Anyone else think they will never sell

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MartayMcFly
5th Gear

Re: Anyone else think they will never sell

Post by MartayMcFly » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Ellis wrote:
MartayMcFly wrote:I used to think I'd never sell this one...
What are you moving onto next?
RS6 coming next year.
2001 8L S3 - sold
2008 8P2 S3 - sold
2007 B7 RS4 - sold
2006 B7 RS4 (supercharged) - sold
2016 C7 RS6 - sold
2015 8V RS3 Stage 3 - sold
2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

harding
3rd Gear

Post by harding » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:39 pm

I will never sell. I drive my RS4 only summertime and A3 1.8t during winter.
Goal is RS4 winter time and R8 V10 summer! Both blacked out :FIREdevil:

.....so looking forward to when i win the lottery!
Audi RS4 Avant
[2014]: blacked out wheels & grill: center res delete : flaps open
[2015]: brembo & yellowstuff : michelin pss : h&r spacers
[2016]: sachs performance clutch : decoked : led there be light : black window trim
[2017]: stertman stage 1 : black headlights & clear corner mod : gruppe m air intake : gutted resonators

nij
4th Gear

Post by nij » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:46 pm

harding wrote:Goal is RS4 winter time and R8 V10 summer! Both blacked out :FIREdevil:
I thought I would never sell, but it's looking likely that I will have to.

My RS4 have only done 43,500 miles in over 8 years of ownership and I thought it would be a keeper. Now that my new toy has arrived, I have run out of space and it’s currently parked up at a relative's garages. I have always said that the only car that would tempt me out of my RS4 would be the R8.
Attachments
IMG_3830_2.jpg
Phantom Black R8 V10 plus, Capristo Exhaust
Phantom Black (B7) RS4 Saloon, MRC Stage 2
Mercedes E-Coupe 350CDi

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

nij wrote:
harding wrote:Goal is RS4 winter time and R8 V10 summer! Both blacked out :FIREdevil:

My RS4 have only done 43,500 miles in over 8 years of ownership and I thought it would be a keeper. Now that my new toy has arrived, I have run out of space and it’s currently parked up at a relative's garages. I have always said that the only car that would tempt me out of my RS4 would be the R8.

Not jealous at all :mrgreen:

That's a stunning R8 but it's an equally stunning RS with a great spec and seriously low mileage. Someone's gonna get a cracking motor when you do sell up!!

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:25 pm

For the right money id sell mine tomorrow . good cars but theres plenty of others to try too

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:00 pm

nij wrote:

Congrats mate. More pics of the R8 please.

nij
4th Gear

Post by nij » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:31 pm

The weather had been pretty poor since I've had the car, but here's one from a couple of weeks ago.
Attachments
IMG_3790_2.jpg
Phantom Black R8 V10 plus, Capristo Exhaust
Phantom Black (B7) RS4 Saloon, MRC Stage 2
Mercedes E-Coupe 350CDi

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Post by ChrisW » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:37 pm

May this be a lesson to you all.

Ive had my RS4 for a little over a year now, it was quite simply love at first site. I joined this forum way back in 2005, so the intention to own something from the RS stable has always been there. A little under a year later I get itchy feet, mainly brought on by spending big on keeping it in tip top shape. I walked into a BMW dealer and ordered a 430d after initially wanting an M235i. I took delivery of the BMW at the beginning of September.

Now, nearly 3 months on I've come to the realisation that Ive made a huge mistake. I rang the dealer and asked if they would buy it off me, yes they said, for £10k less than what you paid for it. To settle up with BMW financial services id have to put in another 6k after already being 4k into the deal.

Ive still got the Audi, but there's no way I can afford to keep both especially now my Disco 4 needs replacing. The result, i'm reluctantly having to sell the B7 as I simply cannot stomach losing £10k in 2 months. I'll ride out this current deal on the BMW, which, isn't such a chore as it is a very nice car, but it lacks soul.

Im now telling myself I'll buy a B8 in a few years time, but I've learned a very valuable lesson from all this, and that is appreciate what you have, the grass isn't always greener.. (I hope my misses reads that haha).
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

Briggy
2nd Gear

Post by Briggy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:42 pm

ChrisW wrote:May this be a lesson to you all.

Ive had my RS4 for a little over a year now, it was quite simply love at first site. I joined this forum way back in 2005, so the intention to own something from the RS stable has always been there. A little under a year later I get itchy feet, mainly brought on by spending big on keeping it in tip top shape. I walked into a BMW dealer and ordered a 430d after initially wanting an M235i. I took delivery of the BMW at the beginning of September.

