De-cat ebay down pipes

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
TAB1S
3rd Gear

Re: De-cat ebay down pipes

Post by TAB1S » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:40 pm

ASC wrote:The pipes never turned up, that's 4 weeks, ignoring e-mails, tracking numbers that don't register anywhere etc.. opened a dispute with the seller yesterday, .. Fukn idiot!
No way! Stange one that, they are still advertising them ebay aswell?
Good luck either way.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Cheers. Just want my money back tbh. Pity because they look good and I was looking forward to hearing them.
Current - 07 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant Black optics / Buckets / FBSW / MRC Stage 2 / De flapped Manifold / CAF / BMC filter / Decat / Non Res Miltek / Bilstein B16's / Tarox discs, pads and lines / H&R ARBs / 19x9.5 Ispiri ISR1 wheels / MPSS tyres / DTM carbon splitter
Previous - 06 Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant JHM 91 tune / 2.5" Custom Cat-less DP's / Miltek Non Res Cat back / BMC filter / H&R springs / 19" Fox MS007 wheels/Good Year F1's / EBC TG discs / Yellow stuff pads

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

ASC wrote:The pipes never turned up, that's 4 weeks, ignoring e-mails, tracking numbers that don't register anywhere etc.. opened a dispute with the seller yesterday, .. Fukn idiot!

I don't believe it.. the pipes turned up lol! I'll take the above last comment back, probably a bit harsh but I was pist off yesterday. The seller had sh!t comms though, 4 weeks waiting and radio silence isn't cool..
Never mind, away to cover them in exhaust wrap then see about getting them fitted.
Current - 07 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant Black optics / Buckets / FBSW / MRC Stage 2 / De flapped Manifold / CAF / BMC filter / Decat / Non Res Miltek / Bilstein B16's / Tarox discs, pads and lines / H&R ARBs / 19x9.5 Ispiri ISR1 wheels / MPSS tyres / DTM carbon splitter
Previous - 06 Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant JHM 91 tune / 2.5" Custom Cat-less DP's / Miltek Non Res Cat back / BMC filter / H&R springs / 19" Fox MS007 wheels/Good Year F1's / EBC TG discs / Yellow stuff pads

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Any news ASC?
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Unfortunately not mate, everything seems to be conspiring against me with these pipes... I had an unexpected bill to pay after doing the below damage the other week. And this wasn't just a case of bending the arch back, the bodyshop had to roll the arch and when they did it actually split so it had to be filled and the whole wing painted. I got him to roll the driver's side as well in case it happened on that side.

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:19 am

ASC wrote:Unfortunately not mate, everything seems to be conspiring against me with these pipes... I had an unexpected bill to pay after doing the below damage the other week. And this wasn't just a case of bending the arch back, the bodyshop had to roll the arch and when they did it actually split so it had to be filled and the whole wing painted. I got him to roll the driver's side as well in case it happened on that side.

No way! Sorry to hear that bud, my brother inlaw had the exact same problem with his old rs, he hit a pothole while turning and that was the outcome, it wasn't even particularly low just unlucky i guess, he managed to beat it back himself tho with no damage.
I'm pretty paranoid about it happening to me as i can barely get my fingers in.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

Yeah the car is low and I was running 8mm spacers so I'm not really sure why I was surprised this happened lol. Same story as your bro in law, drove over a hole while turning. Plenty clearance now the arches are rolled but I'm still a little paranoid about putting the spacers back on.. I really can't afford more bills this time of year and I'm desperate to get these DP's on.

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Just checking has anyone fitted these yet? :biggrin3: :blackrs4:
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Not yet mate if all goes well over Christmas with the carbon clean & a few other bits il be heading to MRC as soon as possible for fitting & mapping.
Can't wait!
Also trying to get my exhaust valves working again in preparation for whats to come lol
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:50 pm

TAB1S wrote:Not yet mate if all goes well over Christmas with the carbon clean & a few other bits il be heading to MRC as soon as possible for fitting & mapping.
Can't wait!
Also trying to get my exhaust valves working again in preparation for whats to come lol
Good luck mate hope all goes well, look forward to the write up

Would be good to know a before and after output if poss? :biggrin3: :blackrs4:
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:27 pm

+1 on the update lads, i need to get some decat pipes so feed back on this would be great
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Update on this guys, all fitted & am very happy with the end result :mrgreen: it was as most people say a bit of a <beep> to do but with a bit of patience not all bad.
Lucky for me my cats have been removed in the past for a new clutch presumably & 2 of the off side studs were replaced with nuts bolts so happy days (still rusted to s*ite tho) and the other 1 was a bolt in the original thread which came out ok.
Near side were all original studs, one came out with the nut, second snapped & the third stayed in luckily enough we could weld a couple of nuts on the end of the broken one & with the heat it came out ok!
As for the actual pipes they were a perfect fit, the bends were spot on but unfortunately the near side lambada hole was 5-10mm of from oem so would not fit! To get around it i had to use the 90* spacer, not sure if it was i good idea but it worked & im sure someone will tell me if not :bash:
As for fitting the new down pipes its so much easier as there's alot more room to play with, we replaced all of the studs bar one & although the brackets were in the right place for the support they wouldn't go back together like original so there needed to be some slight modification.
The lambadas were also a pig to remove as I didn't want to heat them to much but with the right leverage they also came out ok, we unplugged them all first & removed after the pipes were off the car as there's no way i could imagine doing it on the car!
Will get a video up as soon as :thumb:
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Not the best video but i was pushed for time (wife!)
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:56 am

Very nice, did you notice any power difference?
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi TAB1S, any issues with the length of the DP's? I've got a guy fitting these just now, he's just called to say they're too short!?? WTF? :bash:

Also, could you elaborate on - "although the brackets were in the right place for the support they wouldn't go back together like original so there needed to be some slight modification."

Cheers

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”