Sorry to ask another exhaust question

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
neilparf
Cruising

Re: Sorry to ask another exhaust question

Post by neilparf » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:29 pm

NJMAudiRS4 wrote:A small vid from my JCWeldfab manifold back system with sports cats, Neilparfs has a pre cat delete system using standard cats so there is a slight variation in sound.

If I remember correctly they will do what ever system you desire and I think the cat back system is cheaper than a Miltek.

http://youtu.be/SiBMqe182gk?list=LLmwxd ... awukdgX-Pg
It's sounds great Nick - I recall that sound from ADi last year. ;)

Nick, you have no pre cats either, right?

Yes, mine has standard Audi 200 CELL cats with no pre cats from the manifold back. They are pretty good cats and I know JCWF switch the OEM cat 180 degrees to circumvent a CEL error. A map like MRC stage 2 would solve this anyway.

Valves for me are a must - as Dave says, there are times when you just don't need the attention...

Any video doesn't quite do the system justice, and in fairness it sounds different again under load: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 pm

No pre cats either as Neil said
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

jamiedal
1st Gear

Post by jamiedal » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Brilliant cheers everyone...I've emailed JCWF for a quote so I'll wait to see what they say, if its a little out of my price range I'll start with a pre-cat and res delete and go from there

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 pm

MikeFish wrote:As I said earlier and as others have said too, before spending 1 or 2k on a milltek (or even better for similar or less money, a jcweldfab) surely it's worth spending £100 on getting the centre resonators removed. This gives a lovely, non booming sound. And if it's too loud (which it isn't but if you still have the cold start feature and close neighbours you may want to quiten it a little on those early mornings) then you can reconnect the valves for those cold starts. And if I did this I'd wire the valves to a dash switch to control them independently of the sport mode, and this would also mean that when you press the button to open them, they stay open regardless of engine RPM and gears unlike the OEM sport mode.
This. Just had the resonators removed on mine, noise is perfect.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Deano_123 wrote:
MikeFish wrote:As I said earlier and as others have said too, before spending 1 or 2k on a milltek (or even better for similar or less money, a jcweldfab) surely it's worth spending £100 on getting the centre resonators removed. This gives a lovely, non booming sound. And if it's too loud (which it isn't but if you still have the cold start feature and close neighbours you may want to quiten it a little on those early mornings) then you can reconnect the valves for those cold starts. And if I did this I'd wire the valves to a dash switch to control them independently of the sport mode, and this would also mean that when you press the button to open them, they stay open regardless of engine RPM and gears unlike the OEM sport mode.
I know, I can't believe I spent so much money on exhausts over the years and all I needed was £100!

Grandadg90
3rd Gear

Post by Grandadg90 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Deano/Mikefish did you guys go for the X pipe or H pipe?
Daytona Grey, Bilstein Coilovers, Pre-cat delete, Centre resonator delete, IM flaps/vains delete, Interior/Exterior LED kit, CAI, Black Optics.
Other car: Bread Van

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:30 pm

No I'm straight through.

Grandadg90
3rd Gear

Post by Grandadg90 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 am

By reducing back pressure have you felt a loss in torque Mike.
Daytona Grey, Bilstein Coilovers, Pre-cat delete, Centre resonator delete, IM flaps/vains delete, Interior/Exterior LED kit, CAI, Black Optics.
Other car: Bread Van

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 am

Grandadg90 wrote:Deano/Mikefish did you guys go for the X pipe or H pipe?
Straight pipe, the car feels somewhat 'free-er' if you get me?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:36 am

No noticeable loss for me. I've recently made my caf bigger and added a trumpet so if anything it is feeling spritely.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am

And didn't someone on here recently state that back pressure required by NA cars thing was a myth?

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 am

MikeFish wrote:
Deano_123 wrote:
I know, I can't believe I spent so much money on exhausts over the years and all I needed was £100!
I would have liked to have kept the Tubi Rumore noise but only as and when I wanted it on a button but the car drove like crap with that exhaust, I was shocked at how much smoother it drove with the standard exhaust on.

Current setup is perfect for me, noise when you want it, no drone and it works well with the Revolution intake.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 am

Really? Mine drove fine with it, but I had it remaped the day I put the exhaust so so never drove it with the exhaust and standard map.

jamiedal
1st Gear

Post by jamiedal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the exhaust pipe I need to replace the resonator with ? Just been to the garage and they gave me the option to source my own exhaust pipe replacement and silly me said 'yeah I'll do that' :bash:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”