Inlet Spacers Group Buy

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Rick_RS4
Cruising

Inlet Spacers Group Buy

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:54 pm

ive taken some inlet sppacers to my locaal machining Shop to get some spacers made or the inlet manifold, im also having some inlet to throttlebody spacer made also to help dissapate heat and to stop heat transfer.

im having them made from 8mm tufnol which will be then best material to keep the cost down.

i have no pics as yet but be with me within 10 days

What do they do?

They help bring your intake temps down by insulating the intake manifold from the heat coming from the cylinder heads due to combustion and lengthen your intake runners which in turn creates more torque. With a cooler intake manifold you create a cooler and denser intake charge which helps add more tq and hp, gear after gear! All in all a great mod for the money especially on the RS4 that is lacking in the torque department. With our in house testing we found a gain everywhere in the rev range from 2500 rpm to 8000 rpm. The biggest gains were from 4000 to 6000 rpm, with the 2nd best area of gains from 5000 to 7000 rpm. This was done with acceleration rate calculations in 3rd gear from logs. The BEST part is that we saw that the car didn't slow down after repeated pulls due to an extremely heat soaked intake manifold bringing the intake temps up. Bottom line, the longer we beat on it the better it performed vs. the tests without the spacers.

i think the cost of the full kit will be about £100, just for reference JHM do the inlet only kit for 185 plus shipping and tax

this will include

2 x 8mm inlet spacers
2 x oem gaskets
8 x longer bolts
8 x washers
1 x 8mm throttle body spacer
1 x oem throttle body gasket

it will be limited to 10 first then will see if the demand is there ill get more

gilly
2nd Gear

Re: Inlet Spacers Group Buy

Post by gilly » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Would be interested in this.
Misano Red| Black Optics| Black alloys| Black mirrors| Full CC at MRC| MRC Stage 2 Manifold| MRC Stage 2 Remap| De-Catted| KW V3 with H&R Fr & rear ARB| H&R Hubcentric spacers 8mm Fr, 10mm rear| A few choice CF goodies to go on|

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Yes please Rick thumb:
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:46 pm

How easy is it to fit these things?

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:08 pm

MikeFish wrote:How easy is it to fit these things?
id say anyone with basic skills could fit the throttle spacer no problem, then the inlet spacers can be done when you do a carbon clean

i will try to put together an oil seperator bypass kit for ease of future removal and those extra ponies, (i have already done this to mine but the 'kit' is pretty basic)

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthrea ... ost6216990

nutter69
1st Gear

Post by nutter69 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:30 pm

im in :)

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:48 pm

I had the JHM spacers on mine when MRC did the stage 2
Worth doing if your having work done, guess they help to keep things cooler?

gilly
2nd Gear

Post by gilly » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:22 pm

RIV wrote:I had the JHM spacers on mine when MRC did the stage 2
Is this a standard thing that MRC do when the stage 2 is carried out? Mine is MRC stage 2 but I don't think there is any mention of these on the invoice.
Misano Red| Black Optics| Black alloys| Black mirrors| Full CC at MRC| MRC Stage 2 Manifold| MRC Stage 2 Remap| De-Catted| KW V3 with H&R Fr & rear ARB| H&R Hubcentric spacers 8mm Fr, 10mm rear| A few choice CF goodies to go on|

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:02 am

gilly wrote:
Is this a standard thing that MRC do when the stage 2 is carried out? Mine is MRC stage 2 but I don't think there is any mention of these on the invoice.

no i think they would only fit them if you ordered yourself

gilly
2nd Gear

Post by gilly » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 am

Rick_RS4 wrote:
gilly wrote:

no i think they would only fit them if you ordered yourself
Guess that clears that up then. Definitely up for these, count me in.

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:26 am

Get me down for a set to please Rick. Car shall be going in at some point so would be good to have them ready.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:18 am

Count me in.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:18 am

count me in, what timescale you looking at?, i'm planning carbon clean in few weeks time
2013 RS5 Phantom Black, MRC Stage 2 and TCU, Bilstein B16 IRC, 034 Arms, H&R ARB's, Milltek non res, ITG, 20” Ispiri FFR6 / PS4s, AP Radical 6 pot brakes / 390mm floaters, Pagid RSL1, JL Audio, EMtuning headlight build, Gtechniq ceramic and Llumar PPF

Gone: Daytona B7 RS4 saloon

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:37 pm

ok guys great, ill get the ball rolling for 1 set and will try them out first, then will get the others ordered, the rder takes 7-14 days to draw up the CAD drawing and CNC the parts

i dont want to sell a duff product,

im certain it will be fine as its a pretty basic part.

the only thing im cautious of is matching the ports correctly, the the spacers will match to the gaskets and then to the block (which will be able to be seen before the inlet, but i want to make sure it lines up exactly when the inlet is fitted also.

i am yet to get to the bolt man to get longer bolts for the inlet and the throttle body

ill be as quick as i can, but want to be thorough

gilly
2nd Gear

Post by gilly » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:ok guys great, ill get the ball rolling for 1 set and will try them out first, then will get the others ordered, the rder takes 7-14 days to draw up the CAD drawing and CNC the parts

i dont want to sell a duff product,

im certain it will be fine as its a pretty basic part.

the only thing im cautious of is matching the ports correctly, the the spacers will match to the gaskets and then to the block (which will be able to be seen before the inlet, but i want to make sure it lines up exactly when the inlet is fitted also.

i am yet to get to the bolt man to get longer bolts for the inlet and the throttle body

ill be as quick as i can, but want to be thorough
Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks for the update & let me know if/ when you want the cash 8) :thumbs:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”