RS4 B7 stock resonator delete

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: RS4 B7 stock resonator delete

Post by MikeFish » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:25 pm

RS4GCI wrote:Just had my resonator deleted having read everyones comments. very happy with the results.

The glorious v8 has come alive, sounds very menacing in sport mode. have retained exhaust flap operation on my delete and all cats and back boxes.

definitely recommend it.
Try disconnecting valves, even if for only 1 minute of stationery revving and see how it sounds. You don't even need to plug the ends of the vacuum pipe if you're only just going to try it for 1 minute then put it back on.

daveb77
2nd Gear

Post by daveb77 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:36 pm

MikeFish wrote:
RS4GCI wrote:Just had my resonator deleted having read everyones comments. very happy with the results.

The glorious v8 has come alive, sounds very menacing in sport mode. have retained exhaust flap operation on my delete and all cats and back boxes.

definitely recommend it.
Try disconnecting valves, even if for only 1 minute of stationery revving and see how it sounds. You don't even need to plug the ends of the vacuum pipe if you're only just going to try it for 1 minute then put it back on.
Is it that much better? May see if MRC can do this for me when down end of the week... : )
D

RS4GCI
Neutral

Post by RS4GCI » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 pm

MikeFish wrote:

definitely recommend it.
I'll give that a go but I didn't want to go too extreme on noise, removing res has definitely made a noticeable difference. Even my wife said your Audi sounded throaty backing in the drive today. She never used to hear it before I had the job done.
Panther Black RS4 B8

RS4GCI
Neutral

Post by RS4GCI » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:43 pm

They used 63mm 304 stainless pipe for the job with stainless mandrel bend
Panther Black RS4 B8

pjmspeedy
Neutral

Post by pjmspeedy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:07 pm

I think this is getting done now :thumbs:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:03 am

daveb77 wrote:
MikeFish wrote:

definitely recommend it.
Is it that much better? May see if MRC can do this for me when down end of the week... : )
D
When you consider that in sport mode the exhaust flaps are still closed from about 1000 RPM until about 3500 RPM in the lower 3 gears thats a lot of sound being muted. Most of the time my car is in the 1000 to 4500 rpm range so with the flap connected the valves are literally closed until I get into 4th gear. And you don't have to be in sport mode to enjoy the sound!
I temporarily disconnected mine when I had a standard exhaust about 4 years ago just to see what it was like. I revved it once on the driveway and they have not been reconnected since. Don't get me wrong, it's not a big a difference as the centre res delete but for the time and money it is very worthwhile if you can live with the slightly nosier start-ups / late night creep homes.

rs4pat
2nd Gear

Post by rs4pat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 am

ill have to think about this one

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:15 am

PS I didn't even need to jack the car up, just laid on the floor under the rear bumper and pulled the hoses off. Took about 1 minute to try. If you don't like shove them back on and maybe zip tie to make them secure. If you like, then screw a screw / golf tee / nail into the end of the hoses to stop the air leaking (this could cause you power loss) and zip tie to secure.

99hjackson
Neutral

Post by 99hjackson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:43 am

asifg wrote:Thanks for posting this!

I've got my car booked in on 2nd Oct for the mod in Milton Keynes. the company (Flow Dynamics) recommended an X pipe for the same reasons Faisal mentioned too so I've gone for that.
How did you get on? Mines going thursday to the same people.

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Definitely jumping on this. Are you guys letting your insurance know about this one?
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:58 pm

jonytek wrote:Definitely jumping on this. Are you guys letting your insurance know about this one?
I already had my car down as having a modified exhaust due to pre-cat delete and milltek / tubi combo so no change required for me.

asifg
3rd Gear

Post by asifg » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:06 am

99hjackson wrote:
asifg wrote:Thanks for posting this!

I've got my car booked in on 2nd Oct for the mod in Milton Keynes. the company (Flow Dynamics) recommended an X pipe for the same reasons Faisal mentioned too so I've gone for that.
How did you get on? Mines going thursday to the same people.
Sorry only just seen this. Still loving it! My favourite mod by far

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi guys, getting my resonator cut out next weekend and was wondering about a x-pipe? What are peoples thoughts on just getting straight through pipes? Is this a hacky job?

Where are people picking up the x-pipe?
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:30 pm

The original exhaust has no x pipe so not fitting one means all you are doing is increasing the sound. Adding an x pipe is a gamble, it might make it worse, it might make it better. I suspect any difference will not even be noticeable.

jonson66
2nd Gear

Post by jonson66 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:33 pm

So what's the point in fitting an x pipe then? By the looks of it everyone is better off with a h?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”