Good day yesterday.....not so good today!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
RS4JAMO
Neutral

Good day yesterday.....not so good today!

Post by RS4JAMO » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Great day yesterday....nice shiny AP Racing discs and EBC Yellowstuff pads done, no holding on to a bucking bronco anymore!

Bad day today... :thumbsdown: Had my health check done at MRC producing 363ps......I know that doesn't sound that bad but it does when a previous owner has had some scrote have a go with a laptop at mapping it with a few failed attempts and some which apparently have gone through......so a combination of <beep> map and carbon build up is costing me around 60-80ps!

Resolution.........a whole load of cash and a Carbon decoke, MRC Stage 2 Map and deflap.......all booked so with crossed fingers I hope to walk out of there next time with 430+ps and a Dyno print out which doesn't want me to go and wipe my backside on it :assflash:

Now just got to follow Ben @ MRC's advice and keep the revs lower and no red lining until its done......now that will be a challenge :biggrin3:
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black with SS+. LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, Titanium alloys and mirrors, 438PS

toyneg
5th Gear

Re: Good day yesterday.....not so good today!

Post by toyneg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:41 pm

you wait until you have had that done and drive it home. i know i have been there myself. haha
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:58 pm

I pulled 370 (admittedly with new exhaust and pre-cats gone) at the initial health check. So, 363 isn't that bad considering some :knob: had a go at mapping :shock:

As Toyneg mentions, the difference in drive when done is day and night...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

jamiedal
1st Gear

Post by jamiedal » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:07 pm

I got 311 at the wheels...does anyone no what that is at the flywheel ? I don't no if my car is coked up or not ?

S4WON
Top Gear

Post by S4WON » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:27 pm

jamiedal wrote:I got 311 at the wheels...does anyone no what that is at the flywheel ? I don't no if my car is coked up or not ?
http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to ... ower-loss/

RS4JAMO
Neutral

Post by RS4JAMO » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 pm

311ps at the wheels is not bad I would say.....you made me get my dyno report out again and mine is currently only delivering 263ps at the wheels which is pants! :assflash:

depending on your mods that would be a pretty good figure, from what I understand they never developed 420bhp out the factory from day one, and 385-405 was more realistic so that's a 20% loss on yours on the drivetrain.

Stuck 400 miles on mine today and still returned 28mpg average......missing the high revs though!
RS4 B7 Saloon, Phantom Black with SS+. LED's all inside & out with Dectane LED tailights. deflap, MRC Stage 2, Carbon Clean, no pre-cats, Blueflame non res cat back exhaust, AP Racing Discs, Titanium alloys and mirrors, 438PS

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”