Exhaust Help

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
birdiemachine
4th Gear

Exhaust Help

Post by birdiemachine » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Need some advice guys,

Firstly, does anyone want to swap a non-res milltek for a tubi rumore plus cash?

Secondly, my current setup is gruppe m, gutted pre cats, milltek sports cats, milltek non-res, i would like it louder.

Would decats and a tubi rumore be a good combo?

Is eurospares the offical tubi supplier?

Any other advice?

Cheers

Niall

R1RS4
5th Gear

Re: Exhaust Help

Post by R1RS4 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:26 pm

If you want it louder than a non res Miltek have you considered straight through pipes "manifold to rear"

One way you could cancel out the other half :biggrin3: :blackrs4: :FIREdevil:
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:31 pm

I was thinking that might be simpler and probably be a lot cheaper than a tubi. Has anyone ever completely straight piped a b7 rs4, would it be a bit too much?

Cheers

iduff
1st Gear

Post by iduff » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Yikes. My non-res Milltek is plenty loud now, enough that i'm setting off car alarms. Are there noise limits Over There? If mine were any louder, I'm almost certain I'd be having periodic chats with the boys in blue.

Ah, "Professional driver on a closed course, kids, do not try this at home" <grin>. More power to ya.
B7 RS4 Sedan, Phantom Black Pearl
Valved non-resonated Milltek with 200-cell DPs, and JHM tune, 10mm spacers
B8.5 Allroad, Monsoon Grey
CPO, stock

Former Quattros
B5 S4 Sedan, C4 S6 Avant, Type 89 Coupe Quattro, Type 44 Quattro Sedan

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_7cszMGayk

Judging by that vid id say it would be too much for everyday driving, god knows what the drone would be like on that. You'd probably be deaf within 6 months. :shock:

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Hey Niall,

Thought about going the custom exhaust route?

I'm not sure if you have any good fabricators in NI, but if you were in England someone like JC Weldfab would be able to build an exhaust for you to your requirements. They can retain the valve function too if you want, so you can go between stupid loud and just loud.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:45 pm

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:20 pm

birdiemachine wrote:I was thinking that might be simpler and probably be a lot cheaper than a tubi. Has anyone ever completely straight piped a b7 rs4, would it be a bit too much?

Cheers
I had straight through pipes from the manifold with non valved rear back boxes and it was dire, it was epically loud, when I went to view the car before I bought it I heard it coming from 3 streets away.

I have a JC Weldfab on now with race cats and valved rear back boxes, plenty loud for me.
Mikefish had a Tubi on his at one point, that was loud, I think he now has gone back to a standard exhaust with gutted precats.

To get yours louder I think your only option is to change the back boxes as everything else is done, have you asked a local exhaust fabricator how much they could knock one up for to your spec, ie with as little packing as possible. Or open up your Miltek back boxes and remove some of the packing, it will be monstrously cheaper than a Tubi.
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys, i guess i need to make my mind up. Unfortunately in northern ireland we don't have anyone with the same reputation as jc weldfab, i would like a custom made one.

Tubi is £1600, still trying to decide if it is worth the outlay i might be better spending the cash on petrol and holidays :boohoo: :boohoo:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:53 pm

What is not very clear until you get to the check out is that the Tubi is £1600 PLUS VAT making it nearer £2k for the back boxes alone. If you want to mate it to milltek centre sections to make a cat back exhaust you will need to cut the tubis to make it mate with the milltek.

Go listen to some of the videos in my build thread. I cant link them here as I'm on my phone at the moment. It is really loud and I still had the main cats. Sounds good, but trust me when I say it is too loud. I have been told by MRC that it is louder than an RS4 with no exhaust connected. Forget trying to have a conversation in the car; you just end up shouting at each other. My old one is probably sitting in someone's garage now.
I now have the standard exhaust with the centre section deleted.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:31 pm

This is all you need. Plus gutted cats and a stage 2 MRC tune
With the money you save on the exhaust your well on your way, it's what I would do

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:56 pm

RIV wrote:
With the money you save on the exhaust your well on your way, it's what I would do
^^^^^Exactly this. After all the money I've spent on various configurations of exhaust etc this is what I am happiest with and wish somebody had told me this 5 years ago.

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:11 pm

MikeFish wrote:What is not very clear until you get to the check out is that the Tubi is £1600 PLUS VAT making it nearer £2k for the back boxes alone. If you want to mate it to milltek centre sections to make a cat back exhaust you will need to cut the tubis to make it mate with the milltek.

Go listen to some of the videos in my build thread. I cant link them here as I'm on my phone at the moment. It is really loud and I still had the main cats. Sounds good, but trust me when I say it is too loud. I have been told by MRC that it is louder than an RS4 with no exhaust connected. Forget trying to have a conversation in the car; you just end up shouting at each other. My old one is probably sitting in someone's garage now.
You had the tubi rumore yea mike?

My old golf r32 had a straight pipe and longlife system it was ridiculous. I set off with the other half to head from just outside belfast to a place called Doonbeg in Clare to get engaged (she didn't know this yet), we stopped at a service station and there was a b&q nearby, she dandered in (i thought nothing different as she likes plants/flowers etc) i was having a smoke waiting on her, she came back with a set of ear defenders and wore them for the rest of the 500 mile journey :beerchug: :beerchug:

Its just so hard trying to gauge off youtube videos what sounds the best.

Thanks for all the replies though fellas.

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 pm

MikeFish wrote:
RIV wrote:
^^^^^Exactly this. After all the money I've spent on various configurations of exhaust etc this is what I am happiest with and wish somebody had told me this 5 years ago.
ps mike if you want to sell your tubi i would be willing to give it a go!!!

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:13 pm

sounds very very good rick, what kind of setup is this you're running?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”