Now, nearly 3 months on I've come to the realisation that Ive made a huge mistake. I rang the dealer and asked if they would buy it off me, yes they said, for £10k less than what you paid for it. To settle up with BMW financial services id have to put in another 6k after already being 4k into the deal.

Ive still got the Audi, but there's no way I can afford to keep both especially now my Disco 4 needs replacing. The result, i'm reluctantly having to sell the B7 as I simply cannot stomach losing £10k in 2 months. I'll ride out this current deal on the BMW, which, isn't such a chore as it is a very nice car, but it lacks soul.

Im now telling myself I'll buy a B8 in a few years time, but I've learned a very valuable lesson from all this, and that is appreciate what you have, the grass isn't always greener.. (I hope my misses reads that haha).
Erm, surely you've already lost the money on the BMW, whether you send it back or not? Why not take the hit and keep the car you want? Imagine if you put you monthly payments on the BMW towards maintaining the RS4? Also, how much will the BMW lose compared to the RS4 over the repayment term?

We're all biased towards the RS4 on this forum, but I hope my points are objective.

Cheers,
Bryan

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Post by ChrisW » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:26 pm

The balloon on the BMW is £16k, I'm paying £505/month on a £47k car - I achieved a £7.5k discount (2k deposit contribution and 5.5k off price of car) so the purchase price was £40k. Factoring in interest on the PCP the cost over 4 years is £27k or about £6,750 per year.

The RS4 cost £23k in Oct last year, its currently up for sale at £19,650. Ive spent nearly £6k on it in repairs and bits and bobs to keep it sweet, Ive also spent money on wheels and suspension. If I sold it tomorrow the car would have cost me about £9k in a year.

In 4 years time though, I'll still have an RS4 that'll be worth something, as oppose to just handing back a BMW and having nothing.

I love man maths.
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 pm

thinking back to this thread I wrote, if I was to sell, what do you guys think I could realistically ask/get for mine with the below spec? Obviously the mileage will hurt it but I need to get a house so trying to work out finances.

2007 Black Saloon
122k miles
3 Owners
Tech pack (auto wipers, lights, coming home)
race cloth buckets
carbon trim - black headliner
cooler in glove box
ipod lead
full service history, all Audi except last one at MRC
MRC Stage 2
K/W lowering springs
Gun Metal alloys (could do with a refurb)
Milltek non res, non valved

thanks as always
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Good thread this, thanks for bumping it. To answer your question I think your car would fetch 13k with the history and spec it has.

I have just re-read this thread and the having owned my car for a short space of time it has quickly become apparent that you can't put a price on the feeling you get when you drive these cars. Worth every penny imo, I feel good driving it and when I get out I cannot stop looking back at it, it's a great feeling.

Here's to many more years of ownership.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

iduff
1st Gear

Post by iduff » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Further, what could replace it? My requirements include AWD with three diffs/non-Haldex, mechanical emergency brake, and three pedals. :blackrs4:

Subie? I don't think so... :assflash: X-Drive? Doubtful... :bash:
B7 RS4 Sedan, Phantom Black Pearl
Valved non-resonated Milltek with 200-cell DPs, and JHM tune, 10mm spacers
B8.5 Allroad, Monsoon Grey
CPO, stock

Former Quattros
B5 S4 Sedan, C4 S6 Avant, Type 89 Coupe Quattro, Type 44 Quattro Sedan

rocket1
4th Gear

Post by rocket1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:51 pm

I always say i would never sell mine but were in the process of moving to a better house which has an integral garage rather than the damp draughty thing i currently keep it in. This is coming at a price though of which were a fair few quid short. Hoping to keep hold of it so i,m selling my mint honda fireblade which ive owned from new and hoping thats enough. Couldnt ever imagine not owning it but on the plus side the new garage would comfortably house an rs6 in the future lol
rs4 b7 daytona avant. Miltek resonated valved, Mrc stage 2
vw touran 2.0tdi, blue /black leather. family wagon!!.
repsol honda fireblade.
Zx12r b1 in black and gold. The colour to have!!

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 pm

toyneg wrote:thinking back to this thread I wrote, if I was to sell, what do you guys think I could realistically ask/get for mine with the below spec? Obviously the mileage will hurt it but I need to get a house so trying to work out finances.

2007 Black Saloon
122k miles
3 Owners
Tech pack (auto wipers, lights, coming home)
race cloth buckets
carbon trim - black headliner
cooler in glove box
ipod lead
full service history, all Audi except last one at MRC
MRC Stage 2
K/W lowering springs
Gun Metal alloys (could do with a refurb)
Milltek non res, non valved

thanks as always
It will sell , with only 3 owners plus the nice extra bits £15499 as long as its HPI clear .

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”