Johnsimister's track weapon!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
TAB1S
3rd Gear

Johnsimister's track weapon!

Post by TAB1S » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Not anyone on here I presume?
I don't quite understand the whole cat B thing, always thought it had to be crushed.
Surely can't be that light of damage if it is cat b.
All i want is those brakes!!
Last edited by TAB1S on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: Anyone seen this poor daytona on ebay?

Post by Ian_C » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Agreed, somethings not quite right?
B5 B6 B7 B9

gilly
2nd Gear

Post by gilly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Category A: scrap only. For cars so badly damaged they should be crushed and never re-appear on the road. Even salvageable parts must be destroyed.

Category B: body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

Category C: the vehicle is repairable but the costs exceed the vehicle’s value. Can re-appear on road.

Category D: the vehicle is repairable but repair costs are significant compared to the vehicle value – including time delays to source parts. Can re-appear on road.
Misano Red| Black Optics| Black alloys| Black mirrors| Full CC at MRC| MRC Stage 2 Manifold| MRC Stage 2 Remap| De-Catted| KW V3 with H&R Fr & rear ARB| H&R Hubcentric spacers 8mm Fr, 10mm rear| A few choice CF goodies to go on|

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:57 pm

That's some heavy brake dust on the front wheels. :biggrin3:

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:20 pm

The whole back end looks out of shape. Look at the boot lid top left. NSRQ out too.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-34743669
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeah. They look remarkably like 8 pots painted grey to me (I could be wrong though as I am only viewing on my phone lol)

Fraser RS4
Neutral

Post by Fraser RS4 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:45 am

RichieRS wrote:Yeah. They look remarkably like 8 pots painted grey to me (I could be wrong though as I am only viewing on my phone lol)
Been on ebay via the computer and had a good close look at the brakes. I have to agree with RichieRS, they are the regular 8pots painted silver. No way are they the ceramic brake setup.
Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost.

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:22 am

Fraser RS4 wrote:
RichieRS wrote:Yeah. They look remarkably like 8 pots painted grey to me (I could be wrong though as I am only viewing on my phone lol)
Been on ebay via the computer and had a good close look at the brakes. I have to agree with RichieRS, they are the regular 8pots painted silver. No way are they the ceramic brake setup.
Lol v good spot Richie! Never thought anyone would ever try that move and get away with it!!
It must have the ceramic sticker therefore they are ceramics.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:59 am

TAB1S wrote:
Fraser RS4 wrote:
Lol v good spot Richie! Never thought anyone would ever try that move and get away with it!!
It must have the ceramic sticker therefore they are ceramics.
Fraser RS4 wrote:
I was looking at the general shape and the way that the central 2 pots where either side of the sticker, whereas the ceramics have a pot dead centre to the caliper!!!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:05 pm

No link? I gotta go search on ebay to see it?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 pm

marc1 wrote:That's some heavy brake dust on the front wheels. :biggrin3:
Looks like they have put a new wheel on at the point of impact. The other 3 wheels are painted a darker colour.

Youngben
4th Gear

Post by Youngben » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:33 pm

This is my old car. If you remember i refurbished the brakes in the same grey as ceramics.

Such a shame and hurts seeing such a good example in that condition.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Oh my word! You only sold it about a year ago? Wow, its had a hard 12 months! :bash:
B5 B6 B7 B9

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Ian_C wrote:Oh my word! You only sold it about a year ago? Wow, its had a hard 12 months! :bash:
Really? Other than the crash damage it looks to be in pretty good condition with plenty of history.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”