DRL look a bit yellow

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: DRL look a bit yellow

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:57 am

Trups wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:
Don't bullshit me to try and protect yourself...
Protect myself from what exactly?.
Your own vested interest on here.

Trups wrote:Them 3 bulbs you say I switched have been put back in circulation of stock and have been sent out working and fine when testing on the 12v tester and the one that lost a solder joint Has also been fixed and sent out, I don't just come back and start throwing it away because it didn't fit.

I'm not asking you for a video, I said that I will make you one of the adaptor plunging into the reflector.

Did you read the thread I linked you to? A few member son there asking for advice on fitting and me telling the, the same and it working out for them?

If you wasn't happy from the get go I would of refunded you like I said. Even when you tried fitting the DRL kit you didn't get in contact to say that it was giving you grief, so how am I meant to try and help?
Now you’re starting to fudge facts. There were two issues 1) general poor fitment and 2) faulty products. At Boxhill you tested the bulbs for yourself in the car and they didn’t work – you were even surprised, as you claimed to have bench tested everything before the kit was sent out. I had previously tested the bulbs across both my cars, to make sure it wasn’t another fault. Bottom line - the product was faulty. Now you claim they were fine all along and have re-entered them into circulation. Yeah ok and I was born yesterday!

The poor fitment aspect is still there, you have to bend and manipulate the metal bulb housings to get them in and fitted. One forum member even resorted to cutting his bulb holders! They are not a plug and play replacement like you make the kit out to be. Here is the thread link to your own site sponsor section, so you can refresh your memory: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=111379

The reason you probably don’t hear about it much is that half the interior kit fits and half doesn’t. The half that doesn’t fit gets thrown in a drawer and forgotten about because the roof lights which you see all of the time, work and fit without fuss. Oh and did I mention the tailgate lamp which only illuminates half of the reflector? There’s no mention of that or the intermittent disco sun visors when you buy the Interior LED kit either.

Generally speaking from what I read on here, the customers who promote you are those where you’ve gone to meet them and fitted the products yourself. I did bite my tongue on the interior LED kit and worked with you to get most of the issues resolved, the DRL kit not fitting and falling apart is now the final straw for me.

It’s unfair of me to ask for a refund over a year down the road, it is also unfair on the community here to not share my disappointing experience with more than one of your products.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Trups
Trader (Expired)

Post by Trups » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:52 am

Sam.

No one is fudging facts. I test all bulbs one by when before I pack and label them, I'm happy for you to spend a day with ,e at work if you want to watch. When testing on your car 3 did not light up which was strange but when I got back and tested they where fine so go back into sale. Believe what you want but I can assure you they went into circulation.

It's not a poor fitment, there is a nak to fitting them but when you get the hang of it then they are fine, a movement of the metal holder to slide the lamp in, push the metal back and put the clip in, I agree it can be tricky but it really ain't as bad as you have/are making out. Removing the bulb holders is extreme, I have never had to do this myself to if that's how he found fitting them easier then that's cool.

In regards to the visor lights, I'm happy to send you 5 sets out to see if you can resolve it? The boot light as we have spoke of it was more for you OCD as I can't get hold of a bulb to do 2 functions like that. Plug and play the kit is as no additional wiring is needed, or any special tools other than a screw driver.

As for people promoting me, I've not have thousands of people come to me to have them fitted. I would say about 10 at a tops and it's only you, classba and doc Curley that I have ever going out to do work on unless it's a paid job for me to travel within reason to fit a whole kit and work on someone's lighting.

I don't think it's unfair to ask no, I know the situation and you have met me and I'm a fair person, I'm not going to be a pillock about £100 and would be happy to refund the kit, you didn't need to start kicking up a fuss, if you had just mentioned it I would of said that's fine. I'm happy to send you out fresh lamp housing (puddle lights, red door lights, glove box and footwell) so you don't have to remove the LEDs from the housing and even cover the cost of postage to send everything back and I will send the refund. The last thing I want is a unhappy customer, I hardly get complaints, when I do I fix them.

I have no drama's with you sharing it, how would I improve without feedback.

So if you send me postal details I will get housings sent back so you can put it all back to stock and get rid of the kit.

Thanks
Trups
Phantom Black C6 RS6 - ex Classba battleship
Mugello C6 RS6 5.0 TFSi AVANT - Gone.

If you have any quieries for interior or exterior LED's then get in touch.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:48 pm

I think we'll both continue to have a different take on this.

Also, I'm sure that you've spent more than enough time on it, as have I and a line needs to be drawn under it somewhere. Your idea is a good one which I'm inclined to take you up on, as the last thing I want to do is faff around re-jigging the holders to fit the OEM bulbs back in. Please do not cover the return postage, I will pay for that and chalk it up as experience.

I shall PM you my details. Thank you.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

markshepps
1st Gear

Post by markshepps » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:20 pm

marc1 wrote:Not from eBay. Had a few eBay bulbs in the past fitted to different cars and they tend to flicker or not last. These bulbs have a 2 or 3 year warranty I think and had good reviews.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-ul ... -bulb.html
Just put these on mine as DRL blew around the time of this post.
First off.... Here's the fun I had.... :knob:

A coat hanger, my wifes hair grip (long needle nose type thing) about an hour and lots and lots of bad language, I recovered the bulb and got them working.

.... However, to top off what was clearly a great experience, the car is beeping at me constantly (not just once when ignition is on)... About every 20 seconds telling me there's a bulb out.... I bought these because I thought I wouldn't have error issues.. Had the PIAA ones before, but these looked pretty good.. Is mine the only car that dislikes these?

