De-cat ebay down pipes

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
TAB1S
3rd Gear

Re: De-cat ebay down pipes

Post by TAB1S » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:37 pm

SamRs4 wrote:
TAB1S wrote:I would imagine even if they didnt it wouldnt take alot to get them to.
Thank mate will get on Oder a pair hopefully will be ok
:thumb:
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

Grandadg90
3rd Gear

Post by Grandadg90 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Milltek downpipes are shorter, so dont fit OEM setup. Its also to do with angle of the piping. I would not take it as gospel that they will fit.
Daytona Grey, Bilstein Coilovers, Pre-cat delete, Centre resonator delete, IM flaps/vains delete, Interior/Exterior LED kit, CAI, Black Optics.
Other car: Bread Van

Grandadg90
3rd Gear

Post by Grandadg90 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Check this advert out. States only to be fitted to a Milltek system.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 80&alt=web

So Sam this will not fit yours.
Daytona Grey, Bilstein Coilovers, Pre-cat delete, Centre resonator delete, IM flaps/vains delete, Interior/Exterior LED kit, CAI, Black Optics.
Other car: Bread Van

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Grandadg90 wrote:Check this advert out. States only to be fitted to a Milltek system.

He's not on about buying miltek down pipes he's talking about these ebay ones on his milek catback.
If a miltek catback fits in the oem down pipes with out modification then his miltek will have to fit these ebay down pipes as they fit oem cat back? & im pretty sure there are small adjusters that the down pipes mount to so surely wont be far off?
Miltek are also bound to say only fit miltek to miltek.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 pm

TAB1S wrote:
Grandadg90 wrote:Check this advert out. States only to be fitted to a Milltek system.

He's not on about buying miltek down pipes he's talking about these ebay ones on his milek catback.
If a miltek catback fits in the oem down pipes with out modification then his miltek will have to fit these ebay down pipes as they fit oem cat back? & im pretty sure there are small adjusters that the down pipes mount to so surely wont be far off?
Miltek are also bound to say only fit miltek to miltek.

I have to say this is quite a logical answer and make sense. Now if Miltek said there system would only fit a car with there downpipes then I agree the chances of them matching with an aftermarket downpipe would be very remote.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

alefustec
2nd Gear

Post by alefustec » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:48 pm

docurley wrote:I've just ordered a set with a set of these to stop the error codes.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 64&alt=web
Sorry, probably been mentioned a million times before but getting a little confused on the threads between pre-cat gutting (piggies?) resonator delete and x pipes etc etc.

I'm getting the pre-cats chopped out (not gutted) as we speak (unfortunately saw this thread to late to order the pre-gutted down pipes off e-bay). I originally thought the CEL error was only related to messing around with the main cats, from docurely's post above I believe I may be wrong and I need to order spacers for the o2 sensors as well or else I'll get the CEL light?

Car is std with no mapping etc.
06 Phantom Black RS4 Saloon(since Jan 15)
19x9.5 Bola alloys, LED interior/door lights, exhaust flap delete, pre-cat delete, resonator delete, chrome to black optics, B&C pillars, rear boot strip, front grills & lower intakes gloss black, revolution induction kit, LED Drl's, de-tangoed, RNSE delete - Pioneer Apple CarPlay, reverse camera. 380mm upgraded JHM front rotors, Eibach control arms, Bilstein P14's, MCarbon diffuser & Cupra R splitter.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

You will need the spacer but these may be a better one then the ones I bought and get round any spacer issues

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 79&alt=web
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

alefustec
2nd Gear

Post by alefustec » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:02 pm

docurley wrote:You will need the spacer but these may be a better one then the ones I bought and get round any spacer issues

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 79&alt=web
Thanks very much - unfortunately they are out of stock so have ordered the other ones instead. Should be okay but can always swap out later on if there are issues/don't fit I guess.

At least I know they are definitely needed now, so thanks again!
06 Phantom Black RS4 Saloon(since Jan 15)
19x9.5 Bola alloys, LED interior/door lights, exhaust flap delete, pre-cat delete, resonator delete, chrome to black optics, B&C pillars, rear boot strip, front grills & lower intakes gloss black, revolution induction kit, LED Drl's, de-tangoed, RNSE delete - Pioneer Apple CarPlay, reverse camera. 380mm upgraded JHM front rotors, Eibach control arms, Bilstein P14's, MCarbon diffuser & Cupra R splitter.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Mine arrived on today and they look good, who knows till I drop her in the shop to be fitted if it's a straight swap but they do look well made.

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 pm

They look good David, bet they'll make a nice difference when fitted! :D

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:26 pm

docurley wrote:Mine arrived on today and they look good, who knows till I drop her in the shop to be fitted if it's a straight swap but they do look well made.

Mine also arrived yesterday! I also picked up new studs & nuts from tps as iv heard they almost always break when replaced!
When do you think you will be having yours fitted?? Mine wont be going on for a few weeks so very interested to see how you get on.
Also did you buy x4 lambda spacers? :beerchug:
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Ozzyz wrote:They look good David, bet they'll make a nice difference when fitted! :D

Well I'm hope so and see no reason why not, my son had his exhaust sorted at a place in Croydon so I'm looking to give them a call and see how much it would cost to have an x-pipe fitted to the stock system.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:03 pm

TAB1S wrote:
docurley wrote:Mine arrived on today and they look good, who knows till I drop her in the shop to be fitted if it's a straight swap but they do look well made.

Mine also arrived yesterday! I also picked up new studs & nuts from tps as iv heard they almost always break when replaced!
When do you think you will be having yours fitted?? Mine wont be going on for a few weeks so very interested to see how you get on.
Also did you buy x4 lambda spacers? :beerchug:
I bought two spacers not four.

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 am

TAB1S wrote: Also did you buy x4 lambda spacers? :beerchug:
Don't put spacers on the front lambdas, only the rears.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:18 am

JCviggen wrote:
TAB1S wrote: Also did you buy x4 lambda spacers? :beerchug:
Don't put spacers on the front lambdas, only the rears.
:thumb: thanks guys
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”