Promising everything returning nothing (ast-revolution)

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Rick_RS4
Cruising

Promising everything returning nothing (ast-revolution)

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:47 pm

So I've had my coilovers on order with ast for nearly 3 months being given a cock and bull story about problems with the kit. So I finally cancel on Wednesday and order with a nice chap from revolution who say next day or Friday latest. Return home today and nothing. Call revolution who say bilstein had a big order and missed mine off. Joy. Sent out today but no next day delivery as compensation as they missed them off. No they sent them out for Mondays delivery. I'm busy in the week I only get weekends to work on my car and it will soon be cold and miserable out there.
I was all geared up to fit them tomorrow and had a couple of mates to come over to help get it sorted.

Wtf is going on?

Just want my car rolling again ffs.

RIV
Cruising

Re: Promising everything returning nothing (ast-revolution)

Post by RIV » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Should have got KW's
Better than bilsteins IMO

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Are you still RS-less then? That sucks! I've used Revolution a few times and have nothing but good stuff to say about them so it must really suck you've been unfortunate.
But unfortunately being a trailblazer and trying new stuff more often than not comes with a price which ylu are now paying by being car less. How long since you last drove it?

Revolution
Trader (Expired)

Post by Revolution » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:So I've had my coilovers on order with ast for nearly 3 months being given a cock and bull story about problems with the kit. So I finally cancel on Wednesday and order with a nice chap from revolution who say next day or Friday latest. Return home today and nothing. Call revolution who say bilstein had a big order and missed mine off. Joy. Sent out today but no next day delivery as compensation as they missed them off. No they sent them out for Mondays delivery. I'm busy in the week I only get weekends to work on my car and it will soon be cold and miserable out there.
I was all geared up to fit them tomorrow and had a couple of mates to come over to help get it sorted.

Wtf is going on?

Just want my car rolling again ffs.
Hi Rick

I really would like to reply to this and apologise again for the delay, as I said on Wednesday afternoon when you ordered we did not have the kit on the shelf here so were getting Bilstein to ship direct to you. I understand that you are frustrated having had a previous long delay from previous AST and unfortunately the kit was delayed leaving Bilstein but will be with you Monday (it will be on a next day however it is a working next day). Again our/my sincerest apologies and I hope you have your car back up and running soon.

CheeRS

Little Glen
http://www.revolution247.com

2016 RS3
2018 VW Tiguan
2010 Smart fourtwo

Sold but never forgotten:
2014 RS4 Sepang Blue
2015 VW Golf-R
1995 Subaru Impreza Series McRae
2012 RS3 Sepang Blue
RS4 B7 Avant Daytona
2002 Renault Avantime V6
2006 2-door Impreza STi
2009 TT TDi Quattro
10 Subaru's inc 22B type UK
Renault Clio V6 MK2
Civic Type-R's Mk1, 2 and 3
Renault Spider, Lotus Exige MK1
Renault Clio 197, Renault Clio Williams MK1
205 GTi 1.6 & 1.9 Gutmann

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Its all good at revolution !!! The lads are spot on there, and im sure glen doing all he can to help with issue(top bloke)10/10 for customer satisfaction from me :thumbs:

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah still rs4 less .

I just wanted to vent some anger. Revolution have always been good and customer service good too. I did pay over what the shocks were advertised on their online Shop too ha ha.

My main vent was at ast then getting geared up ready this weekend hoping the car would be rolling

I know it's out their powers but I hate when company's say a day and it's always days/months off, just say at the start they will be a while.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:10 pm

I have seen a few posts on forum venting there anger at AST..dont know them and havent dealt with them but 3 months takes the urine...i take my hat off at you for waiting 3 months but if it had been me it would of been 2 weeks then i would of told them to shove it :biggrin3:

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Wow, harsh post. Slight difference between having suspension on order from AST from July and them not delivering in THREE MONTHS, and then ordering from Revolution and them taking an additional 24 hours lol
B5 B6 B7 B9

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:17 pm

geordie jay wrote:I have seen a few posts on forum venting there anger at AST..dont know them and havent dealt with them but 3 months takes the urine...i take my hat off at you for waiting 3 months but if it had been me it would of been 2 weeks then i would of told them to shove it :biggrin3:
i know it was boiling my pee, but they were meant to be awesome, just the tool behind the uk dealer, every time i called he said it was being made so i thought id hang on

Ian_C wrote:Wow, harsh post. Slight difference between having suspension on order from AST from July and them not delivering in THREE MONTHS, and then ordering from Revolution and them taking an additional 24 hours lol
if someone says it will be day X and you plan to do things on that day and nothing arrives then that is what i dont like. if they say a week as they are busy just to get my order then thats fine

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:58 pm

I'd say you got a pretty fair service from those chaps ,
Frustrating, When you have planned ahead ..id be happy with there honesty

& believe me I Have dealt with some <beep> tuners
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc stage2 manifold: Bmc filter :Black optics exhaust :kW springs :trups led lighting :10mm rear h&R spacers :front 8mm H&R spacers :Carbon front splitter,& oil cooler :Carbon seat backs :hel braided hoses :
Security viper alarm /tracker

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:13 pm

#1Rs4 wrote:I'd say you got a pretty fair service from those chaps ,
Frustrating, When you have planned ahead ..id be happy with there honesty

& believe me I Have dealt with some <beep> tuners
yeah i was harsh and it just got on top of me, they have excellent customer service, i was just frustrated,

roll on monday

Daz_C
1st Gear

Post by Daz_C » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 am

I had the exact same issue with Ast a fair few years back, I was having some custom shocks made for my track car. I waited abit longer than 3 months before I threw the towel in. F@ckin Useless.
Sprint Blue Rs4 (B7) is now my weekend toy :-)
Tweeked 16v 205gti is my DRT(dedicated Ring Toy) and always will be ! Awesome track toy.

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:21 am

AST are renowned for taking forever to build their kits. I had a set of 2 ways for my track car ordered for nearly 5 months before I eventually cancelled and went with with Leda. They are incredibly knowledgable and their setups are very good just a shame they suck at timelines

Revolution are a good bunch, been using them since they were down on the river. They were incredibly apologetic when my service booking wasnt booked in, mistakes happen, such is life.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Well Mondays come and NOTHING

DON'T PROMISE SHI T YOU CAN'T DELIVER

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Oh s*itty!!! When i ordered my KW's they where with me with in 48hrs! Not through revolution tho. :thumbsdown:
Unlucky mate
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”