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:39 pm

I feel your pain mate. I've dropped bulbs I. Headlight housings before PITA. I scratched all my hands changing these bulbs, which I accepted as collateral damage, ten days later and they were all infected and antibiotics supplied. :(

In your last photo, are they the 92 LED bulbs fitted? They look yellow, or is it just due to the camera? I don't have bulb errors, so can only assume they is either something not quite right with your bulbs, they are fitted incorrectly (assume not though, after all they are lit?), there is another bulb or within issue. Are all the other bulbs functioning correctly? What conditions cause the error? Does it cancel itself if you leave it?

markshepps
1st Gear

Post by markshepps » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:20 pm

marc1 wrote:I feel your pain mate. I've dropped bulbs I. Headlight housings before PITA. I scratched all my hands changing these bulbs, which I accepted as collateral damage, ten days later and they were all infected and antibiotics supplied. :(

In your last photo, are they the 92 LED bulbs fitted? They look yellow, or is it just due to the camera? I don't have bulb errors, so can only assume they is either something not quite right with your bulbs, they are fitted incorrectly (assume not though, after all they are lit?), there is another bulb or within issue. Are all the other bulbs functioning correctly? What conditions cause the error? Does it cancel itself if you leave it?
Yeah, every time I do something with this car I end up thinking "why did I bother" :bash:
Yep, same bulbs (92 LED) as per the link.. Think the yellow tinge is my camera.
All fitted fine and they work (i.e. Light up and stay that way)... I just get constant left & right headlight bulb errors... Every couple of seconds when driving around... Beep after beep... Does seem to settle, but then crops up again. Bulb with 'X' through it stays on the dash, but the Right and Left error comes up in the middle of the display (like it does if you have any other bulb out. All other headlamp bulbs working fine.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:49 pm

I've yet to find any DRL bulb that works without errors and tried a fair few including some that looks just like the ones above. Just changed them again for 80w Cree type. Tried without the cancellers first and they threw an error so put the cancellers back in and now no errors (well, other than my right hand sidelight which is playing up at the moment). But the cree look much better as you can't see all the individual LEDs like you can with some of the other types.
And yeah, I've dropped a few bulbs in my headlights. They all still live in there though, can't see them anymore though.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:23 pm

markshepps wrote:
marc1 wrote:I feel your pain mate. I've dropped bulbs I. Headlight housings before PITA. I scratched all my hands changing these bulbs, which I accepted as collateral damage, ten days later and they were all infected and antibiotics supplied. :(

Yeah, every time I do something with this car I end up thinking "why did I bother" :bash:
All fitted fine and they work (i.e. Light up and stay that way)... I just get constant left & right headlight bulb errors... Every couple of seconds when driving around... Beep after beep... Does seem to settle, but then crops up again. Bulb with 'X' through it stays on the dash, but the Right and Left error comes up in the middle of the display (like it does if you have any other bulb out. All other headlamp bulbs working fine.
Sorry they do not seem to be working for you mate. I'd ring them tomorrow and complain. They are supposed to be guaranteed not to cause bulb out error. PITA to take them back out though. I can only think there must be some problem with the bulbs themselves as they work for me. Although saying that a few of us have discussed LED tail lights for some people with auto lights causing an initial dash warning and others not getting it. It's never been clear why.

Failing that, the ones Covkiller posted up seem to be holding up for him without issues. I suspect this is a similar set up to what MikeFish has with the separate cancellers, etc.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:27 pm

MikeFish wrote:I've yet to find any DRL bulb that works without errors and tried a fair few including some that looks just like the ones above. Just changed them again for 80w Cree type. Tried without the cancellers first and they threw an error so put the cancellers back in and now no errors (well, other than my right hand sidelight which is playing up at the moment). But the cree look much better as you can't see all the individual LEDs like you can with some of the other types.
And yeah, I've dropped a few bulbs in my headlights. They all still live in there though, can't see them anymore though.
They sound interesting mate. Do you have a picture of the bulbs?

sumdy
2nd Gear

Post by sumdy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Fitted Piaa bulbs in 2007 never seen a warning light and they are on all the time.

markshepps
1st Gear

Post by markshepps » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:04 pm

marc1 wrote:
markshepps wrote:

Sorry they do not seem to be working for you mate. I'd ring them tomorrow and complain. They are supposed to be guaranteed not to cause bulb out error. PITA to take them back out though. I can only think there must be some problem with the bulbs themselves as they work for me. Although saying that a few of us have discussed LED tail lights for some people with auto lights causing an initial dash warning and others not getting it. It's never been clear why.

Failing that, the ones Covkiller posted up seem to be holding up for him without issues. I suspect this is a similar set up to what MikeFish has with the separate cancellers, etc.
Had the car parked at the airport for a couple of days so haven't done anything more with this yet... but with the DRL switched off ('0') I don't have any issues with warnings... That's good enough for now until I sort something else out.... Had the PIAA bulbs before and they worked well , just thought of giving something else a whirl. Thanks for feedback though Marc1.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:32 pm

marc1 wrote:
MikeFish wrote:I've yet to find any DRL bulb that works without errors and tried a fair few including some that looks just like the ones above. Just changed them again for 80w Cree type. Tried without the cancellers first and they threw an error so put the cancellers back in and now no errors (well, other than my right hand sidelight which is playing up at the moment). But the cree look much better as you can't see all the individual LEDs like you can with some of the other types.
They sound interesting mate. Do you have a picture of the bulbs?

Sorry I forgot to repspnd the other night.
I didn't take any photos of them on the car but I've nicked a couple from ebay.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:36 pm

They looks very bright. :thumbs:

borry
Neutral

Post by borry » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:10 am

I myself bought some CREE ones off of eBay, just over £5 and one of them went after about a month, so I shelled out near £30 on some PIAA ones, I really hope it is a case of "you get what you pay for" because these should last me a long time (I'm hoping!)

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:44 am

Obligatory pictures Borry...

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”