Bye Bye.... Update!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
murph22
1st Gear

Re: Bye Bye....

Post by murph22 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Congrats on the new car edge, I gather your machine is the one for sale in Sarsfield Motors?

tmg
3rd Gear

Post by tmg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 pm

murph22 wrote:Congrats on the new car edge, I gather your machine is the one for sale in Sarsfield Motors?
That's been up a while now and is dark blue iirc. Think edge's one was black no?

T

murph22
1st Gear

Post by murph22 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:35 pm

tmg, your right my bad!! That one in Sarsfield is navy allright, they did have a black one up for sale a few months ago.

edge
5th Gear

Post by edge » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:48 am

That one in Sarsfield has some 'ramics on her!

Aint seen mine up for sale yet, curious to see what price they do put on her TBH. There are two on at the min for just shy of €26K but both have more miles on them then I had on mine. I have a feeling it’s off to the UK where they will sell it and get a VRT rebate here when it leaves the country!

As for the A3, it very much so get noticed in a different way than the RS4 did. The solid colour(Amalfi white) and lines on the car just works so well, I parked next to a white car and you can immediately tell that the Audi is more of a cream colour and doesn’t seem to pop like a pure white metallic finish. I thought it was a good looking motor but it’s actually seriously grown on me.

What are the downsides to her:
The lack of Quattro, for the last 9 years I have had AWD(with way more power) but I just need to tailor my driving to the car really.
Lag.... yip we have some lag low down, but keep it in the middle of the rev range and all can be forgiven.
This may sound stupid, but the buttons for the electric windows are back on the driver’s door, so your elbow nearly has to go into the back seat to reach them and im not a tall man.

edge
5th Gear

Re: Bye Bye.... Update!

Post by edge » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:40 pm

I posted this on an irish fourm, but should post here too incase she ends up in the UK:

Got a text over the weekend from someone in the trade, hopefully the owner(don't know him) will get it back in one piece.... if anyone has seen it hooning around, the number is listed in the pic...

Then I got sent this link....

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local ... -1-6895238

I am not sure where it might end up, but just as an FYI.

There was some niggles that would make the car noticeable to a buyer:
Left rear quarter panel was bubbling along the lip above the alloy.
Open the boot, you can see the weld for the quarter panel on the inside next to the lights doesn't match the factory weld on the right hand side.
Standard exhaust flaps didn't open.

I'm sure there a few more that I can think off that would make it easy to spot.

docurley
5th Gear

Re: Bye Bye.... Update!

Post by docurley » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:25 am

The fact they were after the logbook suggest it's going out of the country.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”