De-cat ebay down pipes

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
TAB1S
3rd Gear

Re: De-cat ebay down pipes

Post by TAB1S » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:49 pm

docurley wrote:Very nice, did you notice any power difference?
Can't really tell bud as i had manifold position sensor fault before & after so haven't got full rev range & haven't bothered pushing it, just sorting out a few other issues then MRC asap.
Will let you all know what it makes.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:04 pm

ASC wrote:Hi TAB1S, any issues with the length of the DP's? I've got a guy fitting these just now, he's just called to say they're too short!?? WTF? :bash:

Also, could you elaborate on - "although the brackets were in the right place for the support they wouldn't go back together like original so there needed to be some slight modification."

Cheers
Hi mate, strange i had no issues with length is he sure?
I did have to remove the nearside one & have the lambada thread moved round about 10-15mm as i said the lambada hit body work & wouldn't fit without a 90* spacer, reason for moving was after a call to mrc & they said it could cause issues so that was that.
The brackets just weren't identical to oem but in around about the same place so we used most of the parts rubbers bolts etc & made it work with out to much trouble.
Hope that help & good luck
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:11 pm

RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Thanks for info mate. It's apparently now fitted, not sure what the issue was, I'll find out more tomorrow when I pick it up.
The only thing is the Lambda is touching the gearbox like what you had. I need to get these right angle adaptors. Where did you get them?
Current - 07 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant Black optics / Buckets / FBSW / MRC Stage 2 / De flapped Manifold / CAF / BMC filter / Decat / Non Res Miltek / Bilstein B16's / Tarox discs, pads and lines / H&R ARBs / 19x9.5 Ispiri ISR1 wheels / MPSS tyres / DTM carbon splitter
Previous - 06 Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant JHM 91 tune / 2.5" Custom Cat-less DP's / Miltek Non Res Cat back / BMC filter / H&R springs / 19" Fox MS007 wheels/Good Year F1's / EBC TG discs / Yellow stuff pads

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:55 pm

ASC wrote:Thanks for info mate. It's apparently now fitted, not sure what the issue was, I'll find out more tomorrow when I pick it up.
The only thing is the Lambda is touching the gearbox like what you had. I need to get these right angle adaptors. Where did you get them?
They were from the link on this thread via ebay but as i said mrc said it wasn't a good idea.
On the plus side I removed mine on my drive in 15mins has it moved for £20 odd the refit 15mins.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks again. They managed to do without the spacers with some gentle manipulation. Also the brackets were out as you mentioned. Apart from that though they sound good, nice grumble and plenty popping!
Will dyno soon to see what the figures are. It previously made 434ps, that's MRC stage 2 with a botched decat. It now has these pipes plus I've done CAF so I'm interested to see what it makes now.
Current - 07 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant Black optics / Buckets / FBSW / MRC Stage 2 / De flapped Manifold / CAF / BMC filter / Decat / Non Res Miltek / Bilstein B16's / Tarox discs, pads and lines / H&R ARBs / 19x9.5 Ispiri ISR1 wheels / MPSS tyres / DTM carbon splitter
Previous - 06 Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant JHM 91 tune / 2.5" Custom Cat-less DP's / Miltek Non Res Cat back / BMC filter / H&R springs / 19" Fox MS007 wheels/Good Year F1's / EBC TG discs / Yellow stuff pads

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:40 pm

ASC wrote:Thanks again. They managed to do without the spacers with some gentle manipulation. Also the brackets were out as you mentioned. Apart from that though they sound good, nice grumble and plenty popping!
Will dyno soon to see what the figures are. It previously made 434ps, that's MRC stage 2 with a botched decat. It now has these pipes plus I've done CAF so I'm interested to see what it makes now.
Happy days! I love how it sounds now absolutely spot on imo.
Will be very interesting to see what yours makes mate keep us posted :thumbs:
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Yeah I'll do that mate. We've organising a RR day in the next few weeks so should have some good pics/vids coming plus some dyno sheets! :thumbs:

nsfw
Neutral

Post by nsfw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Not to resurrect an old thread, but are these the pipes you were talking about. After a long search this is what I found.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-70mm-Kat-Ersa ... SwPc9WwveX

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:04 am

nsfw wrote:Not to resurrect an old thread, but are these the pipes you were talking about. After a long search this is what I found.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-70mm-Kat-Ersa ... SwPc9WwveX
No, the ones we all bought do not have any additional bits or sleaves to go on the end.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:14 am

Wow they're quite pricey and look used. The ones I got were like £200, cheap but surprisingly good quality.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Well I was the first to buy them and the last to put them on :oops: but today they went on. I did not want to fully decat the car but I had damaged the flexi pipes when I fitted the coilovers so they seemed like a good option.

So what did I have done..... I had the pipe cut and shut before the secondary CAT's so basicly no Precats/Piggies. There was only one issue and that was where the precat's lambda sensor position on the nearside pipe was located caused it to hit the underside of the car so it had to be moved. The only other issue was the studs snapped on the nearside as well, total cost £270 fitted and took 3hrs 30min.

Pics are not great phone was dying as I took them

This is of the lambor sensor location, in the shadow is the original position and the shiny one not in the shade is the new position.

So what have a noticed, well the is definitely more power that's for sure, the throttle response is quicker and she pull a lot easier and I have a big fat :biggrin3: on my face.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Nice one! :thumbs: Best of both worlds right there.
How about the note? Im sure it still sounds meaty without the precats?
Power wise/butt dyno says I notice a difference. We had a dyno day a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping for big numbers (440+) but the car is most likely coked up. It only did 414bhp/308lbft compared to 434bhp/345lbft 10k miles ago. That's Stage 2 MRC, CAF and precats fitted but no main cats..
Wonder what the figures would have been without these DP's.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:56 pm

ASC wrote:Nice one! :thumbs: Best of both worlds right there.
How about the note? Im sure it still sounds meaty without the precats?
Power wise/butt dyno says I notice a difference. We had a dyno day a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping for big numbers (440+) but the car is most likely coked up. It only did 414bhp/308lbft compared to 434bhp/345lbft 10k miles ago. That's Stage 2 MRC, CAF and precats fitted but no main cats..
Wonder what the figures would have been without these DP's.
Sound is just a little louder but nothing to get excited about that's for sure but the boost in power and the throttle response was the big bonus for me.

Edit:

I did not have to use any spacers to stop any codes coming up so far.

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:21 am

Took me about 100 miles before I got a CEL without spacers. Have since fitted spacers and 1000 miles further in I got another CEL yesterday from the same issue. Looks like stage 2 will be the answer!!!

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”