De-cat ebay down pipes

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
docurley
5th Gear

De-cat ebay down pipes

Post by docurley » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Sitting in Bangkok airport waiting for my home flight and came across these de-cat downpipes and for the price they look good.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 49&alt=web
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

ASC
3rd Gear

Re: De-cat ebay down pipes

Post by ASC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Yeah I spotted these last week and went as far as contacting the seller to ask if they were the ill fitting XS-Power downpipes but apparently they're made in Germany and fit "perfectly" with no modifications required!? Could be worth a punt at that price? Hmmm who knows..
Current - 07 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant Black optics / Buckets / FBSW / MRC Stage 2 / De flapped Manifold / CAF / BMC filter / Decat / Non Res Miltek / Bilstein B16's / Tarox discs, pads and lines / H&R ARBs / 19x9.5 Ispiri ISR1 wheels / MPSS tyres / DTM carbon splitter
Previous - 06 Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant JHM 91 tune / 2.5" Custom Cat-less DP's / Miltek Non Res Cat back / BMC filter / H&R springs / 19" Fox MS007 wheels/Good Year F1's / EBC TG discs / Yellow stuff pads

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 pm

good price that,

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 pm

If you read it it doesnt say down pipes it says down pipe!
I have messaged them to find out, would be a sh*tter if 1 turned up in the post!
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:54 am

TAB1S wrote:If you read it it doesnt say down pipes it says down pipe!
I have messaged them to find out, would be a sh*tter if 1 turned up in the post!
It is for both sides :thumb: have a set comming but wont be getting fitted until my trip to MRC.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:04 pm

I've just ordered a set with a set of these to stop the error codes.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 64&alt=web
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

audi_do_dat_den
3rd Gear

Post by audi_do_dat_den » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:28 pm

This may or may not be a daft question.... but what is the script with de-catting the RS4?
Is it likely to pose an issue on the next MOT?
Whats required in terms of dialling it out of the ECU?
Does it make the exhaust note harsh ad opposed to that beautiful muffled roar of the stock system?
Dont get me wrong, im interested but cautious.
No cats = more beans but are there any negative points....

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:22 pm

It won't pass an MOT. It will be louder, probably more raspy top end, my old S4 certainly was. It will also need mapped to get rid of the CEL.
My RS is decatted now but on the stock downpipes, the cats have been cut out so I plan to replace with either Miltek's or I might try these. I have MRC stage 2 so I assume my CEL is already mapped out. The other way to get rid of the CEL is to use spacers as above..
Current - 07 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant Black optics / Buckets / FBSW / MRC Stage 2 / De flapped Manifold / CAF / BMC filter / Decat / Non Res Miltek / Bilstein B16's / Tarox discs, pads and lines / H&R ARBs / 19x9.5 Ispiri ISR1 wheels / MPSS tyres / DTM carbon splitter
Previous - 06 Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant JHM 91 tune / 2.5" Custom Cat-less DP's / Miltek Non Res Cat back / BMC filter / H&R springs / 19" Fox MS007 wheels/Good Year F1's / EBC TG discs / Yellow stuff pads

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:23 pm

audi_do_dat_den wrote:This may or may not be a daft question.... but what is the script with de-catting the RS4?
Is it likely to pose an issue on the next MOT?
Whats required in terms of dialling it out of the ECU?
Does it make the exhaust note harsh ad opposed to that beautiful muffled roar of the stock system?
Dont get me wrong, im interested but cautious.
No cats = more beans but are there any negative points....
The B7 RS4 came with 4 CAT two very restrictive ones on the down pipe and two 200 cel CAT's near by the gearbox. Removing the downpipe CAT 's (piggies) will not fail an MOT but if not mapped out or lambada sensor extenders fitted with frow up codes on the dash (extenders will not garentee no codes).

Removing the piggies will garentee extra power :biggrin3:

SamRs4
2nd Gear

Post by SamRs4 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:28 pm

docurley wrote:Sitting in Bangkok airport waiting for my home flight and came across these de-cat downpipes and for the price they look good.

Hello gents just a quick one will these fitt on millteck cat back ?

ASC
3rd Gear

Post by ASC » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm

It should do, the description says it necks down to 60mm (2.36") which I think is Miltek cat back OD.

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:03 pm

SamRs4 wrote:
docurley wrote:Sitting in Bangkok airport waiting for my home flight and came across these de-cat downpipes and for the price they look good.

I dont see why not as the miltek is designed to fit in the standard down pipes and vice versa so should be good.
Some one whos fitted a miltek cat back would be the best to confirm
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

SamRs4
2nd Gear

Post by SamRs4 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:14 pm

TAB1S wrote:
SamRs4 wrote:

I dont see why not as the miltek is designed to fit in the standard down pipes and vice versa so should be good.
Some one whos fitted a miltek cat back would be the best to confirm

I wanted to get the down pipes just want to be 100% that they will fit as I have the milly cat back fitted allready and wana no the two go together

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:19 pm

I would imagine even if they didnt it wouldnt take alot to get them to.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm

SamRs4
2nd Gear

Post by SamRs4 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 pm

TAB1S wrote:I would imagine even if they didnt it wouldnt take alot to get them to.
Thank mate will get on Oder a pair hopefully will be ok

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”