol, just Derv which is prob due to it being right at M8 junction for the rep's...
Im still interested at the comments on Carbon build up, looked terrible to me but must say Doug and his Mechanic did say looked 'normal'...
Cheers
D

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:19 am

Regarding the delay, I've noticed if I'm already on the gas pedal and switch on sports mode, the sharper throttle response only takes effect after I've completely come off the pedal (so next time I touch it).

Tesco 99 is good stuff!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”