Interior creaks, squeaks or rattles

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
harding
3rd Gear

Re: Interior creaks, squeaks or rattles

Post by harding » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:59 am

Ooohh, this is kinda my biggest problems with all my cars. I keep putting stuff (mostly pennys) in between plastic parts that touch each other. The one who finds all the coins in my sold 2007 R32 must be very confused. At least 15 coins is stuck inbetween stuff in that car :lol:

But on the RS4 the most annoying sound ive had was, as soon as i slowly drove over a speedbump or something, my passanger seat squeeked alot (almost like the wood floor and doors in all horror movies). I took a bit of tape and made the seat back mounts abit thicker and then the noise disappeared. Win!

Also on cold days i have a rattle in the passenger bucket seat aswell. Mostly i just have to move the seat slightly forward and its ok, but sometimes im getting real crazy.
There are 2 things thats really working for me, and its either revving it up and drive faster, or put up the volume of the music.....
Audi RS4 Avant
[2014]: blacked out wheels & grill: center res delete : flaps open
[2015]: brembo & yellowstuff : michelin pss : h&r spacers
[2016]: sachs performance clutch : decoked : led there be light : black window trim
[2017]: stertman stage 1 : black headlights & clear corner mod : gruppe m air intake : gutted resonators

irishmike
3rd Gear

Post by irishmike » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:48 am

Have a squeak from the drivers seat from time to time. Sounds like it's coming from around my right shoulder. Annoying...

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm

I can't hear any rattles when the sport button is on and my foot's to the floor :drink:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

gt2
3rd Gear

Post by gt2 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Ellis wrote:Passenger seat belt buckle rattles like a MF. I have a dummy tongue inserted and padded tape over it yet rattle continues :shock:
I had the same thing. Either putting the passenger seatbelt into the buckle or velcro it to the centre console :thumbs:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”